• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Quest Pack] [10 Quests] - ...and the quest begins!

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: My quests

Postby Daedalus » Tuesday July 21st, 2015 3:45am

Sotiris has yet to officially name this Quest Pack which is ongoing. The original thread disscussing it from the perspective of the first Quest was titled PBP with custom Heroes--descriptive, but not intended as a Quest Pack title. The first Quest, [general audience warning] Vanilla Rapist, became the PBP topic title by default.

Sotiris, feel free to retitle this topic if you have something else in mind.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: My quests

Postby Sotiris » Tuesday July 21st, 2015 11:14am

Daedalus wrote:Quest 4
Is that a long pit in the double corridor north of the entrance/exit?

Yes.

Daedalus wrote:Did you really use a Polar Warbear outside of the fortress?!

Yes, but mine are more gently, they let heroes to defend themselves on the 2nd attack.
Image (oh, i forgot it)

Daedalus wrote:Sotiris has yet to officially name this Quest Pack which is ongoing.
Sotiris, feel free to retitle this topic if you have something else in mind.

Ok, if i find a good pack title i'll rename it.
Tnx for the feedback! |_P
My new unpublished boardgame on Tabletopia free platform:
https://tabletopia.com/games/stellar_omega

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: ...and the quest begins!

Postby Sotiris » Tuesday July 28th, 2015 3:33am

6th QUEST
quest06.png

Heroic Testimony
“The long travel brought you to the Golden City, one of the richest cities in the East. But you not feel welcome here as the gates remain closed. 'Those gates won't open to rogues & thieves, but only to true heroes!' were the City Master's words. Go out there and prove your skills and bravery by slaying 12 monster types, including your previous quests too. Afterwards the gates will be opened wide for you.”

A. Heroes begin the quest from the “X” squares.
When they manage to kill 12 monster types (monsters from previous quests are included – but not the special ones) the central gate opens temporary and Zargon places the following 2 champions in front of it.
Warrior: B5 M2 A4 D4 (white shields) Mv8
Wizard: B3 M4 A2 D3 (white shields) Mv7 (Chaos Spells: Ball of Flame, Soothe, Mind Blast)
“Now you have to confront my Champions if you are to pass the gate as true heroes!”
The champions, also, can be placed on the board when all the monsters of the quest have been killed.

B. Those doors open simultaneously. Heroes discover it while opening it.

C. “Those 3 undead monsters are ghosts” and will not play unless they get attacked. They may pass through heroes/walls/furniture when moving. They inflict Mind damage instead of Body (through normal fight). A Hero may hit a ghost ONLY WHEN passing a Mind test by rolling 1 Red die. If he scores lower/equal to his M.P. he is able to attack, otherwise he loses his action phase. Heroes may also search a room with ghosts visible.
The chest is trapped with a poisonous dart (-1 B.P.). It contains a random Elf spell scroll + 1 Potion of Restoration.

D. The chest contains 100 gold coins.

E. The first hero who searches for treasure will find a Potion of Healing on the table.

Wandering Monster – roll 1 red die:
1=goblin, 2=orc, 3=fimir, 4=skeleton, 5=zombie, 6=mummy
ogre warrior.jpg

ogre champion.jpg

Patroclus lost his hero (Orthos) in this quest and joined with another one of the same stats, Athos.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Sotiris on Monday March 26th, 2018 7:26am, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby cynthialee » Tuesday July 28th, 2015 11:08am

so the heroes must prove their worthy of the title hero by going out and murdering monsters for no other reason than to gain access to a city....
That isn't heroic. It would be self serving and the antithesis of heroic to go hunt down 'monsters' just because they are monsters. And it is the height of arrogance and smacks of privilege that the people behind the city gates won't open them until the heroes basically dance to their tune...

Seems to me that last quest needs a true motivation other than 'kill monsters so we believe you are a hero'. The people putting forth such requirements are villains and if the heroes follow such orders blindly...so are they.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby cynthialee » Tuesday July 28th, 2015 11:43am

After coffee I am still rather blown away by that last quest. It is not good motivation and I think the heroes should be allowed a chance to assault the city and take out the nobility that runs the place.
The people behind the gate are evil. There are dangers outside the city walls and to require fellow humans to remain outside is wrong minded and misguided.

Mentor should cast Meteor spells on that city!
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby cynthialee » Tuesday July 28th, 2015 12:25pm

Is it a magic door?
If so it would open without the need to kill extra monsters. The fact that it opens only after the monsters are assassinated means, it is enchanted so that it only opens to those who have danced to the tune of the gate guards flute, so to speak.
A true magic item that recognizes heroism, would not need proof. The measure of heroism is in a persons heart with or without a provable action. Thus the door should open without any required action.
The door as is, is a measure of how easily manipulated the heroes are.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby The Road Warrior » Tuesday July 28th, 2015 1:30pm

The quest for was reasonably fun to play. The wide variety of monsters and tough finale against the warrior and wizard made it enjoyable. But I do have to admit that now we have been allowed inside the city I really want a to sack the place for being a inhabited by a complete bunch of arseholes! Maybe the next quest will reveal further reasoning for the city's dubious morals.
Join in the community project.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » Tuesday July 28th, 2015 2:49pm

Me too, the most fun thing now would be to smack the City governor until he resigns and allows for another governor to take his seat. We lost Orthos. And what for?

Apart from that, it was quite fun to play. My :2cents:

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Sotiris » Wednesday July 29th, 2015 5:36am

cynthialee wrote:Is it a magic door?

No, it opens by the guards who don't trust strangers.
Anyway, would you like to create a hero and join the party to find out what's happening behind the doors? :)

Rewards:
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby cynthialee » Wednesday July 29th, 2015 11:34am

PbP is not my thing. I appreciate the offer. I truly do.
I am just happy to see the players above want to sack the city now. Town Guards deserve it after the city walls stunt...
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext