• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Preview] [Quest Pack] [6 Quests] - Tertre des Hommes-Bêtes

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: [QuestPack - Tertre des Hommes-Bêtes] Translator wanted

Postby The Admiral » February 27th, 2016, 12:05 pm

cleps wrote:this is orange dice ;)

Outstanding! thanks for that.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby cleps » February 27th, 2016, 12:20 pm

i use adhesive paper; print & paste on a battle master dice

cleps

Fimir
Fimir

Forum Language: Italiano
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » February 27th, 2016, 12:22 pm

Yay! progress!!
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby The Admiral » February 27th, 2016, 1:13 pm

In Quest 2, doors D and E are locked. When a Hero attempts to open door E, the contents of the room are laid out and a Beastman sentry appears by door D. On killing said sentry a key to door D, and thus the exit to the quest, is found. What happens to the Shaman and Beastmen in room E?

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby clmckay » February 27th, 2016, 4:55 pm

I've been working on the translation. I've not finished the compendium and it may be a few weeks yet. However, the section you ask about has had the initial translation done. Pan has not yet reviewed it so it could change, but here it is as it stands now:

Quest 2 - forgotten Crypts

1. To read when the player comes across the secret passage
You crawl through a cramped room until you are blocked by a heavy stone slab. After much work you are able to shift the stone out of the way. On the other side you find yourself in a dark and unsettling corridor. There is not a soul in sight, except for a sinister glimmer of light at the end of the hall and it’s starting to move in your direction…

2. Read after placing the contents of the room
You’ve entered some kind of burial chamber. As you look about the dark and dusty room, the sarcophagus’s lid begins to grind to the side before being lifted off by a rotting hand. The remains of an ancient knight rises from his grave and looks at you with a breathless grumble.

3. To read when the player tries to open the door
The closed door does not yield. On the other side you can hear the clamor of loud voices. Looking between a gap in the slats of the mildewed boards you see a surreal scene: a huge room with endless arches bathed in an almost warm glow. In the center you see Beastmen surrounding a Shaman performing a strange ceremony. Suddenly you see the Black Stone, that block with perfectly straight corners and indecipherable inscriptions, the artifact that could radically change the course of the war. A shiver runs down your back as you notice, huddled in the back of the room, the bodies of your comrades, sacrificed on the altar of evil! Suddenly the door behind you rattles and the sound of hoofbeats echoes up the hall announcing the arrival of some new beast…

To read when a player exits the Quest - End of the Quest
You step over the body of the Beastman, whose fresh blood is still dripping on the corridors chilly flagstones. The key in your hands will allow you to finally leave this dark place, where you have already lingered too long. As you enter the key into the door before you the rusty lock clatters and the door creaks open. The passage deeper into the forgotten crypts is before you.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby StratosVX » February 27th, 2016, 6:52 pm

I'm glad someone is working on this. I found the quest book online by accident and had no idea we had a thread for it. I was going to try to translate it using various software translators but I won't have time for a while as I recently started school. I had some rough translations of artifacts, spells, and monsters but I don't even remember if I needed to tweak the descriptions or not. If anyone wants them, just PM me.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby cleps » February 28th, 2016, 4:10 am

The Admiral wrote:
cleps wrote:this is orange dice ;)

Outstanding! thanks for that.

if u want buy the dice http://spielwarensaloon.de/index.php/cat/c24_Wuerfel-Wuerfel.html
cleps

Fimir
Fimir

Forum Language: Italiano
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » February 28th, 2016, 4:28 am

It surprises me that I didn't post here...
I translated ghan's Champion(s) of the Empire and therefore know how much dedication and sweat goes in such a project.
I more or less swore that I won't take on a behemoth like that anymore, but I'll gladly proofread and edit, similar to what Daedalus did for ghan and me.
I'm glad that someone is taking this on and will happily help whenever and wherever I can.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » February 28th, 2016, 7:23 am

Pan posted only a few texts to translate....

He didn't come back since then, right? Well, hopefully he sees the activity here.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » February 28th, 2016, 11:08 am

clmckay wrote:I've been working on the translation. I've not finished the compendium and it may be a few weeks yet.

This is great news that you are working on this.

That passage clears it up nicely thank you. The central room can't be entered.

Rewards:
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Quests and Quest Packs