• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Preview] [Quest Pack] [10 Quests] - My Wizard Quest Pack

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: My Wizard Quest Pack

Postby Redav » August 23rd, 2015, 11:16 pm

Goblin-King wrote:Let the players be amazed the first time they encounter a minotaur instead of having them anticipate it.
It's a storytelling problem, not a game mechanic problem.

Agreed, it's all about the reveal. Discovery beats anticipation any day.
Campaign Status
EU Group: Kellar's Keep - The Dwarven Forge
NA Group: The Gathering Storm - Barak Tor - Barrow of the Witch Lord

Project's Status
Rules: House Rules and Clarifications are open for discussion
Campaigns: Thinking
Alternate Mini's: Planning and acquiring
Painting: I've started painting... :o

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Redav

Storm Master
Storm Master

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby slev » August 25th, 2015, 6:11 am

Since I can't get the links to work, you can look at the Circlet of Scorcery here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2f7mw8bighk5 ... 6c96a?dl=0

And teh Calming Brew here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4it4kc4qakyx ... Kca0a?dl=0

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
slev

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Pancho » June 1st, 2017, 3:18 am

Did this pack ever get finished?
I've logged in on a couple of devices and can't see any links at all.

I love the concept of using Wizards of Morcar (which had a lot of potential in my opinion) as a starting point but adding the 3 solo quests and a few group quests. It Would make an incredible pack.

Admiral said that the solo quests were finished a while back. Where are they?

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » June 2nd, 2017, 10:35 am

Pancho wrote:Did this pack ever get finished?
I've logged in on a couple of devices and can't see any links at all.

I love the concept of using Wizards of Morcar (which had a lot of potential in my opinion) as a starting point but adding the 3 solo quests and a few group quests. It Would make an incredible pack.

Admiral said that the solo quests were finished a while back. Where are they?

No, not finished, though it is still on my to do list. The three Wizard solo quests are done, but as I have zero computer literacy I have no idea how to get them on here looking all jazzy. I'd be happy to scan them and e-mail them to someone to produce them for me. The same would go for all the cards, which I am pretty sure are also all done.

Quests 4-7 will basically be carbon copies of the original WoM quests 1-4. Maybe a few minor changes to substitute my monsters and treasures for the some in the original.

Quests 8-10 are not even started yet.

See pics of my, very rough, example draft work. That is meant to be Balur on the cover.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Decipher » June 2nd, 2017, 5:52 pm

How the heck did I miss this whole thread?

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Decipher

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » August 7th, 2017, 1:14 am

Daedalus wrote:
The Admiral wrote:Future Sight
This spell can be cast on any one Hero, including yourself. On that Heroes next turn he may reroll any attack or movement die rolls once. On Zargon’s next turn he may reroll any defence die once. The Hero must accept any rerolled die.

Did you intend to power up or power down this spell with the altered defend roll? "The Hero must accept any rerolled die" leads me to believe you intend a power up. "...reroll any defence die once'' reads to me as reroll any 1 combat die in defense once--a power down. For a power up, I believe it should read ...reroll any combat dice in defense once.

The Admiral wrote:Thanks for your input. I will reply to your points as follows:
. . .
2) The intention is for the player to be able to re-roll one complete set of defence dice again, once. e.g I must try to defend 2 skulls rolled against me. I roll my, lets say 3 defence dice, and roll 1 white shield. I anticipate more and bigger attacks coming and so I don't do a re-roll. Another monster attacks me and rolls 3 skulls. I roll my 3 dice on defence again and get no white shields. I activate my future sight and re-roll my 3 dice again and get 1 white shield. Not a great re-roll, but I must accept it. I am attacked by a third monster and it won't matter how many skulls I need to defend against, I have used my ability and can not re-roll any more defence dice.
If you can re-write the spell to reflect this it would be most appreciated.
. . .

Better late than never?

Attacking Orcs with Orc's Bane, drinking Heroic Brew, or benefiting from Time Stop all provide an extra attack. Since you intend to limit total defense rolls affected to one only, I assume you'd want to do the same to multiple attack rolls. I feel Wandering Monsters which must be defended on a Hero's turn should also be considered, even from another inaccessible Hero's search. To account for these points, I'd modify the WoZ Detection spell this way:

Future Sight
    This spell can be cast on any one Hero, including yourself. That Hero may then reroll one each of attack, defence, and movement die rolls once until the end of your next turn.

You could always add "The Hero must accept any rerolled dice" back in for extra clarity. I felt that it is already implicitly understood to be part of a reroll.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » August 12th, 2017, 4:50 pm

Yes, multiple attacks and defences won't affect it. You can only choose to re-roll all dice from one attack, one defence and one movement roll. Your wording covers this and is shorter than mine thanks.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: [Preview] [Quest Pack] [10 Quests] - My Wizard Quest Pac

Postby tb55555 » December 17th, 2017, 8:59 am

Alright. Since I'm new and can't PM.

Hey Admiral! Have you finished this pack? Or are you still struggling with making it pretty to be uploaded? Either way I would love to take a look at it and see if I could do the layout for you. (I'm both computer savy and have a background in graphic design).

Let me know.

Thanks!
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference.
tb55555

Zombie
Zombie

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » February 13th, 2018, 8:14 am

tb55555 wrote:Alright. Since I'm new and can't PM.

Hey Admiral! Have you finished this pack? Or are you still struggling with making it pretty to be uploaded? Either way I would love to take a look at it and see if I could do the layout for you. (I'm both computer savy and have a background in graphic design).

Let me know.

Thanks!

That is very kind thanks. I am just looking again at my HQ after a long break from it. If I ever get this finished I'll run it past you, unless you want to have a go at what I have so far?

Rewards:
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » April 24th, 2018, 1:08 pm

Well, I have finally finished, although most of the quests are based on other peoples quests.
Quests 1-3 are Solo quests for the Wizard and all my own work.
Quest 4 is based on The Trial
Quests 5-8 are based on the first four Wizards of Morcar quests
Quest 9 is based on Search for the Chaos Warlock by drathe, which I only found today and it proved to be an excellent last piece to the jigsaw.
Quest 10 is based on The Fire Mage which was the original quest where Balur was encountered.

Rewards:
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Quests and Quest Packs