• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Quest Pack Series] [27 Quests] - AlterQuest

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: [Quest Pack Series] [27 Quests] - AlterQuest

Postby Count Mohawk » March 21st, 2020, 4:04 pm

Oops. I apparently uploaded the wrong PDF to my dropbox and didn't notice for nearly two years. This has been rectified just now.
I'll list the stats of the missing monsters here as well:
  • Chaos Fury: Move 9 | Attack 5* | Defend 3 | Body 3 | Mind 5 | Special Abilities: May choose to deal Mind damage when attacking, but only rolls 3 Combat Dice instead of 5 when attacking this way.
  • Skeleton Knight: Move 7 | Attack 4 | Defend 2 | Body 2 | Mind 0 | Undead
  • Wight: Move 5 | Attack 3* | Defend 5 | Body 2 | Mind 0 | Special Abilities: Undead; Attacks from this monster deal both Body and Mind damage simultaneously.
  • Exalted Sorcerer: Move 7 | Attack 3* | Defend 5 | Body 4 | Mind 6 | Special Abilities: May attack at range with dark magic, rolling 3 Combat Dice to do so.

For those curious as to whether or not more Quest Packs are forthcoming to continue the saga of AlterQuest: Yes ... Eventually!
But first I have to write the Quest Notes and convert them to Compatibility Mode. Jury's out on that one.

(Did I ever show anybody my preview for "The Cursemaster"? I don't think so.)

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby The Admiral » March 23rd, 2020, 1:05 pm

Is cursemaster stand alone, or does it fit in with anything else?

Unfortunately my brother's dwarf (now a slayer) has, on finishing his quest in the Dragonback mountains, been lured further east by the thought of killing the Troll in Carag Eight Peaks. So he will complete that first before returning for Alterquest Pt deux.

So many quests! But keep them coming, because yours are great.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Count Mohawk » March 23rd, 2020, 11:33 pm

I originally designed Cursemaster as a standalone Quest Pack in a similar style to Heirs of Chaos: four linked pairs of Quests, followed by a trilogy to close out the Quest Pack.
I have plans to add it as part of AlterQuest later, but it'll be posted by itself for a while first.

AlterQuest itself is getting a couple more additions soon as well; my players are almost done going through "The Hajmoor Horde", an 8-Quest series of adventures set in the oversea nation of Valencia.
The monsters in this Quest Pack are far-Eastern invaders with primitive firearm technology: Heroes who get shot must defend against the attack with one fewer Combat Die than usual.
They also summon Djinns, powerful spirits who cannot be harmed by "mundane" weapons; only Spells, Artifacts or Magic Items can hurt them.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Poctuk » March 28th, 2021, 10:05 pm

Count Mohawk wrote:(Did I ever show anybody my preview for "The Cursemaster"? I don't think so.)

Any updates on the Cursemaster quest pack?
Poctuk

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Postby InSpectreRetro » November 23rd, 2021, 7:14 pm

::summons count mohawk:: Christmas is nearing. Present us, please. :)
Zargon > Grimdead > Morcar

Frozen Horror Solo Quests Converted to Group Quests - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Uh286B5UHDb7POdwfL9okiecegSOgHMa/view?usp=share_link

Mage of the Mirror Solo Quests Converted to Group Quests - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Vw2J8k5xUuHq77b1KOasNPVCZAg1bvec/view?usp=share_link
InSpectreRetro

Zombie
Zombie

Hero:

Postby The Admiral » April 8th, 2023, 4:28 am

I've just finished solo playing part 2. Really enjoyable thanks. The difficulty level is a major step up from part 1, and looking at part 3 it really ramps up, although I note the Chaos Fury's have lost an attack die since Heralds.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby MoreWoodenDice » July 15th, 2023, 11:06 pm

Count Mohawk wrote:(Did I ever show anybody my preview for "The Cursemaster"? I don't think so.)

Yes you did viewtopic.php?f=37&t=4522 and I'm still waiting. ;)
Looking for: MAP to Skulmar's Fellowship of Four Quest, Hunt for Heaven, & The Rise of Skulmar.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map
MoreWoodenDice

Zombie
Zombie

Postby Count Mohawk » July 16th, 2023, 1:42 pm

MoreWoodenDice wrote:

Yes you did https://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=4522 and I'm still waiting. ;)

Thank you for this kick in the pants. I've been sitting on this one far too long.
You'll be happy to know I just finished writing the notes for Quest 3. Expect an update post either today or tomorrow with at least 2 more quests added!

Rewards:
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Quests and Quest Packs