• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Quest Pack Series] [27 Quests] - AlterQuest

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: [Quest Pack Series] [27 Quests] - AlterQuest

Postby Count Mohawk » May 25th, 2017, 10:13 pm

AlterQuest Quest Pack #3, "Shadow of the Darkdelve", is finally released! Go check the first post for the download links.
"Shadow of the Darkdelve" is recommended only for Heroes who have bought as much equipment from the Armory as they can practically use - lesser Heroes will fall to the monsters interred inside! The last Quest in the book, #10, has a Questimator value of 50 - contrast that with the Heroes' Body Points totaling a mere 25 (33 with the healing spells).
Also, Compatibility Mode has been enabled - as many of the mechanics, symbols, etc. have been toned down to maximize players' ability to include these Quests as part of other campaigns!

regrettably, "maximum complexity mode" has been taken down for a couple of days, which means my custom card templates are currently not in use. this should be rectified by next weekend.
Last edited by Count Mohawk on August 27th, 2018, 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby The Admiral » May 26th, 2017, 9:12 am

Outstanding work again count! The quest book still says 17 rather than 27. The monster chart needs the Wight and Skeleton Knight adding. It might also be worth putting the Chaos Fury on as well to save people having to reference Heralds.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » October 29th, 2018, 11:34 am

I couldn't find the stats for the Good Paladins in Quest 2-6. Are they the same as the bad Paladins (Valkryies)?

Also, in that same quest, it says that Room (Pavilion) A is set up at the start, Should the two Chaos Warriors in the central corridors also be set up as they are in direct sight of the two Paladins in the corners of the Pavilion?

I love the concept of this quest. Very original.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Count Mohawk » October 30th, 2018, 12:20 am

Whoops! 2-6 was definitely the Quest I was most looking forward to playtesting. Unfortunately, the Heroes sequence-broke the previous Quest by chugging a few Magic Resistance Tonics to stave off the Dark Emperor's auto-Command scripted event and then Glock'd him in the face (my Armory sells Guns and they are OP), so I didn't get to play it. I have another Hero group coming up on this Quest Pack soon, though; maybe they'll be a little more amenable to playing by the rules!

The two Chaos Warriors in the center hallways... I had intended for the Heroes to fight those guys, so they should probably be moved one or two steps past the corner, or else into the middle hallways, so the good Paladins can't see them anymore.
Also, the good Paladins only have 3 Attack - they use the stat line for the extra Paladins in 2-3 (8/3/4/4/4). On the plus side, I've recently nerfed the Valkyries down to 2 Mind (from 5), which should help the Wizard deal with them that much more easily.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » October 30th, 2018, 6:53 pm

Count Mohawk wrote:Whoops! 2-6 was definitely the Quest I was most looking forward to playtesting. Unfortunately, the Heroes sequence-broke the previous Quest by chugging a few Magic Resistance Tonics to stave off the Dark Emperor's auto-Command scripted event and then Glock'd him in the face (my Armory sells Guns and they are OP), so I didn't get to play it. I have another Hero group coming up on this Quest Pack soon, though; maybe they'll be a little more amenable to playing by the rules!

The two Chaos Warriors in the center hallways... I had intended for the Heroes to fight those guys, so they should probably be moved one or two steps past the corner, or else into the middle hallways, so the good Paladins can't see them anymore.
Also, the good Paladins only have 3 Attack - they use the stat line for the extra Paladins in 2-3 (8/3/4/4/4). On the plus side, I've recently nerfed the Valkyries down to 2 Mind (from 5), which should help the Wizard deal with them that much more easily.

Ah yes thanks, Quest 2-3. Okay, I'll move the two chaos warriors so they are each guarding a door in the central corridor. Yes I thought 5 was a bit high. 2 MP's seems very low though for their character type. I think 3 is reasonable.

So many quests to play with so many Hero Groups, but I have worked these into my schedule. The Trials will get played in the near future i.e. within the next 12 months by a small branch off party: Erik Dorf (Warrior) and Juliette Dorf (Sorceress). They are then joining up with a another party: Lucky (Dwarf Slayer), Friend (Elf) and Eberk (Dwarf Cleric) to play Erendum (renamed Gem of Ekrund). This party will then play your 2nd and 3rd questpacks, but that's a long way off.

Rewards:
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Questions re The Dwarven Rune of seeking

Postby The Admiral » November 15th, 2018, 6:47 am

1) Does it require an action to use?
2) Is its use endless, once per quest, or once only?

Rewards:
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Count Mohawk » November 16th, 2018, 12:21 am

Dwarven Runes of Seeking can be used at any time, without requiring an action, but they are one use only.
They're a little bit "Too Awesome to Use" at the moment, so I may errata them to something like "... OR Use when you would trigger a Trap. That Trap is instead revealed as though by searching, along with all other Traps within sight, and you may continue your turn."

Rewards:
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » November 16th, 2018, 12:22 pm

Count Mohawk wrote:Dwarven Runes of Seeking can be used at any time, without requiring an action, but they are one use only,

Thanks. I like that usage, but I would say that if there are no traps actually revealed, then the rune is not used up.

Rewards:
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » November 30th, 2018, 6:31 pm

I began playtesting 'Trials' today. I am using it for two new(ish) Heroes: Erik and Juliette Dorf. They are a brother (warrior) and sister (wizard) from the town of Averridge in the Barrow Hills of Stirland. A party of Dwarves previously helped Erik rescue his sister in 'The Barrow Hills' (Encounter 1 from the Karak Vlag questpack). Erik joined the Dwarves for the remainder of their quest and thus has some stuff (Broadsword, Helmet, Potion of Healing and 600 gold coins). He has returned home to discover that the reason his sister was kidnapped was due to her innate magic abilities. Abilities Mentor has also spotted, and trained up in Erik's absence. They will be joined for these seven quests by the NPC Carn the Rogue.

I wanted to give the quests a local feel and have thus located them as follows:
1-1 and 1-2 in the Black Mountains to the south of Averridge, 1-3 and 1-6 in the Silverlode Hills to the west of Averridge, 1-4 in the ruins of Vanhaldenschlosse to the north of Averridge, and 1-7 in the World Edge Mountains to the east of Averridge. Only quest 1-5 didn't really fit my storyline. It didn't seem right that a couple of nobodies from an obscure part of the empire would get called to the capital for such an important task. I have therefore set this quest in The Abbey of Blessed Aethelbert the Vigilant, at Siegfriedhof to the north of Averridge. As the home to the ancient order of the Raven knights (Paladins), it seemed a suitable place for some dark tombs and scrolls. And where have the Paladins gone? This will tie it in with the future quest packs.

Erik and Juliette, now hopefully suitably strengthened, will then go and join my brother's main Dwarf Lucky, and Friend the Elf, for his next quest, Erendum (renamed Gem of Ekrund). And then they will all complete Alter quest packs 2 and 3!

Rewards:
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Stig » March 21st, 2020, 5:13 am

Sorry if I'm being thick, but where are the stats for the Chaos Fury and Skeleton Knight? At the start of the PDF there are stats for Chaos Marauder, Chaos Sorcerer, Orc Boss and Valkyrie, but then these other Monster appear. Where are their stats?

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Stig

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Quests and Quest Packs