• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Quest Pack] [3 Quests, 6 Encounters] - The High Elves

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: High Elf Quest Pack

Postby The Admiral » May 19th, 2016, 12:54 pm

In the second encounter, does the shaded corridor use the same rules as the death mist in quest 3 (The Silent Passages) of the 'Return of the Witch Lord' questpack?

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby clmckay » May 19th, 2016, 1:16 pm

Yes, it does.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » May 20th, 2016, 5:13 am

Thanks.

In Encounter 3, when a Hero steps through doors numbered 1-5 and 7, do they return to the central room, or do they make another die roll to see where they go?

If it is the latter, then I would add the 'A' next to those doors. If it is the former, then a new note is required next to these doors.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby clmckay » May 20th, 2016, 6:53 am

Just like 'Castle of Mystery', they roll whenever they pass through a numbered door to see where they land. I could probably get rid of note A altogether and just make note A an introductory paragraph referencing numbered doors.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:

Postby The Admiral » May 20th, 2016, 7:15 am

clmckay wrote:Just like 'Castle of Mystery', they roll whenever they pass through a numbered door to see where they land. I could probably get rid of note A altogether and just make note A an introductory paragraph referencing numbered doors.

That's probably best. I'm really enjoying these quests.

Rewards:
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » October 12th, 2016, 4:11 pm

I edited the topic name and bottom of the OP to help those checking out this Quest pack. Of course, feel free to make adjustments to the numbers. As before, I arrived at the number of figures needed by counting adjacent rooms and/or corridors together.

It took me a while to independently figure the Death Mist tile from RotWL was being used in Encounter 2, but I see you clarified this with The Admiral later in the thread. If you ever do a rework, I'd say it would be useful to recap those rules in the Notes Section.

After checking your Chaos Dwarf city Quest, I agree Encounter 6 could be improved. Perhaps a chase mechanic with some interesting locations to push through. Some brainstormed ideas:
  • a tavern full of brawling Chaos Archers throwing stools and mugs
  • a market crowded with obstacles as traps
  • alleyways and lots with waiting thieves
  • an ambush of Chaos Warriors
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Re: [Quest Pack] [3 Quests, 6 Encounters] - The High Elves

Postby clmckay » October 12th, 2016, 8:04 pm

Yeah, certainly not a very good quest, that one. As I remember the pack on the whole was fun, but that was not a very good end cap. :(

I think the ones we've played since this one, which was the first custom pack, have been much more fun. The darklands pack was the longest took us months to go through. The wastes was a fun storyline that pushed them to survive and work together, they were all fun, but this one was the birthing pains for sure. Now they've finished the last of the canon packs, so I'm going to have to be inventive again!

Rewards:
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:

Previous

Return to Quests and Quest Packs