• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Quest Pack] [3 Quests, 6 Encounters] - The High Elves

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: High Elf Quest Pack

Postby clmckay » January 31st, 2015, 8:52 am

Hi,

Glad you like the look of it. Hope your group can find time to play it!

There's two versions of that card because I was afraid the wide use version would be too powerful. I figure Zargons out there could choose based on their groups.

I'm not sure about that art. I'm not sure where I lifted that from. Most of the elf spell pictures were just sitting on my hard drive.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby mitchiemasha » January 31st, 2015, 2:21 pm

clmckay wrote: I don't like those angled bases myself. I'd either get straight or round slots bases. But that's me. I'm strange sometimes.

Those bases can be straight too. Although i prefer the angled.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Prince
mitchiemasha

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » May 21st, 2015, 8:26 am

I like the look and feel of this questpack. A couple of questions:
1) is the enchanted staff a once only use, once per quest, or as many times as you like?
2) The monsters in the corridors with crested heads in one of the encounters. Are these chaos archers?

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby clmckay » May 21st, 2015, 12:25 pm

Hi!

I'm glad you like it. I have another I'll get around to posting someday.

1. It's intended to be used as desired. I also have a corrected version of this card. There's an annoying typo on it..."ahny".
2. Yes. I have a corrected PDF. I just never uploaded it. I'll post it tonight when I get to my home computer.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:

Postby clmckay » May 21st, 2015, 4:35 pm

Here are the updated files:

HighElves-Version100.pdf

ART-Staff-Fireball.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:

Postby The Admiral » May 22nd, 2015, 4:05 am

Thanks for that. I think I'll play the Ball of Flame as a once per quest use, otherwise there's point to ever use it as a normal staff.

It might be worth adding an extra line to the Monster Chart regarding the archer:
****The Chaos Archer rolls 4 combat dice when attacking non-adjacent targets in his line of sight and 2 combat die attacking adjacent targets.
This is the wording off the Elf Archer card in the Elf Quest Pack.

I am developing a bit of an epic Heroquest adventure this summer for play with my brother. This summer it will be his Barbarian (Saracen), who is immensely powerful, along with the Barbarian's party. Their previous mission (and first for the four new guys) was The Frozen Horror in which the Dwarf (Shunt) and 'new' Barbarian (Argos) died. Rather than just replace them with like charachters I am going to introduce a Trollslayer and an Imperial Noble. The Main quest will be The Heralds of Chaos, but this will be too easy for the Barbarian + 4 other charachters + a load of henchmen, and so as that quest divides quite nicely into four parts, I am going to have him accompanied by one of the other charachters in each part. Therefore I want something extra for the 4 other charachters to do as well. The Trollslayer will be introduced via Solace and Redemption, and the Imperial Noble through Carlos's Starter Pack. I've been looking for something for the more powerful Elf (Eldred) and Wizard (Balash) to do, and I think this will be perfect for the Elf.

I think the Elf with some henchmen should be fine in the first three quests, and then in the encounters he is often accompanied by some extra helpers. I will tailor the encounters so that he finds the 'Elf' stuff i.e. the Bow rather than the Broadsword. Even better, I have a box of the High Elf spearmen and archers that I got off e-bay years ago which were mostly painted to a high standard (when they arrived that is, noy by me!). I also have somewhere a metal Dark Elf Sorceress and three metal Dark Elf spearmen who I will have to look out and paint. I even have some Chaos Archers from Battlemasters.

I love these fan created quests, so it would be great if you could publish your next one, especially if it is good for the Wizard! And thanks for this one, looking forward to it.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby clmckay » May 22nd, 2015, 4:42 pm

Yep you're right. I can add that line in there. Most people who would play one of these packs are probably pretty familar with the useage.

I think you'll enjoy epic HeroQuest. I know, we do. That's the fun of this game, you can make quest packs to share and easily plop them into your home system of rules and style of play.

The QuestBook for the next one is complete. I've been working on cards for it, they're mostly done. Art is just a pain in the butt to find. I couldn't draw to save my life, so I have to cannibalize it. It's not really wizard centric at all. Nothing new in that regard. It's mainly about a journey to a fallen dwarf keep, so there's some dwarf stuff to find and use.

Rewards:
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » May 23rd, 2015, 12:04 am

I like the fireball staff as it is. It is a small buff for the sorerer, as I see it. He needs it! And you achieved that now I will read your quest pack. :D

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Count Mohawk » May 23rd, 2015, 12:29 am

Anderas wrote:I like the fireball staff as it is. It is a small buff for the sorcerer, as I see it. He needs it! And you achieved that now I will read your quest pack. :D

Unlimited Balls of Flame is not as small a buff as you might think. The spell deals more damage on average than a Crossbow shot and gets better against monsters with higher Defense.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby clmckay » May 23rd, 2015, 7:31 am

Yes. I really wanted a weapon for the wizard that would let him make consistent attacks at a higher level. I used a staff as the base for it, so that a Chaos twist wood-type spell could take it out if it turned out I had made it overpowered.

So far, I've been pleased with how it has worked in practice for our Wizard player.

Rewards:
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Quests and Quest Packs