• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Quest Pack] [3 Quests, 6 Encounters] - The High Elves

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

[Quest Pack] [3 Quests, 6 Encounters] - The High Elves

Postby clmckay » January 11th, 2015, 3:51 pm

[The first 8 posts were originally from the topic Small Quest Pack - High Elves and were merged into this topic on 7/29/2015.]

Hi,

Been quiet around here lately.

Anyway, I've been playing around with a couple of quests and have a play testable version now that I thought I'd share.

[Jump to post 9 to see the completed Quest Pack and Card attachments]

HighElves-Final.pdf

HighElfCards.zip

edit: Sorry, I forgot to put one card in the ZIP Archive.

HighElfSpellbook.jpg

IntotheCaverns.png

TheToweroftheMists.png

TheAmberEye.png

Monster Chart.pdf

ART-ElvenDagger.jpg

1 More spell scroll Card. There's a 5 attachment limit. I'll post it next.

[Jump to post 35 to see the latest version of the Quest Pack.

Additional components needed: 4 Chaos Archers, 2 Dark Elf Dreadspears, 6 Doomguard Warriors, +2 Goblins, 2 High Elf Archers, High Elf Captain Teclis, 4 High Elf Spearmen, High Elf Wizard Lastern, +2 Mummies, +1 Zombie
5 Coffin Tiles (from Keller's Keep), 1 Death Mist Tile (from Return of the Witch Lord), 1 Closed Double Door (from Ye Old Inn), Iron Entrance and Wooden Exit Doors (from KK or RotWL), +1 Open Door, 1 Open Double Door

This Quest and Encounter Pack is suitable for Heroes who have played through and been equipped from the beginning 14 Quests.-edit]
Last edited by Daedalus on October 18th, 2016, 1:03 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Reason: merged topics and formatting

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Small Quest Pack - High Elves

Postby clmckay » January 11th, 2015, 3:52 pm

ART-SS-RestoreDiscipline.jpg

Does anybody know what template was used to make the Quest Packs on the downloads section (the ones by Pheonix/drathe)? I really like the look of those packs and I think they allow for more text than QuestMaker.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:

Postby Goblin-King » January 11th, 2015, 4:37 pm

Seems like a pretty solid mini-quest pack. Well done.
I like how you handled the different outcomes of Q1 by having different start locations in Q2.

I do think the rewards at the end are a bit too much. 500 each + daggers for what doesn't seem like an overly hard quest?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby clmckay » January 11th, 2015, 5:13 pm

Yeah, you're probably right. I'm curious about the frequency of a group being successful in triggering the reward from the elves. Likewise, I'm curious about the difficulty, hopefully I can get it play tested later in the week. I was a bit conservative with numbers of some monsters since the elves defend with white dice, effectively giving them a defense of 8 combat dice.

Rewards:
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:

Postby Goblin-King » January 11th, 2015, 6:24 pm

I think it's safe to assume the heroes will simply cast the spells on sight against the first 3 elves they encounter.

3 elves x 3 MP x 5 or 6 to restore...

Chance to restore each elf is 136/216 or ~63%

You have 3 chances, each at ~63% - that gives us a ~95% success rate!

The heroes have to be pretty damn unlucky to fail this objective :D

Edit: Math is fun!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby clmckay » January 11th, 2015, 6:29 pm

Yes. I was actually thinking about a group starting at the west door grabbing the key, as opposed to just going up the stairs when they got to the center room. Perhaps though, I should only give 1 or 2 of those scrolls.

Rewards:
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:

Postby Goblin-King » January 11th, 2015, 7:12 pm

The scrolls seems like a fun idea - controlling an elf for half a quest.
The problem is mostly it's tied to a big reward.

Actually, maybe just remove the elf-reward. Isn't gaining a temporary henchman it's own reward?

Rewards:
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby clmckay » January 11th, 2015, 10:01 pm

I think that's reasonable. I'll leave the daggers but make it 4. Really don't know why I chose 5.

I did a bunch of test rolls on the spearmen. They're definitely more hardy than a chaos warrior, but that is mitigated somewhat by the BP being 2 (vs 3). I'd probably put this series of quests after the first 14.

TheAmberEye-Revised.png

Rewards:
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:

High Elf Quest Pack

Postby clmckay » January 29th, 2015, 8:42 am

Here is a High Elf Quest Pack for those interested. I did not make any of the art in it myself. Artwork was all lifted from various places around the web.

The pack is meant to be played as an "interlude" or side-quest to a larger campaign. The encounters have been about two-thirds playtested and they vary in difficulty. So if you use them with a group of Heroes, adjust as needed to meet their needs. I plan on doing more in this vein, but it'll be a while.

HighElves-Final.pdf

HighElfCards.zip

Extra special thanks go out to GimmeYerGold and StratosVX for their templates.

Chris

edit: Sorry, I forgot to put one card in the ZIP Archive.

HighElfSpellbook.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
clmckay

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:

Re: High Elf Quest Pack

Postby StratosVX » January 29th, 2015, 12:19 pm

Looks good! You did a great job on the cards. Glad I could help. |_P

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX