• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Prev] [Solo Quest Pack] [War Priest] - Faith and Conviction

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: [Solo Quest Pack] [Warrior Priest] - Faith and Convictio

Postby The Road Warrior » November 30th, 2014, 10:41 am

Gold Bearer wrote:Actually there is an official weapon that does that in the Japanese version. Silver Sword. Attacks with four, five against chaos (not sure about gargoyles), two handed, barbarian only.

So there is. I can't see myself ever printing or playing through the Japanese game as there is more than enough official material to get through already. I will probably just use the silver sword as the base for the Hammer artefact.
Gold Bearer wrote:I think for divine retribution the should defend with as many dice as they have MP. That way it's better against undead without singling them out, and it makes more sense to defend with MP anyway.

I see where you're going with the defending with MP now. I like how that works with the undead. I may change righteous fury to work this way, giving the Warrior Priest a one attack against MP (I was never really happy with that prayer anyway)
Join in the community project.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby mako-heart » November 30th, 2014, 1:39 pm

Where is the actual Quest you said that this has been play tested ? I think there is Weapon called the Forgeing hammer in one of the fan created quests that is pretty radical!
ALL YOUR WALL SPELL BASES ARE BELONG TO US!!!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
mako-heart

High Mage
High Mage

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Road Warrior » November 30th, 2014, 4:47 pm

There are no quests written for this yet. I'll be starting them this week. ;)

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby mako-heart » November 30th, 2014, 4:51 pm

The Road Warrior wrote:There are no quests written for this yet. I'll be starting them this week. ;)

Ah I see i look forward to trying checking this out. |_P
ALL YOUR WALL SPELL BASES ARE BELONG TO US!!!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
mako-heart

High Mage
High Mage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » December 29th, 2014, 4:20 am

Nice box cover. The prayer system has a nice supplicating feel. However, I don't see why it is prohibited to draw from the same Prayer Deck two turns in a row. Is there a reason for limiting player choice this way that is worth the extra detail?

Another thing I'm not sure of is how many spells you intend to be played in a Quest, but it looks about four on average if the Warrior Priest manages to attempt them all. If this is correct, I'd have the Jade Ring allow for any white shield to turn over a Prayer Card (replace "taking a card" with "turning over a card" in the artifact card.) Rolling the correct icon is fun, so rolling both correctly shouldn't be a letdown. If this results in too many spells, I'd say try starting with three in each set.

by the way, I love the Jade ring background. ;)
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby The Road Warrior » December 29th, 2014, 7:39 am

Daedalus wrote:I don't see why it is prohibited to draw from the same Prayer Deck two turns in a row. Is there a reason for limiting player choice this way that is worth the extra detail?

This part of the rule can probably go now that I have changed the system. You're right it's just not necessary.

Daedalus wrote:Another thing I'm not sure of is how many spells you intend to be played in a Quest, but it looks about four on average if the Warrior Priest manages to attempt them all. If this is correct, I'd have the Jade Ring allow for any white shield to turn over a Prayer Card (replace "taking a card" with "turning over a card" in the artifact card.) Rolling the correct icon is fun, so rolling both correctly shouldn't be a letdown. If this results in too many spells, I'd say try starting with three in each set.

I wasn't really thinking of it in terms of the number of spells per quest but in the odds of a prayer being answered. The base character has a 33% chance of a prayer being answered. Simply allowing a second dice or re-rolling a failed prayer roll bumps this up to 55% (I think, odds were never my strong point!. I felt this was a little bit higher than I wanted whereas still requiring exactly 1 white shield bumps it up to 44% which I prefer. It still needs testing as a system

Daedalus wrote:by the way, I love the Jade ring background. ;)

Lol. I thought you might. I hope Goblin King doesn't mind me changing his artwork all the time. I used the same background for Goki's armour ;)

Rewards:
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby The Road Warrior » January 16th, 2015, 5:55 pm

Poisoned Spring
“The Townsfolk were quick to gather when you begun to preach in the market square. “We’re cursed” they called out….. They explained that their Priest, one of your own order, had protected them from the Orc tribes of the nearby mountains for many seasons. This year the crops had failed, the Priest vanished and the water source that runs from the mountain had been poisoned. Those who were able to, had already left . Those that remain now implore you for your help."

NOTES
The River
Each square of the underground stream counts as 2 squares for movement purposes. The river is not Icy and the Warrior Priest and his companions do not suffer damage when moving through the river. Monsters do do not suffer movement penalties from the river.

1. This Treasure chest contains 75 gold.
  2. This Treasure chest contains a Potion of Healing that will restore up to two lost Body points.
    THE CURSED PRIEST
    Use the Chaos Sorcerer to represent the Cursed Priest. He knows the Chaos spell Command and may cast it once per turn. He may never control more than one Hero or Man-at-Arms at one time. He rolls the following dice:
    Attack: 3
    Defend: 4
    Move: 7
    Mind: 4
    Body: 4
Wandering Monster: Image

Rewards:
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby The Road Warrior » April 13th, 2015, 5:45 pm

Mountain Stronghold
"The dying priests’ fingers reached for the stone amulet around his neck. “Chaos Stone” he said. “It clouds the mind and bends a man’s will. The mountain tribe seeded the towns crop fields with shards of it. Too many and too small to be removed by hand so I came to the mountains to bless the water source. The townsfolk irrigate the fields with water from the spring. Do you understand?” But I was ambushed. The Orcs took me captive. They fashioned this amulet from the stone, and when it was placed around my neck I became their slave. Forgive me brother, for I knew not the evil acts I did. You must locate the source of the Chaos Stone and destroy it! But first travel to the abandoned mountain stronghold. The Orcs have made this their base and there you will find the equipment they stole from me, including a Ring of Jade. This ring will be of great use to you.” After the priest had passed away you set off in search of the Orc’s mountain stronghold."

1. This cupboard contains a potion of healing that will restore 3 lost Body points.
  2. When the door to this room is opened an Orc hunting party returns to the stronghold. Place 2 Orcs and 2 Goblin archers on the stairway.
  3. The Cursed Priest’s equipment is in the treasure chest. If the Warrior Priest searches for treasure, they will find a potion of strength, a potion of healing and the Jade Ring. This is a Quest Treasure and the player takes the appropriate card, which they may keep.
    X - GRUUG
    This is the Orc Warlord, Gruug. Use the Orc figure with the large sword to represent Gruug. Gruug rolls the following dice:
    Attack: 4
    Defend: 5
    Move: 8
    Mind: 3
    Body: 3
Wandering Monster: Image

Rewards:
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby The Road Warrior » April 13th, 2015, 5:59 pm

Daedalus wrote:Rolling the correct icon is fun, so rolling both correctly shouldn't be a letdown. If this results in too many spells, I'd say try starting with three in each set.

You may be right here. On one of the playtests of the most recent quest the Warrior Priest only rolled 1 white shield from 10 attempts, even though he picked up the Ring of Jade half way through the quest. More playtesting is needed to see how freakish this result was.

I really struggled to find something interesting to add into the quest. I eventually took a little inspiration from Sotiris' current pbp game and had a hunting party return to the stronghold (note B). The two goblin archers can really cause some damage here shooting the Hero and the Men-at-Arms down that long corridor. It still feels a little like a filler quest as I think the main function of it is to tie up the story form the opening quest the way I wanted to and to set the story for the final three quests.

Rewards:
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby sadkitchen » April 13th, 2015, 9:49 pm

How do you plan on limiting this character to 4 defense dice?
I don't see this class as having much armor restrictions... Just thinking out loud.

-sadkitchen
sadkitchen

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Hero:
Usergroups:

PreviousNext

Return to Quests and Quest Packs