• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Prev] [Solo Quest Pack] [War Priest] - Faith and Conviction

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

[Prev] [Solo Quest Pack] [War Priest] - Faith and Conviction

Postby The Road Warrior » November 21st, 2014, 5:17 pm

A solo quest pack for the Warrior Priest.

Warrior Priest
MovementAttack DiceDefense DiceBody PointsMind Points
2d62255
  • Prayers

Quests
  1. Poisoned Spring
  2. Mountain Stronghold
New Rules
Prayers
Before play begins the player should take the three new decks of Prayer cards, Retribution, Salvation and Invigoration. Each deck should be shuffled and then placed face-down within reach.

Once per turn the Warrior Priest may pray to the Gods. The player should take the top card from one of the the prayer decks and place it face-down in front of them. They should then role one combat die. If a white shield is rolled the player may turn over and read the card. The effects of this card last until the beginning of the Warrior Priest's next turn, when it is discarded. If a white shield is not rolled the card should be immediately discarded without being read. The Warrior Priest may never draw from the same Prayer Deck on two consecutive turns.

Blessed Heroes
Some of the Prayer cards refer to 'Blessed Heroes'. When one of these cards is read all Heroes may roll one combat die. Any Hero that rolls a white shield is blessed by the Warrior Priest's prayer and the effects of the Prayer card also apply to them. The effects of these cards always apply to the Warrior Priest and the player does not need to roll again.

Men-at-Arms
The Warrior Priest commands such respect that he will have no problem finding a band of followers to aid him in his great feats of heroism.
Men that believe in the Warrior Priests faith can be found in towns and cities all around the country and are willing to follow a Warrior Priest and fight for him to the death.

For this quest pack only the Warrior Priest may be accompanied by two such men on each of his adventures. At the beginning of each quest the player should draw two random Men-at-Arms cards. These will be his companions on this quest. They have two Body points and may roll as ‘Blessed Heroes’ whenever a Prayer card is read that affects ‘Blessed Heroes’.

New Items
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Monsters
NOTE: These quest have been written and playtested using the NA monster stats for BP
Last edited by Daedalus on May 10th, 2018, 7:28 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Reason: Reformatted title
Join in the community project.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: [Solo Quest Pack] [Warrior Priest] - Faith and Convictio

Postby The Road Warrior » November 21st, 2014, 5:36 pm

So I'm starting work on a quest pack for the next character I want to add to the game, the Warrior Priest. I've spent the last few weeks reading through the various different clerics, priests and warrior priests that have already been created and come up with a system I'm happy with.

The idea is to limit the Hero to 3 attack dice and 4 defence dice and then allow him to gain random buffs with the three prayer decks. Prayers of Restoration will provide attacking buffs, Prayers of Salvation will provide defence buffs and Prayers of Invigoration will provide Body points, Mind points and movement buffs. The card system is loosely inspired by Tott's Cleric from Evensong and the topic he set up regarding this Hero. The idea of limiting praying to when the Hero performs another action comes from Dock's Warrior Priest amd should prevent the player from abusing the Prayers of Invigoration. The prayer card backs will change if I can find something that is more suitable (although I do quite like the Prayers of Invigoration).

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby torilen » November 21st, 2014, 6:07 pm

I'm starting to be intrigued....continue....

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Sotiris » November 22nd, 2014, 2:33 am

Me too! I like those simple ideas (referring to Trollslayer too).
Eager to see the prayer decks.
My new unpublished boardgame on Tabletopia free platform:
https://tabletopia.com/games/stellar_omega

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Sotiris

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: Ελληνικά
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Gold Bearer » November 22nd, 2014, 9:05 am

Nice. Can he use edged weapons? If he can then there should definitely be a magic hammer artefact, one that works better on undead and maybe chaos. Targets defend with same same dice as their MP would be a nice one for him. I still haven't looked at your troll slayer quests if you still want to carry on with the wardancer quest and then back to the slayer.

The Road Warrior wrote:Prayers of Restoration will provide attacking buffs
You mean retribution. ;)
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby The Road Warrior » November 22nd, 2014, 10:47 am

Sotiris wrote:Me too! I like those simple ideas (referring to Trollslayer too).
Eager to see the prayer decks.

I'm not entirely sure what will be in the prayer decks yet. I have a few ideas but haven't made any decisions yet.

At the moment I'm thinking each deck would look be made up like this:

• 6 cards per deck - each card would have a 5.5% chance of showing up per turn.
  • Each deck contains one 'Divine' card. The strongest card in the deck
  • Some card effects will also apply to the Warrior Priest's companions. Maybe they have to roll 1 white shield as well to get the bonus?

So Prayers of Retribution may look like this.
  1. Any Monster you attack must roll 1 less combat die in defence than usual.
  2. You may roll 1 extra combat die in attack.
  3. You may roll 1 extra combat die in attack.
  4. All monsters in the same room or corridor must roll 1 less combat die in defence than usual.
  5. You may roll 1 extra combat die in attack. All Heroes in the same room or corridor may roll 1 combat die. On the roll of a White Shield the effects of this prayer will also apply to them
  6. Divine Retribution - Warrior Priest may roll 2 extra combat die in attack this turn.

Gold Bearer wrote:Can he use edged weapons? If he can then there should definitely be a magic hammer artefact, one that works better on undead and maybe chaos.

I haven't decided on edged weapons yet but restricting them would be an easy way of limiting his attack to 3 combat die. I could then include a Hammer that attacks with 3 combat dice which would tie back in to the Trollslayer Quest Pack. His rules say he can use Hammers but there currently are none in the game.

There will be a 'Hammer of Sigmar' style artefact (probably renamed). Again I haven't really thought about what stats/powers it will have.

Rewards:
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby The Road Warrior » November 29th, 2014, 8:10 am

I changed the Warrior Priest's prayer ability a bit. I think this will work better, limiting him to 12 prayers per quest. This should be plenty. Each prayer has a 33% chance of working (44% when he has the Ring of Jade) and the player still picks the prayers at random from one of 3 decks. I have also included the first draft of the prayer decks but these still need a lot of work. Nearly ready for playtesting :D

Prayers
Before play begins the player should take the three new decks of Prayer cards, Retribution, Salvation and Invigoration. Each deck should be shuffled and then placed face-down within reach.

Once per turn the Warrior Priest may pray to the Gods. The player should take the top card from one of the the prayer decks and place it face-down in front of them. They should then role one combat die. If a white shield is rolled the player may turn over and read the card. The effects of this card last until the beginning of the Warrior Priest's next turn, when it is discarded. If a white shield is not rolled the card should be immediately discarded without being read. The Warrior Priest may never draw from the same Prayer Deck on two consecutive turns.

Blessed Heroes
Some of the Prayer cards refer to 'Blessed Heroes'. When one of these cards is read all Heroes may roll one combat die. Any Hero that rolls a white shield is blessed by the Warrior Priest's prayer and the effects of the Prayer card also apply to them. The effects of these cards always apply to the Warrior Priest and the player does not need to roll again.

Retribution
Fortune Favours the Brave
The next Hero to attack may re-roll any or all of their combat dice once.
Righteous Fury
One Hero is chosen as the Champion of Faith and may attack twice during this round. Every Hero should roll 1d6 and the highest score is the Champion.
Affliction of Chaos
The Warrior Priest and all other Blessed Heroes may roll one extra combat die when they attack.
Divine Retribution
All monsters in the same room, corridor or direct line of sight of the Warrior Priest are immediately attacked with two combat dice. They may defend against this attack as normal.

Salvation
Hallowed Protection
The Warrior Priest may roll two extra combat dice when defending.
Shield of Faith
The Warrior Priest and all other Blessed Heroes may roll one extra combat die the next time they defend.
Debilitation of Chaos
All monsters in the same room, corridor or direct line of sight of the Warrior Priest when they attack this round must roll one fewer combat die in than normal.
Divine Salvation
A resplendant Holy light shrouds the Warrior Priest. All monsters in the same room, corridor or in line of sight of the Warrior Priest may not move or attack during this round.

Invigoration
Lesser Healing
The Warrior Priest regains one lost Body point.
Indomitable Spirit
The Warrior Priest and all other Blessed Heroes regain one lost Mind point.
Rejuvenation of the Masses
The Warrior Priest and all other Blessed Heroes regain two lost Body point.
Divine Invigoration
The Warrior Priest is temporarily blessed with a healing touch and may restore up to 4 lost Body points to any Hero including himself.

Rewards:
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » November 29th, 2014, 9:10 am

I like the way it is implemented!
Maybe you can add an extra Bonus against unholy creatures like deamons, Vampires, Ghosts and Undead? Reroll the white shield roll or something like that?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby The Road Warrior » November 29th, 2014, 9:36 am

Anderas wrote:I like the way it is implemented!

Thanks

Anderas wrote:Maybe you can add an extra Bonus against unholy creatures like deamons, Vampires, Ghosts and Undead? Reroll the white shield roll or something like that?

Although it fits the theme I'm not too keen on adding an Undead bonus. I think the base character should be equally effective against all monsters (from a game point of view not RPG, does that make sense?). Gold Bearer suggested 'a magic hammer artefact, one that works better on undead and maybe chaos'. I like this. A weapon that has a bonus against Chaos Warriors and/or Gargoyles would kind of complete the set. After all we do already have Orc's Bane and the Spirit Blade.

Rewards:
The Road Warrior

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Gold Bearer » November 30th, 2014, 8:15 am

Typo.
The Road Warrior wrote:Rejuvenation of the Masses
The Warrior Priest and all other Blessed Heroes regain two lost Body pointS.

The Road Warrior wrote:A weapon that has a bonus against Chaos Warriors and/or Gargoyles would kind of complete the set. After all we do already have Orc's Bane and the Spirit Blade.
Actually there is an official weapon that does that in the Japanese version. Silver Sword. Attacks with four, five against chaos (not sure about gargoyles), two handed, barbarian only.

I think for divine retribution the should defend with as many dice as they have MP. That way it's better against undead without singling them out, and it makes more sense to defend with MP anyway.
:goblin: 1BP, :orc: 2BP, :fimir: 3BP, :skeleton: 1BP, :zombie: 2BP, :mummy: 3BP, :chaoswarrior: 4BP, :gargoyle: 5BP. US :chaoswarrior: 3BP, US :gargoyle: 4BP.

Expanded Combined Spells: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4296

A psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it. - Terence McKenna
DMT - The Spirit Molecule: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwZqVqbkyLM

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Shattered a Skeleton! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Gold Bearer

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Hero:
Usergroups:

Next

Return to Quests and Quest Packs