• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

The Cardinal Triune

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

The Cardinal Triune

Postby Big Bene » March 3rd, 2014, 7:50 am

Hi, this goes expecially to drathe -
dunno if this has been asked before, but I won't read through 6 pages of this subforum.
I'm wondering how to deal with the monsters in the "Warlord for Hire" quest.
They are presented as "normal" monsters standing around at marked places in the dungeon. No notes or special rules are given for them. So, by the rules, they would attack the heroes at sight, and the heroes are expected to do likewise.
But the objective of teh heroes, as given in the quest description, is to win Gruthak and his minions for the Empire.
:goblin: :goblin: :fimir: :goblin: :goblin:
I wonder how Grudthak will consider the Emperor's bid when the heroes present it covered in the blood of his men.
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: The Cardinal Triune

Postby drathe » March 4th, 2014, 6:18 pm

Big Bene wrote:Hi, this goes expecially to drathe -
dunno if this has been asked before, but I won't read through 6 pages of this subforum.
I'm wondering how to deal with the monsters in the "Warlord for Hire" quest.
They are presented as "normal" monsters standing around at marked places in the dungeon. No notes or special rules are given for them. So, by the rules, they would attack the heroes at sight, and the heroes are expected to do likewise.
But the objective of teh heroes, as given in the quest description, is to win Gruthak and his minions for the Empire.
:goblin: :goblin: :fimir: :goblin: :goblin:
I wonder how Grudthak will consider the Emperor's bid when the heroes present it covered in the blood of his men.

The object is not to actually recruit Grudthak. Two words in the introduction are in quotes, "bid" and "payment". These are essentially euphemisms meaning the Emperor wants Grudthak dead.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Big Bene » March 7th, 2014, 3:59 am

OK, this makes sense.
I'm lightly disappointed, cause I found negotiating with a fimir a really innovative idea for your second try at questwriting, but then again, it's still up to the players how to interprete the wording of the quest description. I would think that experienced players would pick up the idea of hiring Grudthak, even if explecitely told that the emperor really only was ordering them (in an ironical way) to kill him.
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » March 7th, 2014, 2:08 pm

Big Bene wrote:OK, this makes sense.
I'm lightly disappointed, cause I found negotiating with a fimir a really innovative idea for your second try at questwriting, but then again, it's still up to the players how to interprete the wording of the quest description. I would think that experienced players would pick up the idea of hiring Grudthak, even if explecitely told that the emperor really only was ordering them (in an ironical way) to kill him.

I would actually enjoy playing a quest where the Heroes had to negotiate the hiring of a Fimir (or similar) warlord. Perhaps someone will create one...
Unfortunately, I wasn't that clever at the age of 13.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Return to Quests and Quest Packs