• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Constructing Castle Daemondark

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: Constructing Castle Daemondark

Postby chaoticprime » January 21st, 2014, 2:02 pm

I'm thinking about making the third floor like a game of Pac-Man. Enemies that constantly spawn after you while you run around flipping switches or gathering *lemony goodness*.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Big Bene » January 21st, 2014, 2:33 pm

chaoticprime wrote:There should be some chance that what comes back may look like the Hero that left, but actually isnt.
That's a brilliant idea, but wouldn't the players know immediately, as they see that their co-player doesn't control the "hero"?
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » January 21st, 2014, 3:02 pm

The Evil Wizard player gets to attampt an attack/spell. The target hero may roll a number of combat dice equal to their current Mind points. Only when rolling two hero shields it means there can be no attack and the target hero may immediately move outside of his turn. Two black shields mean the attack is automatically successful (which outweighs the Wizard being fastest on the uptake by giving the better fighters more chances to be hit weaker).
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Big Bene » February 4th, 2014, 5:06 am

Big Bene wrote:That's a brilliant idea, but wouldn't the players know immediately, as they see that their co-player doesn't control the "hero"?
knightkrawler wrote:The Evil Wizard player gets to attampt an attack/spell. The target hero may roll a number of combat dice equal to their current Mind points. Only when rolling two hero shields it means there can be no attack and the target hero may immediately move outside of his turn. Two black shields mean the attack is automatically successful (which outweighs the Wizard being fastest on the uptake by giving the better fighters more chances to be hit weaker).

I thought about this for a while, and though it's a good idea and a simple way to work around the problem I pointed out, it is not what I was looking for. It is a fast and unexpected hit, which is nice, but the whole idea of a being "that look like the Hero that left, but actually isn't" is the creepiness of the players really thinking for a while that it is their fellow hero.
Or am I too ambitious here?

I could think of the Gamemaster handing the player a card, telling him "You discover something strange in the daemonic dimension, which the other heroes may not yet know. Please read this card silentely and follow the instructions".
The card would give rules for the player to act as an enemy, without too much room for him to undermine the intention. But I think this would be overly complicated...
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby JasonMCM » February 4th, 2014, 5:37 am

For the door and chaos spawn replacement idea I think it could actually be rather simple.
1.) When a hero enters one of the doors, roll 6 combat dice. (And scratch your head, why on God's green earth would a hero step into something that is spawning unholy horrors?)
2.) Count the number of skulls rolled, the door the hero exits is that many doors clockwise from the door the hero entered, he can come out the door he entered. Moving through the door costs 1 movement point regardless of where he comes out.
3.) If more black shields are rolled than white shields (ties go to the white shields) the hero has been replaced with a 'chaos spawn' DO NOT TELL THE HERO THIS.
4.) The hero controls the chaos spawn as normal and no one is the wiser until...
5.) At any time during Zargon's turn he can replace that Hero's mini with a Chaos Spawn mini and surprise attack the unsuspecting heroes.
6.) Zargon must reveal the Chaos Spawn early to prevent the closing of the doors (to prevent unfair player killing and why would Zargon want the doors closed?)
7.) The original hero will step out of a random door when his chaos spawn is killed.
8.) If all of the heroes are replaced with chaos spawns, you win. Time to roll up some new heroes.
(8 steps... Maybe not that simple.)
Do you PBP? I do. See my exploits below.

Amy the Amazon
Interactive HeroQuest
Sir. Jason the Champion
Trapped in the Dark
Swiftfoot the Elf
The Dark Company
Zargon the Evil Wizard
Core Quests Redone

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie!
JasonMCM

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Big Bene » February 4th, 2014, 6:26 am

Point 3 to 8: a lot better than my idea. I'll base the final edition on this ideas.

JasonMCM wrote:why on God's green earth would a hero step into something that is spawning unholy horrors?
Because it's a shortcut. In my approach, the hero cannot come out of the same door, and chances are better that he reaches a far away door than a near one.
JasonMCM wrote:Count the number of skulls rolled, the door the hero exits is that many doors clockwise from the door the hero entered, he can come out the door he entered
This does ruin the idea of using the doors as a shortcut and so the motivation to use them at all.

So, I think I will stay with my Pass-through-the-Doors rules, but use yours (or something based on yours) for the It-looks-like-the-Hero-but-isn't rule.
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby JasonMCM » February 4th, 2014, 7:03 am

Could always make a table thingie for number of skulls rolled... (But that doesn't make it very simple either.)
0 or 6 skulls: you come out the door you went in.
1 skull: you come out the door to your right.
5 skulls: you come out the door to your left.
2 or 4 skulls: you come out the door 2 to your right.
3 skulls: you come out the door 2 to your left.
Do you PBP? I do. See my exploits below.

Amy the Amazon
Interactive HeroQuest
Sir. Jason the Champion
Trapped in the Dark
Swiftfoot the Elf
The Dark Company
Zargon the Evil Wizard
Core Quests Redone

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie!
JasonMCM

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Derfel Link » March 10th, 2014, 8:29 am

chaoticprime wrote:I remade floor one, because HeroScribe doesn't properly show traps on the second map (the orange bit is still on the first map--strange).

[...] When you create a map that's 1x2 maps wide, and try to lay down a pit trap on the right-most map it will only show the graphic. The orange tone instead shows up on the left map on the matching space.

Hi chaoticprime, thanks for finding the bug!
I've fixed it and uploaded the working version as described here.
Shall you find any other bug please let me know, thanks.
Cheers

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Derfel Link

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: Italiano
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous