• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Work In Process[Quest Pack][20 Quests] - Old Enemies

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: [Quest Pack][? Quests] - Old Enemies

Postby Beiren » January 6th, 2014, 6:38 pm

Quest 4: Four Warriors part 2
Akaroth as decieved us all. He has sent us on a chase, but the warriors propably never have left this part of the dungeon. You know a part of the dungeon already and that might come in handy, but be aware that on our abcent, they might have placed or moved some traps. So tread carefully. Once you have found the warriors and their gear, you should search for an exit. Because the way we came in has collapsed, so another route is needed.

Since the heroes have already been trough a part of the dungeon, the dungeon is partly revealed. Place all the furniture of the rooms that have been visitid and place the doors without an open or closed door on the stand. Do not place the monsters yet. Only when they have revisited that room again you can reveal the new monsters. If there were chests that weren't opened during the last time the heroes past (quest 2), then that unclaimed gold is added to the one chest in this quest.

A: Trough this door the heroes enther this dungeon.
B: Here lie the weapons and armour of the warriors. This is to much to carry, so make shure that the warriors get to this room.
C: This chest contains a trap. If it is opened before searching for traps then the hero opening the chest loses 2 life. The chest contains 50 gold.
D: This fireburst trap is plate activated. See previous quest.
E: These are the 4 warriors. Because you freed them, they thank you and keep you company without charging you gold. But without armour and weapons they are rather weak. They have 1 die for both offence en defence. With their weapons, they have the following stats:
The first warrior carries a sword and has 5 MV; 4AD, 4DD, 3MP, 3BP counterattack ability (when succesfully defended; he blocked all skulls and the attack didn't fumble), he may attack on the other players turn with 2 dice.
The second carries A crossbow and has 6 MV; 3(2)AD; 4DD; 3MP; 3BP
The tirth carries a shortsword and shield 9MV; 2AD; 3DD; 3MP; 3BP attack&run ability (can run-attack-run in one turn, total movement may not exceed 10)
The fourth carries a halberdier and had 6MV; 3AD; 4DD; 3MP, 3BP and can attack diagonally.
F: This door is the exit and leads to the next quest. The rescued warriors will join the heroes into their next battles.

Wandering monster: fimir
Last edited by Beiren on January 23rd, 2014, 4:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Time will tell, sooner or later time will tell
Beiren

Fimir
Fimir

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby chaoticprime » January 6th, 2014, 10:31 pm

That seems like a time-consuming bottle-neck to me. One Chaos Warrior would be enough--no group of Heroes is going to be dumb enough to somehow get stuck between the end two for more than a turn.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Beiren » January 9th, 2014, 4:11 pm

chaoticprime wrote:That seems like a time-consuming bottle-neck to me. One Chaos Warrior would be enough--no group of Heroes is going to be dumb enough to somehow get stuck between the end two for more than a turn.

I might alter it, but ofcourse the heroes doesn't need to defeat the 2 :chaoswarrior: on the side. Just the one in front en through the exit.

Quest 4 is finished
Beiren

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Beiren » January 11th, 2014, 6:40 pm

Quest 5: The Great Escape?
By rescueing these warriors you have stopped Lisrex plans and have gained some powerfull allies. Find your way to the spiral stairway and escape frome these dungeons. But watch out, because I feel danger lurking around.

A: These 4 orcs are from stone and can't be harmed untill Fanrax apears on the throne. When Fanrax has passed the orcs are alive and have the following stats: 8MV; 3AD, 3DD, 1BP and 2MP (same as the basic orc but with 3 defensive dice instead of 2)
B: The first at Zargons turn that there is a hero in this room, Fanrax apears. Place Fanrax before the throne and read the next text aloud for the heroes:
"I have fooled you all. The warriors that you thought you rescued are not the real warriors. The real ones have already contributed to my cause. These 4 campagnions of you are minions of mine. This time it will be you heroes who will lose."
After this Fanrax can attack once and dissapears through to secret door and is taken from the board. The 4 mercenaries are now on Zargons Side. All lifes that they have lost were fake. So they have their stats fully back. Mercenaries that have died in the previous quest come through the starting door.
C: This chest contains 120 gold
D: The spiral stairway leads to the exit.

Wandering monster: 2 skeleton
Beiren

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Beiren » January 17th, 2014, 7:01 pm

Quest 6: Fanrax calling ancient powers
My dear friends. Fanrax has dubbelcrossed us, making us search for warriors that he already absorbed. He has many of his former powers back and as a necromancer he is ressurecting his army. I have felt a great power from long ago that has revived. It was Galoth who lived long ago. He was one of the first threats to the kingdom. Even before there was Zargon and his dark powers. I still was a young wizard back then, buth remember the batlle against Galoth lively. Whatever we trew at him, weapons or spells, nothing seemed to harm him. It was only when we could surround him that we were able to defeat him. So make shure that you do not confront him on your own. Because he is to powerfull. As an ally, he is inpredictable, but he is propably gratefull that he has been revived. So expect him to fight on Fanrax side.

A: This chest has a trap on it. If the rom is not searched for traps, it will cause 2 damage to the hero opening the chest. The chest is empty.
B: If someone opens this chest before searching for treasure, a poison needle will shoot out and the hero opening the chest will lose one life. The chest contains 2 scrolls that may be randomly drawn.
C: The Gargoyl is Galoth and has the following stats: 7MV; 5AD; 8DD; 5MP; 2BP.
He can only be harmed when he is surrounded by 4 persons. But do not tell the heroes that, because they should have heard this in the starting text. When surrounded he is still imune to all spells.
Galoth is fearless and will never seek corners or walls to have a side covered. This way, it is always possible to surround him. THe Chaos Warriors in the room should always try to cover at least one side of Galoth, making it difficult to surround Galoth.
D: This trap stays here forever. THe heroes can leave trough here, but the can not go from the spiral stairway to the center room through this way.

Wandering monster 1 skeleton and 1 zombie
Last edited by Beiren on January 23rd, 2014, 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beiren

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » January 18th, 2014, 10:57 am

Nice work! How many do you think you'll make in this pack?

I see you like using as much furniture as you can. So do I to be honest, but make sure you have an enlarged board or it might get cluttered real quick.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Beiren » January 18th, 2014, 4:18 pm

Sjeng wrote:Nice work! How many do you think you'll make in this pack?

I see you like using as much furniture as you can. So do I to be honest, but make sure you have an enlarged board or it might get cluttered real quick.

I worked someyhing out in my head, and it is going to be about 18 quests.
I hope everybody will add his :2cents: to this pack. I make a lot of typo's and other errors, so I will need all your help.

I'm going to add a summary of the story in the first post, so you can see were the story is going.
Beiren

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Work In Process[Quest Pack][? Quests] - Old Enemies

Postby Beiren » January 18th, 2014, 5:29 pm

Quest 7: Defending the crypt
Fanrax xill try to resurrect Zanrath and Boroush. So act fast and get there before his forces are there. And give his forces a warm welcome.

A: These 3 doors are locked. After that the heroes have found the Crypt (E), these doors will open on Zargons turn. All furniture and monsters in this room are placed on the board. All monsters can move on Zargons turn.
B: These 6 doors are locked. After that all the monsters that appeared at the opening of the doors marked A are killed, all 6 doors will open on Zarongs next turn and the monsters can attack.
C: The 8 doors are locked. After all monsters that appeared at the opening of the doors marked B are killed, all 8 doors will open on Zargons next turn and the furniture and monsters are placed on the board. The monsters can attack normally.
D: Every monster, that appeared when opening the doors marked C, that gets killed will reappear at any square marked D. This way there is an infinite amount of monsters to be slain. The first time a monster reappears, read the following text aloud. As it is Mentor who speaks to his heroes.
" My dear friends, the forces that are swarming this crypt are to numerous. It is better to leave now and live to fight another day. I have opened a secret way to the stairs. You will have to fight you way trhough the undead and get past the wizards table."
Open the secret door at G.
E: When any player in this room searches for treasure, tell the players this is the crypt of Zanrath and Boroush. Also tell them it is so firmly closed that it will take some time to open.
F: This chest contains a poisonous gas that knocks everybody in the room unconsious for 1 turn. It will go of if opened without searching for traps. After it has gone of it is Zargons turn to play. The chest contains 2 gems wurth 100gold each.
G: This secret door cannot be found. It will open when Mentor opens it.
H: This zombie is studying the books carefully. It is not hostile towards the heroes. But will attack if he is attacked, he will remain at the desk to study the books. His stats are the following 4MV, 2AD, 5DD, 1MP, 10BP.

Wandering monster: Fimir
Last edited by Beiren on July 31st, 2014, 3:42 am, edited 4 times in total.
Beiren

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Beiren » January 20th, 2014, 5:37 pm

Quest 8: The Magical Maze
The forces of Chaos are extreme powerfull. We could not defend the crypts of Zanrath and Boroush against the seemingly infinite hordes of greenskin and undead creatures. Those two combined with chaos forces are to much to overcome. I also have used all my magic skills to search the land to see were they have taken the bodies of Zanrath and Boroush. But I can not find them. So in the future we will have to deal with both sorcerers also once again. But I also have some good news. Akaroth has contacted me shortly after the dailure in defending the crypt. it seems that there is a break-up between the greenskins and the undead forces. Akaroth is willing to take us to the heart of the undead forces using a small road that he only knows. But before we can do this, we will have to reach him and cross the magical maze. This is the fastest way to reach him, but many have try to cross it and got lost in it.

All orcs is this quest are banished orcs. Because they are furious for being banished, they may roll one extra dice in offence.
All doors that are placed in the centre of a room are magical doors. When somebody enters a door, they will leave at another door. They can continue their movement normally. Do not tell the heroes how it works, only place the figure to the place according the text below.
A: If you enter through this side of the door you will leave at C.
B: If you enter through this side of the door you will leave at D.
C: If you enter through this side of the door you will leave at E.
D: If you enter through this side of the door you will leave at G.
E: If you enter through this side of the door you will leave at D.
F: If you enter through this side of the door you will leave at I.
G: If you enter through this side of the door you will leave at C.
H: If you enter through this side of the door you will leave at J.
I: If you enter through this side of the door you will leave at K.
J: If you enter through this side of the door you will leave at K.
K: If you enter through this side of the door you will leave at E.
L: If you enter through this side of the door you will leave at M.
M: If you enter through this side of the door you will leave at G.
All chests are trapped with poisonous darts. If the chests are opened before searching for traps, the hero opening the chest will roll 2 dice and will lose a life for each skull roled. The chests contains 75 gold.

Wandering monster: 2 banished orcs.
Beiren

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Beiren » January 29th, 2014, 5:28 pm

Quest 9: Searching Fanrax
We have meet up with Akaroth and he has agreed to show us the hideout of Fanrax and his compagnions. It seems that Akaroth and Lisrex had a deal, but something happened and now greenskin and undead have broken their alliance. This is the best moment to catch that wicked Fanrax once and for all. Try to protect Akaroth on your yourney. He knows the way and should warn us for the dangers. But make shure you always keep an aye on him, because he has tricked us once. He has lea us safely trough greenskin area, but now undead area awaits us. It is time to fight our way through.

Akaroth will join the heroes on this yourney. After that the heroes have moved, one of the players may move Akaroth. Akaroth does not search for traps or treasure. He can attack and defend and has following stats (....)

A: All these spear traps are known by Akaroth. If a players opens a door with a spear trap behind it, while Akaroth is in the same room as that player. The spear trap wont go off because Akaroth has warned them.
B: This chest contains 50gold and a potion restoring up to 4 lives.
C: This chest contains 150gold
D: This chest contains 2 rubies worth 50 gold each. But when you open the chest, the 5 pit traps in the room are activated. When searching for traps, this mechanism can not be found.
E: This fireburst trap works as usual, but when fireburst trap E is activated the door at G will slam shut forever and the fireburst trap at F will also be activated.
F: This fireburst trap will only be activated when fireburst trap E will be activated. Only place the token when trap E is activated.
G: This door will slam shut when fireburst trap E is activated. After that trap E and F are bot exploded or are disarmed the secret door at G can be found.

Wandering monster: 2 mummies
Beiren

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Quests and Quest Packs