• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

DiabloQuest

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: DiabloQuest

Postby Goblin-King » September 23rd, 2013, 1:32 am

I often think about making a program for the laptop or even a phone app to replace random elements.
Treasure cards, random generated equipment... stuff like that. It would be smart and relatively easy to make.

But then it always strikes me as kinda silly to have to bring a computer to a boardgame. Why not just play a video game then?
Oh well...

I would like to make a "scanner" app for space crusade though. That thing in the real game is huuuuge! It barely fits in the box!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby IvenBach » September 23rd, 2013, 1:51 am

Item drops would get tedious since it was already included in Diablo. It fits in the HQ style but makes for a lot of rolling. Maybe just have them drop the gold instead of the items since the items were inevitably turned back into gold. But does that take away from the 'mood' of the game? Instead of dropping gold they drop an item that's sold for the gold.

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby chaoticprime » September 23rd, 2013, 1:58 am

Years of being a DM has taught me that players love rolling for treasure more than actually receiving any.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby jeffmoore » September 23rd, 2013, 10:22 am

chaoticprime wrote:Also, here is the first of a probable many new images I'll be adding to the Gallery here, inspired by this thread: gallery/image_page.php?album_id=5&image_id=802

These are wonderful!! I've also begun thinking about changing everything from random tables to cards.

chaoticprime wrote:Years of being a DM has taught me that players love rolling for treasure more than actually receiving any.

LOL ... yeah, I don't actually see the "roll for treasure" thing being a hindrance.

Jeff
jeffmoore

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:

Postby el_flesh » September 23rd, 2013, 11:35 am

um....it was a JOKE guys. Kind of stupid to REmake Diablo...
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby chaoticprime » September 23rd, 2013, 2:05 pm

el_flesh wrote:um....it was a JOKE guys. Kind of stupid to REmake Diablo...

What? Didn't you see me laughing?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Usergroups:

Postby chaoticprime » September 23rd, 2013, 2:06 pm

jeffmoore wrote:
chaoticprime wrote:Also, here is the first of a probable many new images I'll be adding to the Gallery here, inspired by this thread: gallery/image_page.php?album_id=5&image_id=802

These are wonderful!! I've also begun thinking about changing everything from random tables to cards.

chaoticprime wrote:Years of being a DM has taught me that players love rolling for treasure more than actually receiving any.

LOL ... yeah, I don't actually see the "roll for treasure" thing being a hindrance.

Jeff

I'd be all over multiple draw-decks of as few as four or five cards. Talisman uses over a dozen of those.

Rewards:
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Usergroups:

Postby el_flesh » October 13th, 2013, 12:05 am

More refined:

NECROMANCER: Starting body: 5 Starting Mind: 7
Starts with a Dagger and a Cloak. Tome of Raise Skeleton lev 1. (raises only 1, identical to this maze's skels) Needs a dead monster to raise the 1 Skel. Nec can absorb 1 monster blood to recharge his own life level by only 1 - this is his special class skill. This can be done through his minions. Blood Golem gives extra life transfer above this.
While the Nec can use Sorcerer's Tomes, he prefers Nec Tomes of course. Sorcs generally eschew Nec Tomes in turn. But a player who wants to make a hybrid can do so!
1: Raise Skeleton mind req of 7; identical to maze's skels; 1D6 roll of 5or6 spawns w/shield +1 def. cost 1 blood
2: Raise Skeletal Wizard mind req of 9; shoots purely elemental bolt 2AD; roll D4 for type when raised. 1= hit+2 fire dmg; 2= hit +ice (freeze 1 turn); 3= hit +poison (+1 dmg next TWO turns; stacks); 4= hit+1 lightning dmg & +1 more leaps to nearest enemy . Move & life of wiz = -1 less than skel for this level (min of 1 life); only 1 Def die. cost 2 blood
3: Rock Golem mind req of 10; (stone skin equivalent) 4AD 4DD; hit points = 7; when hits slows enemy = 1/2 value of move/attack/def next turn; non-stacking. moves 5 squares per turn. cost 3 blood Only 1 Golem at any time.
4: Poison Dagger mind req of 6; hit +1 elemental poison dmg to dagger's regular attack. Second turn, creature loses 1 more body. cost 1 blood; lasts until successful hit. All Poison dmg stacks.
5: Bone Armor mind req of 7; -1 to dmg when hit; spell is then used and must be re-cast. cost 1 blood
6: Bone Wall mind req of 6; up to 3 squares of Wall is created up to 6 squares away. Can absorb 3 dmg before collapsing. cost 1 blood
7: Amplify Damage mind req of 8; successful hit = double damage AFTER defense is calculated ex: 3 skulls, 2 def = 2 dmg. 3 skulls 3 def = 0 dmg. cost 2 blood to cast before attack; lasts until all heroes are finished attacking.
8: Teeth mind req of 6; 2 teeth 1AD each but hits cannot be defended, Always hits (DM can insist on crit fail check), can hit 2 adjacent targets but not 2 hits on 1. 2 blood
9: Skeleton Mastery mind req of 7; +1AD +1 DD +1 life for skeletons, skel wizs, and revives. 1 blood to arm in town.
10: Golem Mastery mind req of 12; +1AD +1 DD +1 life for golems. Add 2 to Golem's move. 1 blood to arm in town.
11: Blood Golem mind req of 11; 3AD 2DD; hit points = 5; all successful hits replenish its life 50% of dmg dealt and replenish Necromancer 50% of dmg dealt - but damage to golem is split between itself and Necromancer! 1 odd point fills lowest, damages highest life; but next time must be other symbiote! Moves 8 squares per turn; needs a body to raise, costs Necromancer 2 BODY to raise. No blood cost. Only 1 Golem at any time.
12: Bone Spirit mind req of 12; always hits target 4 dmg, hits cannot be defended (DM can insist on crit fail check); blind cast: hits first enemy encountered. Range of 9 squares even around any number of corners and through open doors. 3 blood to cast.
13. Steel Golem mind req of 12; 4AD 4DD; hit points=6; it takes the properties of metallic object used to raise it: armor = +1 life; shield = +1 defense, weapon = +1 attack. Takes additional properties of Artifacts if used to raise. Moves 6 per turn. cost 3 blood Only 1 Golem at any time.
14. Revive mind req of 12; fallen enemy creature or HERO is undead for 2 turns. Any leftover spells it has can be used. Does not work on crumbled ROCK Gargoyles, empty Chaos armor or Lich/skeletal bodies. cost 3 blood
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby chaoticprime » October 17th, 2013, 11:09 am

Rewards:
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Usergroups:

Postby IvenBach » October 17th, 2013, 3:25 pm

It seems I'm not the only one that was thinking about doing something like this. The first time I saw this thread I instantly thought about making hordes of fallen to throw at the heroes. Good stuff!

Any updates on the quest progress portion? I'm hungry to see more!

Rewards:
Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
IvenBach
The NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!!!

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Quests and Quest Packs