• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Quest Pack] The Scourge of St. Mordin

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

[Quest Pack] The Scourge of St. Mordin

Postby mikemacdee » May 24th, 2013, 9:41 pm

Download it here!

"The secretive St. Mordin monks hid the Tablets somewhere within the abbey walls, along with many other secrets, some of a nightmarish nature. When you have found the tablets, return to the stairway and consider the Quest won. But can it truly be a victory if the Scourge yet lives? The sun still shines, though timidly, and it will be many hours before sundown. The beast will sleep in the meantime: truly there is no better time to end its existence…if you are brave enough to try…”

I consider Scourge my best single Quest. The heroes must find the Tablets stowed away in a dilapidated abbey, where lurks a vampire that has been plaguing the locals for ages. The heroes have the option to snatch the Tablets and escape, or kill the vampire as well: both tasks present their own unique challenges. I tested this with my group and the nasty surprises this Quest contains left them scared out of their wits ’til the last die was rolled. I thought if I made a proper entry for it here, it might get more exposure.

This Quest requires only the base game, and it is a perfect challenge for two new heroes; though with some extra monsters added to the mix, heroes of any ilk should be able to enjoy it.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game.
mikemacdee

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: [Quest Pack] The Scourge of St. Mordin

Postby Sjeng » May 25th, 2013, 2:48 am

Downloading all your quests, but I won't be playing them soon, as we are following the campaign and we are now halfway RotWL. They sound very interesting!
A shame they're in US format though... I'll have to see how I can print them in portrait layout.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: [Quest Pack] The Scourge of St. Mordin

Postby mikemacdee » May 26th, 2013, 4:24 am

I dunno if I'd recommend printing them in portrait format, as the maps would be cut in half or shrunk to unreadable size. Hope your group gets a kick out of 'em though, and when you do get around to playing them, share the experience in the forums!

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game.
mikemacdee

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Return to Quests and Quest Packs