• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Quest Pack][3 Quests] The Werewolf's Curse

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

[Quest Pack][3 Quests] The Werewolf's Curse

Postby torilen » Wednesday March 20th, 2013 9:00am

IT IS FINISHED! I got the issues fixed, and took care of spelling errors and grammar mistakes (I am pretty sure).
Hope everyone likes it.

Here is the intro for the players:
The son of Bartholomew, a local, well respected farmer, was recently attacked by a ferocious, feral goblin in the woods near the village of Edrisville. During the attack, the goblin bit the boy. Shortly after returning to the village to be patched and bandaged, the boy turned into a werewolf. The transformation is intermittent, and during a lucid moment he decided to hide himself in the burial tunnels beneath the village church. The chaotic aura around him has awakened the dead buried there, causing them to rise, walk, and kill.

Normally, a Wolfsbane Potion is more than enough to cure an infected individual from the Curse of Lycanthropy. This has been tried, and it has failed. This appears to be an exceptionally strong curse, or a very blessed curse, blessed by Chaos. Bartholomew and the village elders would like to try one other option before giving up on the boy. It is a somewhat common knowledge that if the chain of the Curse of Lycanthropy is broken (that is, the infector is killed), then those who have turned into were-creatures will no longer be cursed. Working under that line of thought, Bartholomew seeks to enlist a group of heroes who can kill the goblin who attacked his son, then his son should be human once again. The elders of the village have made a point to explain to you that the chain of the curse can be broken anywhere along the chain.

The villagers have pooled their money to purchase a spell scroll bearing the spell New Moon. This will turn the boy back into a human for a short time, so that he might tell you where to find the goblin that attacked him. Bartholomew greatly desires to have his son back in one piece, and the village offers you each 200 gold if this curse can be lifted from the boy, if the boy still lives.

It has a couple of fun twists, and the third quest has a neat trick - kind of stole an idea from someone else's
quest - just changed it a little to make it my own.
Any how, enjoy, and as always - let me know what you think.

werewolfs curse.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by torilen on Saturday March 30th, 2013 4:51pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: [Quest Pack][3 Quests] The Werewolf's Curse

Postby Sjeng » Wednesday March 20th, 2013 1:04pm

looks good, but some questions: (I'm not very familiar with all your houserules and expansions, so forgive me if some questions seem obvious)

1. quest 1: Where do you start/enter the map? So the goal is to simply kill all undead? Then you win? What happens with Adrias? What happens if he attacks you and bites you? How do you know if he's in human or werewolf (hybrid?) form?
2. quest 2: again, what is the goal here? kill all goblins? interrogate the boss? how does one do that?
3. quest 3: again, what is the goal here? point C has a typo.

Interesting story!

RPG Gateway Die Roller's 100

Uncle Zargon
Wants YOU!

HeroQuest YeOldeInn

Image Image Image Image

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby torilen » Wednesday March 20th, 2013 4:17pm

Good questions.
Quest one - You enter in the door of the church. Don't you see the door. Come on...its right there. Oh wait...no its not. I'll fix that.
Quest one - It says Adrias is in his hybrid form.
Quest one - the goal is to try and find out where the goblin is without killing Adrias, if possible. I'll try to make that more clear.
.....once you find out where the goblin is, you can leave - he will still be cursed until the chain is broken - nothing you can do about that
.....really.
Quest one - if he bites you - actually, I thought about that, and wasn't sure what to do. At this moment, it works just as the normal
.....werewolf curse from the elf quest - the hero then has to roll each turn to see if he changes or not.

**You know...thinking this through - this quest doesn't really work with the wolfsbane potion out there - what if the heroes have one of
those from a previous quest? Man...this sucks - all that work down the drain.

Any how.

Quest two - if you have to kill the goblins, so be it. If they will talk to you, then that is fine, too. The ultimate goal of the quest pack is
to break the chain and cure Adrias from being cursed. If you have to kill the goblin that attacked him to do that, okay. If the goblins will
talk to you, though, then the heroes find out that the satyr changed him, and they can go kill the satyr and the faerie that is "controlling"
it. I tried to make that clear, without coming right out and saying it.
.....As far as how to do that. The players would have to come up with a really persuasive argument before entering the manor so that,
before the goblins start fighting, they'll stop and listen. It is up to the evil wizard to decide if they're argument is good enough. This is
a purely role-playing scenario up to the moment the fighting starts. More than likely, once a hero kills a goblin, all bets are off.

Quest three - pretty much, kill the faerie, kill the satyr. Killing the satyr will break the chain of the curse, and Adrias will be free and be
human again.

As I mention in the Ending the Game section - should the heroes manage to do this without killing the goblin - there could be a chance for
a future meeting - good or bad. That would be up to the evil wizard. Perhaps the goblin goes with them on some quests - he is in their
debt now.

And I'll be sure to fix the typo - I had been up for many hours when typing that part - it was one of the last things I finished up for this
quest pack (I usually do all the treasures found last). Thanks for letting me know.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » Wednesday March 20th, 2013 4:51pm

no problem :)
I see what you meant to do now story-wise. I think the werewolf thing can be fixed. Just let Morcar control Adrias in hybrid form (I take it that by "hybrid" you mean he's a werewolf? Hybrid usually means a cross between two species, so I guess being a human-wolf counts as being hybrid, but personally I'd simply say he's in werewolf form right now) and have him cower away from the heroes, unless they attack first. If they see he doesn't immediately attack, they might try and talk to him.
The werewolf cure potion might simply be expired at the beginning of this quest if any hero should still have one ;) just say it's started to foam and smell foul. If they still use it, it has no effect except from a mild nausea, costing them 1 movement die roll once or something.

In quest two though, I think any hero would immediately attack a goblin on sight. Especially Dwarves, lore-wise. So perhaps a little more backstory about this particular tribe of goblins, being less agressive than regular goblins might help?

Uncle Zargon
Wants YOU!

HeroQuest YeOldeInn

Image Image Image Image

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby torilen » Wednesday March 20th, 2013 5:03pm

I took care of the wolfsbane potion problem shortly after I posted my last comment. Morcar takes special notice of the
faerie and his work...which is why he has authority over were-creatures. This particular curse is exceptionally strong
and wolfsbane won't work on it. I'll explain this in the intro to the players.

As far as the goblins - I'll try to work on that. You do have a point - even if the other heroes don't, the dwarf
probably would immediately attack, just because of culture.

Rewards:
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby torilen » Saturday March 30th, 2013 4:53pm

Okay - feel free to download this quest pack. I see that some already had.
Hope it is not too much of an inconvenience. I have fixed any problems, as far as
I know...so this should be the last time you'll need to download it.

As always, let me know what you think.

Rewards:
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » Sunday March 31st, 2013 4:49am

Got it again, thanks for updating it!

Uncle Zargon
Wants YOU!

HeroQuest YeOldeInn

Image Image Image Image

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby torilen » Sunday March 31st, 2013 8:13am

Before anyone says anything - I know there is still a grammar mistake in Quest 3, letter C.
I thought I had fixed it. That's what happens when you try proofing something while a three-
year old is running around and a one year old is whining because mama won't pick her up,
because mama is trying to get something to drink. Meanwhile, you just remembered you
have to go to the store to get more diapers for the one year old.

(sigh)

Oh well - I think it is just that one mistake. I won't re-post for now.

Rewards:
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:

Return to Quests and Quest Packs