• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Quest Pack] [14 Quests] - Rise of the Chaos God

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: [Quest Pack] [14 Quests] - Rise of the Chaos God

Postby The Admiral » January 26th, 2019, 2:12 pm

lestodante wrote:Do Japanese use the USA or EUR monsters stats?

The Chaos Warrior (called a “Dark Warrior”) and the Gargoyle each have 2BP's. To defeat a monster with 2BP's a Hero must inflict 2 damage in one attack. Any less and the monster’s BP will be restored on the next Hero’s turn. All other monsters have 1BP as per EU rules.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Nobunga » February 10th, 2019, 9:06 pm

Hey. Long time Zargon-Player. I'm only just now discovering this forum.

Is there a link to this quest pack that is functional. The one in original post doesn't work.
Nobunga

Forum Language: English (United States)

Postby j_dean80 » February 10th, 2019, 9:36 pm

Nobunga wrote:Hey. Long time Zargon-Player. I'm only just now discovering this forum.

Is there a link to this quest pack that is functional. The one in original post doesn't work.

It works for me on IOS and Windows.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby wallydubbs » February 11th, 2019, 8:58 am

Nobunga wrote:Hey. Long time Zargon-Player. I'm only just now discovering this forum.

Does this not work for you, Nobunga? http://www.mediafire.com/view/r42oyu2qy ... est_Book(2

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby wallydubbs » February 11th, 2019, 12:26 pm

knightkrawler wrote:That sounds interesting. Let us know how it goes, cause writing solo quests is waaaaaay harder that writing group quests.
There might be solo quest gems in there.

I ran through the first couple of quests with the Barbarian and the Dwarf separately going solo. I should add that I added Sjeng's equipment cards, allowing dual weilding weapons, which I thought would be a great help for a solo quest. There were also artifacts from various expansion packs I added. The hero would start out with base parameters and build their way up. The character would NOT be the same as the one they normally played in group quests, to avoid carrying equipment over between between 2 campaigns.
Example:
My girlfriend usually plays as the Elf in a group quest, she can pick the elf for these, but not the same Elf, using acquired equipment.
I did this because a certain weapon would be required to defeat the Chaos God that the hero may already have from a previous quest, just as I could use extra artifact cards to bring into this game.

It's very difficult to trick a hero on solo quests, if they're careful, like my girlfriend, she'll take her time with searches: kill the monster, end turn, search for traps, end turn, search for treasure, end turn, search for secret doors, move, end turn. In group quests heroes will often try to make the best of their turns, usually forgetting to search for traps or secret doors.
This careful tactic of searching would become a hindrance in Valor Valley.

Trial of White Mountain is a quest that really can't stand alone for a solo player, I'll probably end up changing that quest altogether.

Certain artifacts are also only available for certain characters; so it would be irrelevantly foolish to include the Wizard's Cloak in a series of solo quests being played by the Barbarian. So depending which hero is playing the artifact rewards will very.

The gold in each quest will need to change or the single hero will max out too quickly.
I'm also playing this with a Treasure deck consisting of 42 cards, swapping a Potion of Magic Resistance for Potion of Magical Aptitude or Elven Cloak of Passage, depending on which character is playing.
My Treasure deck includes:
6 Wandering monsters, 5 hazards, 3 poisons, 2 magical traps, 3 Potions of Healing, 1 Heroic brew, 1 Strength, 1 Defense, 2 potions of warmth, 1 air walk, 2 or 3 Magic Resistance (Magical Aptitude, Elven Cloak depending), 1 Holy Water, 8 gold, 2 gems, 2 jewels, 1 Treasure Hoard.

I'm thinking of adding Orc's Bane on the Weapons Rack in Ruins of Way if the Elf or Dwarf play. A shield for the Barbarian, and Trance's Rapier (artifact made by drathe) if the Wizard plays.

Let me know what you think so far... I wish HeroScribe worked on my computer, I could make a better presentation of this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Usergroups:

Postby j_dean80 » February 11th, 2019, 3:31 pm

I'm making a run through this Pack right now with my kids. My son has new Heroes as he just started playing so wanted something easy.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Nobunga » February 12th, 2019, 11:01 am

wallydubbs wrote:

Does this not work for you, Nobunga? http://www.mediafire.com/view/r42oyu2qy ... est_Book(2

That link DID work for me. Thank you.
Nobunga

Postby wallydubbs » February 12th, 2019, 2:02 pm

I tried the first 3 quests going solo with the Wizard, and it's doable as long as you allow dual weilding.
As noted above, I added a dagger on the weapons rack in Summoning of Strength. I used Darkness, Detection and Water spells on the first quest. Veil of Mist and Cloak of Darkness were the only spells I didn't need.
In Fortress of Digos I used Darkness, Earth and Fire spells, I ended up using them all but Fire of Wrath.
For the third Quest, Fortress of Pain, I bought Bracers for the Wizard, went in with Darkness, Earth and Water spells, storing Rock Skin in the spell Ring. Unfortunately I got a Poison (mind point) card from the Treasure deck and lost my Water spells. But I managed to prevail with the wizard, hiding Princess Miku in the Cloak of Darkness, using Pass Through Rock to get behind the monsters and finishing the Fimir with Arrows on the Night.

Rewards:
wallydubbs

Halberdier
Halberdier

Usergroups:

Postby Kurgan » February 24th, 2019, 12:32 am

I've been spending more and more time on this site lately (having gotten back into HQ in the last year by chance). I didn't know all this wonderful work had been done on this little-known (to Western eyes) version of HQ. 14 new quests to discover! Wow... I'm really excited to try them out. Great work everyone!

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » February 24th, 2019, 1:46 am

Kurgan wrote:I've been spending more and more time on this site lately (having gotten back into HQ in the last year by chance). I didn't know all this wonderful work had been done on this little-known (to Western eyes) version of HQ. 14 new quests to discover! Wow... I'm really excited to try them out. Great work everyone!

...and welcome on board to you!
Have fun sifting through all the other material we've revisited, produced, written, crafted, and modded.
|_P
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Quests and Quest Packs