[Quest Pack] [14 Quests] - Rise of the Chaos God

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: [Quest Pack] [14 Quests] - Rise of the Chaos God

Postby Daedalus » Thursday November 3rd, 2016 5:31pm

I couldn't't get the Artifact Cards to open for download from the OP. An image is linked here and added to the OP.
________
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS YOU

VOTE NOW!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby The Admiral » Saturday May 27th, 2017 6:30am

drathe wrote:I'm pretty sure the temple is a between quests thing. Each Hero/character can be revived once. If they die again a new Hero from scratch must be created. With the talisman however, they may be revived more than once, but lose their gold. Gold is needed to level up in the Japanese version. It's quite similar to how a lot of their video game RPGs handle hero deaths. HeroQuest in Japan was changed to be more like an RPG. Which is why it says RPG on the cover of their box.

This is the most coherent and sensible interpretation of the Talisman of Lore that I have read so far. If I actually ever played this with the Japanese rules, this is how I would use it, but as some of their rules are downright ridiculous, that won't ever happen!
The Admiral

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » Sunday July 23rd, 2017 3:57pm

Anyone have this? The link doesn't seem to work anymore. I tried on my phone and computer and neither will download it.
Blood - Good to the last drop
j_dean80

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » Thursday August 31st, 2017 4:50pm

Hmm. It just downloaded for me using Android.
________
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS YOU

VOTE NOW!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Yeti
Yeti

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Charlie82 » Sunday September 10th, 2017 9:49am

Thanks to all who put this together. I played it through with two heroes (a barbarian and dwarf), and it balanced quite nicely. I just had to have the Freeze Bow (Frost Bow on the card) as a weapon for anyone, not just the elf. There were some very close calls, but I never got a double-kill wipeout. I did make a single kill in Fortress of Pain, Valor Valley and Star Lake.
I did discover an issue on the Final Battle: Quest 14. There must be a doorway missing on the map, because there is no way into three of the rooms including the empty tomb.
Charlie82

Goblin
Goblin

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Postby j_dean80 » Sunday September 10th, 2017 3:12pm

Daedalus wrote:Hmm. It just downloaded for me using Android.

Seems to be working now. Maybe the site was doing maintenance.
Blood - Good to the last drop
j_dean80

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » Thursday September 21st, 2017 2:42pm

Charlie82 wrote:I did discover an issue on the Final Battle: Quest 14. There must be a doorway missing on the map, because there is no way into three of the rooms including the empty tomb.

Good catch. The original Quest 14 of the Japanese map placed a door in the middle E-W corridor, just before the blocked square tile leading into the mummy room. The door and blocked square were both new construction. (The corresponding Quest 5 Japanese map originally had the door placed right before the mummy in the inner corridor, while a blocked square separated the middle and outer corridors instead.)

This basically mimics the new construction of the same tomb area found in the EU and NA Quests 12 and 14. The main difference is the Japanese Quest 14 added in the blocked square separating the middle and inner corridors, while the EU and NA Quests kept that junction open.
________
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS YOU

VOTE NOW!

Rewards:
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Yeti
Yeti

Usergroups:

Postby Spookyhappyfun » Wednesday October 25th, 2017 4:12pm

It's a little late, but I just discovered something. In Quest 5 it mentions a riddle in a note that the Heroes found in Pain. That should actually read Way since the riddle was found in Quest 4, Ruins of Way, and not in Quest 3, Fortress of Pain.

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby kboleen » Tuesday October 31st, 2017 9:16am

Terrific. It's always wonderful to come upon new adventures.
kboleen

Goblin
Goblin

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby jasonsbrown » Friday November 3rd, 2017 7:54pm

This is great! Thanks for all the hard work on this!
jasonsbrown

Hero:

PreviousNext

Return to Quests and Quest Packs