• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Quest Pack] [14 Quests] - Rise of the Chaos God

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: [Quest Pack] [14 Quests] - Rise of the Chaos God

Postby Sjeng » June 29th, 2013, 2:36 am

bastianbux wrote:
Patroclus wrote:Bastianbux you did a great job. I’ve tried to make a booklet from your images but you have 17 images and the number of images for a booklet should be divisible by 4. So this means you must add 3 more pages or I have to add 3 blank pages :?

Ah. I will see what I can do to fix that. I suppose I could put the new Artifact cards on one of those pages? I'm not sure what to do about the other pages. Any suggestions?

1 page for the cards, 1 page with an empty map layout like in the original booklet perhaps? and a back cover image.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby bastianbux » July 9th, 2013, 5:24 pm

Quest 8:

Quest 9:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
bastianbux

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Derfel Link » July 20th, 2013, 2:00 am

Impressive work bastianbux, thanks for your time and work.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Derfel Link

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: Italiano
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby bastianbux » July 22nd, 2013, 8:43 pm

Alas, my laptop on which I had been working on this project is currently out of commission. The files are just fine, but the screen isn't so happy. :D So that has put a week or two block on my being able to finish this up, but I should get it to and back from the shop soon.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
bastianbux

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby chaoticprime » November 7th, 2013, 11:35 pm

Got a little Katsuya Terada Zelda artwork in.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby bastianbux » December 31st, 2013, 3:07 pm

Ooo, very nice, chaoticprime! That's always been one of my favorite pieces of art.

I really need to get on the ball and finish up the EU version, eh?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
bastianbux

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby LordZeke » December 31st, 2013, 4:01 pm

is NA version in a PDF somewhere?

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
LordZeke

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby bastianbux » January 2nd, 2014, 5:20 am

Not that I know of. Someone said they were going to put it into such a format but that it required the number of pages to be divisible by four, and they weren't. I suppose I could give it a try since I actually need to print this out before Saturday for myself as I will be running this quest pack starting Saturday, I think.

EDIT:
I'm working on the PDF right now, but I'm making some edits first. I found some typos and some terrible writing I need to fix. The intro is far too long and repetitive; I think I was just trying to fill the space without realizing it could simply be a bigger font or more empty space. :P

Also, when running the first quest last night, I realized the design could use a tiny edit: the Quest notes tells the Heroes to find the three treasures and kill Berag the Fimir... yet what is to prevent them from simply finding the treasures and leaving Berag alone? I feel like one of the treasures should be moved into his room so that he MUST be defeated in order to complete the quest... so I'm going to make that tiny edit.

Also, I don't really like the mechanic in the second Quest whereby a monster is defeated and then suddenly the fireplace crumbles to reveal a secret door; I don't understand how killing a monster would cause a fireplace to crumble, and I feel like in so doing it destroys the whole point of searching for secret doors, so I'm going to change it to having the secret door only being revealed when a hero searches for secret doors. I might look through the other quests and see if I feel any other changes should be made.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
bastianbux

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby bastianbux » January 9th, 2014, 7:19 pm

(PDFs now on the first page.)
Last edited by bastianbux on January 13th, 2014, 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
bastianbux

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » January 10th, 2014, 6:47 am

Ah, now I remember where I saw that Rod of Memory :D
I see you changed your description as well :P
I considered mind points too, but a 33% chance (5 or 6) on 6 dice is rather high in my opinion. Genie every turn? I'm keeping mine at 1 die, black shield only. 1/6 chance each turn is plenty!

Could you do me a huge favour please? I don't print booklets, I print A4 pages double sided. NA layout is fine with me, I'm playing NA rules anyway, but a PDF with a A4 layout would be appreciated. Just 1 map + notes on 1 page, vertical. Can you do that easily?
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Quests and Quest Packs