• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Alternative EU quest maps - in case all Heroes die...

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: Alternative EU quest maps - in case all Heroes die...

Postby Pancho » March 7th, 2018, 4:58 pm

Thanks for rescuing these Daedalus, I printed them off today and I'm sure they will be very useful.

I'm not completely sure if I understand the arcane process you used to bring back these images from the Underworld, but I'll try it sometime soon on one of the many other lost photobucket images that I'd love to see here at the Inn.

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Daedalus » March 7th, 2018, 5:47 pm

Go for it! If you remain hung up with the process, perhaps I'll work up a more detailed post in a fresh topic. We'd all love to see more images restored. It's a matter of which ones are valued/needed and the time to get it done. For my part, I'll occasionally make fixes as I deem worth the effort, though not through quoted text.

lestodante first brought up the idea. The X-mas miniature exchange now has nearly every original image restored.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby benvoliothefirst » October 15th, 2018, 10:16 am

Oh HELLO, EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR!

I had already done this myself once with my TPK in The Trial, and now after having slaughtered the unarmed and unarmored heroes in Legacy of the Orc Warlord, I'm definitely going to have a go at this. Thanks so much for the time and effort put in!

Will post playtest results after our next session in a month or so. Brilliant!

Is it safe to assume the quest notes are going to be compatible with the American rules?

EDIT: It appears that the re-uploaded images are smaller than the originals with the ugly photobucket watermarks. It's too bad, I almost want to put them into a Quest Book so I can have 'em all printed but they would need to be at least 300 DPI. Any chance the original poster could send out the XML files?
wickedmetal.blogspot.com <--I paint HeroQuest!
My players' monthly game results
Mods I Use:
Base Quests in four difficulty steps by Anderas
Random Events by Jacob Busby (pg.5)
Karlen's Circlet by AerynB/drathe/sajungzak
Heartfelt thanks to all of you who have worked to enrich the world of HeroQuest!
Goblin-King wrote:When life gives you lemons, squeeze those lemons into your eyes, enter a berserker rage and punch life in the face!

Rewards:
Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
benvoliothefirst

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Zenithfleet » October 30th, 2020, 5:56 am

benvoliothefirst wrote:Oh HELLO, EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR!

EDIT: It appears that the re-uploaded images are smaller than the originals with the ugly photobucket watermarks. It's too bad, I almost want to put them into a Quest Book so I can have 'em all printed but they would need to be at least 300 DPI. Any chance the original poster could send out the XML files?

Oh jeez, I'd forgotten all about these old variant maps. I made them all in a hurry (I think I was expecting to play some games that didn't end up happening), and never did get around to playtesting them. Thinking back, I was hobbled by not actually having a gameboard to test things on at the time...

I see Pancho tried a couple of them on his blog. Predictably my riff on Melar's Maze didn't live up to the original. But then again, what could?

I rummaged around in my files and discovered that I still have the old XML files and PNG images if anyone wants to tell me what I should do with them. I could compile them into a PDF or something.

Honestly, though, I should have done completely new layouts, rather than just moving the monsters and treasure around, Zelda Master Quest style...

Edit: Note that these were made for the European edition so you may need to tweak a few things if you're using the American rules.
Zenithfleet

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Pancho » October 30th, 2020, 6:05 am

Zenithfleet wrote:
benvoliothefirst wrote:Oh HELLO, EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR!

Oh jeez, I'd forgotten all about these old variant maps. I made them all in a hurry (I think I was expecting to play some games that didn't end up happening), and never did get around to playtesting them. Thinking back, I was hobbled by not actually having a gameboard to test things on at the time...

I see Pancho tried a couple of them on his blog. Predictably my riff on Melar's Maze didn't live up to the original. But then again, what could?

I’ve got a whole bunch of your variants printed off and they are amazing, thank you.

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Previous

Return to Quests and Quest Packs