• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

[Preview][Quest Pack][3 Quests] - Trials & Dark Deeds EU PDF

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

[Preview][Quest Pack][3 Quests] - Trials & Dark Deeds EU PDF

Postby Zenithfleet » March 16th, 2012, 8:21 am

UPDATE: Now in PDF format for easy download. Not as pretty as the ones drathe and Phoenix produce, but I only have Word and Acrobat to work from...

The two cards in the extra zip file are also included in my EU Quest Treasure packs, available in the Cards subforum.

*Original post below*

Trials, Dark Deeds and Terrors

Hi folks. My first time posting a Quest Pack online! Well, an un-playtested preview anyway.

These quests are pretty basic. I took a leaf out of drathe's book and revised three I originally created in my early teens. You only need the contents of the HeroQuest boxed game to play these, plus the two cards included in the download. They're in European (UK/Australian) format and intended for that ruleset, monochrome maps and all!

'Return to the Catacombs' - A simple kill-the-monster Quest set in the same lair as 'The Trial'.

'A Deal in the Dark' - A Fimir boss has a 'proposition' for the Heroes: they help him retrieve a valuable treasure from the cranky Undead next door, and he'll let them leave alive...
This Quest provides an opportunity for EU players to obtain the Spell Ring (a Quest Treasure adapted from the North American edition of the game)... OR DOES IT?

'Don't Look Back'
- A jailbreak Quest in which the Heroes would be wise to choose flight over fight, hurriedly locking doors behind them to slow down the unstoppable tide of alerted monsters.

The three quests are loosely connected by a trio of special characters, but can easily be played as one-offs. I'd say they're best played during the second half of the EU basic questbook or right afterwards.

It's been a while since I had the chance to play HeroQuest, so I haven't had any opportunity to playtest these. EU players, if you feel like giving them a go or just commenting on them, I'd really appreciate it. Constructive criticism is most welcome. :)

I used Big Bene's Questbook.doc to format them, HeroScribe to make the maps, and Adobe Acrobat to turn them into an (amateurish) PDF.

If anyone wants to adapt them to the North American ruleset, I can provide the text and HeroScribe XMLs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Zenithfleet on March 20th, 2012, 9:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Zenithfleet

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: [Preview][Quest Pack][3 Quests] - Trials, Dark Deeds (EU

Postby drathe » March 16th, 2012, 12:32 pm

Zenithfleet wrote:but am a bit confused about what BBcode involves.

Thanks for pointing that out. The guidelines were written before we initiated the attachment function for Champion members. I'll have to amend the guidelines a bit to say, "BBcode, or attach".

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Re: [Preview][Quest Pack][3 Quests] - Trials & Dark Deeds EU

Postby Phoenix » March 23rd, 2012, 10:17 pm

I'm always interested in Quests. The more the merrier I say. Feel free to shoot me what you've got (any/all will make it faster in the long run...).

Currently in the middle of translating some Portuguese Quests atm, but will always add more Quests to my plate...

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Return to Quests and Quest Packs