• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Legacy of Sorasil quest pack?

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: Legacy of Sorasil quest pack?

Postby Goblin-King » October 4th, 2012, 1:16 pm

Nephew of Mentor wrote:Goblin King, I saw some of your artifact and item art just now and it looks awesome! Would you mind if I use them for Sorasil items and other quests?

drathe wrote:All art posted in the Gallery is free to use by community members for their HeroQuest projects.

But you do indeed have my additional blessing! :D
Also feel free to ask if you need an extra drawing or two. Maybe I can find some time.

Which remind me... I think I promised some one a drawing... Can't remember who, what or which thread :oops:
I AM very forgetful! Someone give me a poke!

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Nephew of Mentor » October 4th, 2012, 5:03 pm

I actually have most of LVL 8 finished(I skipped ahead). I just need to place the monsters. What is a good rule of thumb to ensure you don't overwhelm the players or make it too easy? I guess that's a difficult question if you don't really have the stats firmly decided.

Update: I remembered just now that one of my friends is a computer genius and now that I can access facebook again I might be able to get him to open up the Sorasil game so we can look at its guts. Not sure If I will be able to recognize the anatomy, but it is worth a try. Wish me luck.
Sure it's pretty scary when the witch lord returns but what you should really be afraid of is "Resurrection of the Witch Lord". Resurrected baddies always come back more threatening than ever, usually kind of demonic with wings and horns and hell fire to announce their arrival. Think Gannondorf or Mother Brain from Super Metroid.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Destroyed a Zombie!
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Nephew of Mentor » October 5th, 2012, 12:48 am

Goblin King, I was able to match most of the sorasil items with some of your art, but since you asked, we could use art for the following items:
Amulet of Tambor Rin
Amulet of Protection
Paravane (shield)
Ring of Movement
Ring of Suresight
Ring of Swift Wind
Ring of Courage

The rings are actually not important as I might just reuse old ring art like I would do for scroll items and some potions. Did you get the screen captures I sent forever ago? Let me know, thanks.

Let me know if you are interested in helping with some art for the Dragon Strike adaptation.
Sure it's pretty scary when the witch lord returns but what you should really be afraid of is "Resurrection of the Witch Lord". Resurrected baddies always come back more threatening than ever, usually kind of demonic with wings and horns and hell fire to announce their arrival. Think Gannondorf or Mother Brain from Super Metroid.

Rewards:
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Nephew of Mentor » October 13th, 2012, 1:52 pm

My friend got back to me about dumping the sorasil game for stats. He is unable to help, but he did direct me to a forum with tons of people who should be able to help. If nothing turns up I will start making stuff up(with help from you if possible). But, I might be a little inactive for a few days. I have some important job stuff to do.

Rewards:
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Nephew of Mentor » October 21st, 2012, 5:00 pm

Who do I talk to about icons and room tiles? I'll try to design my own, but you guys are way better at it than I am, I promise you that. I'm already borrowing a few tiles from thee archives, so thanks for that. Haha.

Rewards:
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby torilen » October 21st, 2012, 6:29 pm

Icons would be derfel link. Tiles...not sure. I think it is Maiko who does some
really good tiles, however.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Infje » February 17th, 2013, 11:25 am

What is the status of this project? What's missing? Maybe I can help.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Infje

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Nephew of Mentor » February 17th, 2013, 12:21 pm

Time is missing, haha. I have been working on getting little things out of the way here and there, but with little progress. I did manage to get a mini that corresponds to the game though, haha.
It doesn't help that my one really free weekend I spent trying to figure out how to work the Dragon Strike maps in Heroscribe, and failed. Time well wasted.
In order to make this game fit the traditional board(and add some new scenery/mechanics) I think this will be a fairly tile heavy game. I will have to look into what ideas I have sketched out, but if you have graphic editing skills we could use tiles and HS icons for:
2x6 floor rug on one side, the other has one corner of the rug pulled back to show a trap door.
Doors that only open from one side, maybe one side would have a locking mechanism or no nob or something.
What types of skills are you offering to bring to the table?

Almost forgot, we could use icons for anvils, and maybe a guillotine, though that one isn't necessary.

Rewards:
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Infje » February 17th, 2013, 12:31 pm

I work in monitor shifts and if there's nothing to do I can spend the day surfing the web. So if there are things you need like certain tiles or mini's, I could find them for you. I know a little bit of graphic design so if you have a list with clear descriptions of the requested tiles I could make mock ups or find/adjust similar ones. I've been complemented a lot about some articles I've written so I could help out with the text. I'm also good with computers so I could probably figure out Heroscribe quite quickly and create the maps. I guess that's about it.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Infje

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Nephew of Mentor » February 17th, 2013, 5:57 pm

If you are helping by making tiles I think you could certainly add your two cents. However, I've just been meaning to edit the rug from a previous quest to fit the 2x6 size I am looking for. If you would like, go ahead and do that. Let me know if any of this sounds interesting.
As far as writing, this quest pack will likely use most of the text from the game, but shortened.

Rewards:
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Quests and Quest Packs