• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Legacy of Sorasil quest pack?

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: Legacy of Sorasil quest pack?

Postby lestodante » September 6th, 2022, 4:29 pm

Should the Mystic be considered more like a female barbarian or more like a female wizard? Her stats are more like the wizard but for what I remember, a "mystic" in D&D is usually some kind of martial arts warrior.
In Legacy of Sorasil she is pictured like a female barbarian wearing a cloak and chainmail bikini. Is this because a mystic can't wear armour (like the wizard) or because she is more like Red Sonya?

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby HispaZargon » September 6th, 2022, 4:44 pm

You know the 'conflict' around the Mystic art shown in the Amiga game... I don't see if we could take it as a good reference according to the stats the Mystic has in the videogame. In my opinion, I would consider the Mystic more like a Wizard, even weaker in strength but stronger in Magic (3 BPs, 7 MPs).

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
Librarian-Analyst
HispaZargon
Inn's Guardian

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: Español
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » September 6th, 2022, 9:32 pm

I took a different perspective with my own version of the character... she is stronger in combat than the Wizard (by a little) and her magic is initially stronger (able to have a greater combination of combat and healing magic, rather than having to choose one emphasis or the other), but later on the Wizard (through completing many quests) will ultimately be stronger in magical terms.

Granted, this was me using the game stuff as inspiration not trying to translate it 1:1 into the physical board game world.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby RealCato » January 2nd, 2023, 2:23 am

lestodante wrote:Should the Mystic be considered more like a female barbarian or more like a female wizard? Her stats are more like the wizard but for what I remember, a "mystic" in D&D is usually some kind of martial arts warrior.
In Legacy of Sorasil she is pictured like a female barbarian wearing a cloak and chainmail bikini. Is this because a mystic can't wear armour (like the wizard) or because she is more like Red Sonya?

In the videogame she is a wizard. I think she has access to heavy armor at the cost of some stats and/or spells. In the videogame this doesn’t have a big effect on gameplay since spellcasters cannot endure melee combat anyway, and you can cast the same spell until your mana runs out. For the boardgame we’re trying to make the characters more unique.
RealCato

Skeleton
Skeleton

Forum Language: British English
Hero:

Postby lestodante » January 2nd, 2023, 5:55 pm

reading her description and stats in the booklet she seems to be even stronger than the wizard with the use of magic

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Previous

Return to Quests and Quest Packs