• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Legacy of Sorasil quest pack?

Discuss Quest creation and share Quests/Quest Packs you've created.

Re: Legacy of Sorasil quest pack?

Postby Daedalus » March 1st, 2013, 3:38 pm

I'd say go for more tiles to match the Lengend of Sorasil experience better. I'm thinking BQP--it has a dozen rooms and tons of corridor and one-space tiles. That means more Quest notes match the board better for a more thematic expansion. I'm not sure how much LoS needs, but off-hand I'd say use no more than double the BQP tiles as an upper limit. Fewer than double the BQP would probably be better, as that would be less to track in a box and easier to make. The more you stray from the familiar, the fewer people will be interested in trying it. :2cents:
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Nephew of Mentor » March 3rd, 2013, 10:24 pm

That is a very reasonable rule of thumb, Thanks for the idea.
Sure it's pretty scary when the witch lord returns but what you should really be afraid of is "Resurrection of the Witch Lord". Resurrected baddies always come back more threatening than ever, usually kind of demonic with wings and horns and hell fire to announce their arrival. Think Gannondorf or Mother Brain from Super Metroid.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Destroyed a Zombie!
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby bastianbux » March 18th, 2013, 8:08 pm

I always felt that the BQP was a bit of overkill on the custom tiles. There were so many it took forever to track down the right ones to use at times. I think it would be best to use the BQP as the maximum number that's okay to use, but really I think about half of that is best.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
bastianbux

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby vryce » August 12th, 2014, 12:54 pm

This project sounds great! Where are you at it, is there any assistance you could use?
vryce

Hero:

Postby Sjeng » August 16th, 2014, 3:10 pm

I fear this bled dry about a year and a half ago. But it never hurts to rekindle a good idea. Hopefully, someone can pass you some WIP for you to peruse, and you could assist with the rest from there.
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby vryce » August 18th, 2014, 12:37 am

Sure, if anyone has the collected WIP, I'd be happy to take a crack at it. I'm a newbie at this sort of thing, but I suppose any eyes on it are better than none?
vryce

Hero:

Postby Goblin-King » August 18th, 2014, 3:05 am

if I recall correctly what killed it was out inability to extract data from the game.
The philosophy was that this is actually official released heroquest material. It had official stats and items.
If we just had to make up stats for everything ourselves out of the blue... well...

Nephew of Mentor was the one keeping track of everything (and actually beat the game!!!).
I'm not really sure how much were turned into content. Data collecting took a LOT of time.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Nephew of Mentor » September 17th, 2014, 4:21 pm

I'm kind of back, but focusing on one thing at a time this time around. I'll probably come back to LOS as soon as I finish on Dragon Strike, which is going very well. Cards will be the only difficulty, but even that shouldn't be too bad.
Part of what killed the project was I couldn't get Heroscribe to work for me. That is no longer the case. In addition, there was also a question of tiles/HS icons. I actually have all the quests drawn by hand.
Anyhow, if anyone else wants to tackle the project, I have some things I might be able to share, however, I doubt anyone but me would understand some of it. Let me know.
Sure it's pretty scary when the witch lord returns but what you should really be afraid of is "Resurrection of the Witch Lord". Resurrected baddies always come back more threatening than ever, usually kind of demonic with wings and horns and hell fire to announce their arrival. Think Gannondorf or Mother Brain from Super Metroid.

Rewards:
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » September 18th, 2014, 1:59 pm

Glad you're checking back with us. I'm looking forward to seeing your Dragon Strike project again. The game is worthy of conversion.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Nephew of Mentor » March 23rd, 2015, 12:01 am

As I am still very distracted by my second job, which I hate with a passion, I won't likely get anywhere with this for a while. Unlike Dragon Strike, there is a lot of work including tile and icon design, stats, items and what not. I have transcriptions, hand written notes and things. Summer would be the earliest time I could imagine workin on this.

That bein said. If anyone wants to pick up where I left off, I could copy my notes and share them on Google drive, that way you would not need to play all the way through the tame and start from square one. PM me if you are interested. Sorry for the continued flatline on this one.

Rewards:
Nephew of Mentor

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Quests and Quest Packs