• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Lizardmen

Discuss the creation of new Monsters and share Monsters you've created.

Re: Lizardmen

Postby link_triforce21 » November 23rd, 2010, 11:10 pm

Big Bene wrote:But as much as I am concerned, the Worlds of Warhammer and of Heroquest are not identical.

The warhammer worlds and heroquest ARE in the same place....THE OLD WORLD!! Look it up you will find that they are the same place.

So get your head out of your rear end and SHUT IT!!

Come back from that A-Hole. :shock:

Oh one more thing just because something says lizard-like does not make it a lizard that's like saying a monkey is a human because it's a primate but guess what it's NOT it's a MONKEY.

and yes i take this serious. Because it's people like you that make things boring cause you nit-pick at every little detail.
"Is the moose wielding a projectile weapon?"
-Zim

I'm handin out Treasure cards and Chaos Spells, and I'm all out of Treasure cards!
link_triforce21

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Tott » November 24th, 2010, 6:50 am

aaaaaaaand chill.

the most important thing to remember is that on your board what you want to be true is true. on someone elses board, what they want to be true, is true.
and neither one has any effect on the other.

if someone wants their board to be warhammer, heroquest, narnia, never never land or the munchkin country that's up to them.

on my board, fimir are spaghetti monsters, chaos warriors are sealed in their armour due to bad acne and we have no dwarf. just a vertically challenged warrior with a preference for extreme facial hair and chainmail. i was gonna set it in slough, but we really don't have models of monsters sufficiently terrible enough to convey the horror of Slough.
Tott

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Big Bene » November 24th, 2010, 7:21 am

:mrgreen:
I could easily put an answer to link's last post, but I feel we should stop this pointless rant as it becomes more and more off-topic.

This thread is about introducing Lizardmen (other than Fimir) into Heroquest, wich is all OK for me.
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby DragonLord1975 » March 12th, 2016, 9:29 pm

What would be a good status for a Lizardman? Feel free to post your opinion. For now, here's what I have in mimd:

Movement 8
Attack 5
Defend 3
Body 6
Mind 4

Since some Lizardmen carry spears, they can attack diagonally.
DragonLord1975

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:

Postby cynthialee » March 13th, 2016, 12:50 am

DragonLord1975 wrote:What would be a good status for a Lizardman? Feel free to post your opinion. For now, here's what I have in mimd:

Movement 8
Attack 5
Defend 3
Body 6
Mind 4

I think the Body and Mind points are to high.
The Move, Attack and Defend are great.
Most of the Lizardman miniatures I have are old school Ral Partha and some RAFM mini's and they are much larger than the average miniatures I have in play for the heroes. So they would need to be pretty buff.

As for Body Points I would give them 4 and Mind I would have it at 2 (3 for the Shaman)
Due to size and arm reach I would suspect they could attack diagonal with any weapon other than a dager.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Baylor_OgreBane » March 13th, 2016, 3:42 pm

Ermm. wadding in here, so nobody rage quit on me again...

Both HQ and Warhammer fantasy are set in the same world, just very different times, like Conan and Kull.

Fimir are a chaos creation, they are half demon, this is why they don't reproduce in the conventional sense, but are a chaotic lizard/amphibious mutation.
Orcs in warhammer are not mushrooms or fungus, they are very generic fantasy orcs. The Orks from 40k are fungus like creatures and do release spores, there are only a few differences between the two races in the 2 games, such as in fantasy the larger orcs get darker, hence black orcs, where as in 40K they just get bigger and meaner.

Lizardmen (Slann) are precursors to the breaking of the gates that released the forces of chaos, being the work force to the old ones.

But at the end of the day Tott is right, we can create carve and change all of this to suit are games at will, and use it to create are own. At the end of the day, their is so little HQ lore and that of Warhammer was just imagined by some guy in his bed room to give his minis a background so why can't we do the same, its not like it is LAW!

link_triforce21 if you want pics done/made up just ask, we would do it for our hobby rather than money. Sorry to hear about the job thing, it can be tough now a days, but I am sure something will come along.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Baylor_OgreBane

High Mage
High Mage

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby StratosVX » March 13th, 2016, 4:49 pm

Baylor_OgreBane wrote:But at the end of the day Tott is right, we can create carve and change all of this to suit are games at will, and use it to create are own. At the end of the day, their is so little HQ lore and that of Warhammer was just imagined by some guy in his bed room to give his minis a background so why can't we do the same, its not like it is LAW!

This right here is exactly it. I've seen a lot of posts where someone disagrees with a rule, or someone's new home-brew creation. If you don't want to play the rules that way, then don't. If you don't like the way someone created an item, don't use it or change it to suit your needs. For example, I saw a thread where someone brought in explosives (and I've seen black powder weapons in other home-brew). The idea was great and seemed to be well thought out. Personally, I doubt I would want that in my games, but I'm not going to trash someone else for having it in theirs or tell them that it doesn't fit the setting because their perception of the world is different than mine. Creativity shouldn't be attacked like that.

As for references that pertain to the lore of the world, look at how many non-canon stories get written in other fictional worlds. There is no reason why that can't be done in the HQ world as well. Just because your HQ takes place in the same universe as Warhammer, doesn't mean mine does. It's all made up to begin with - we aren't talking about historical fact here.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby cynthialee » March 13th, 2016, 6:15 pm

I tend to have my HQ games tie into the lore of my table top role playing game. The events of one game can become part of the narrative of the other.
Way I see it is HQ can be like an RPG light.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Baylor_OgreBane » March 14th, 2016, 1:40 pm

cynthialee wrote: Way I see it is HQ can be like an RPG light.

I always thought it was! :p

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Baylor_OgreBane

High Mage
High Mage

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Daedalus » September 20th, 2016, 6:27 pm

DragonLord1975 wrote:What would be a good status for a Lizardman? Feel free to post your opinion. For now, here's what I have in mimd:

Movement 8
Attack 5
Defend 3
Body 6
Mind 4

I prefer a kinder, gentler Lizardman. Something to fill the gap between Orcs and Fimir:

Mv 5, At 3, De 4, BP 1, MP1

I'm not matching a mini, but instead attempting to open a useful niche in the standard monsters of the NA Main Game System. Mine is slow and primitive, but tough enough to make the 1 BP last a bit. I'm thinking 6-8 green-colored minis as grunt alternatives for Orcs.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Monsters