• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Lizardmen

Discuss the creation of new Monsters and share Monsters you've created.

Lizardmen

Postby link_triforce21 » September 27th, 2010, 6:31 pm

The lizardmen found here http://www.heroscribe.org/theferret1/beastz.html are cool and all but the pics are kind of cartoony, i'm not being mean, but i got to thinking that i would make some new ones so i did. Yes i know that i could have gotten some war hammer figures online but seeing as how i just got fired from my job for some dumb reason i have to watch what i spend my cash on.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Is the moose wielding a projectile weapon?"
-Zim

I'm handin out Treasure cards and Chaos Spells, and I'm all out of Treasure cards!
link_triforce21

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Lizardmen

Postby Ethica » September 28th, 2010, 12:37 pm

I just bought some lizardmen. They are really small. I think I will make a quest pack about lizardmen that can be played with fledgling characters.

And yes,the images are very cartoony. There must be plenty of GW artwork to rip off?

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Ethica

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby link_triforce21 » September 28th, 2010, 2:10 pm

There is plenty of art work to rip off of but finding it is the hard thing. Only one of the pics that i used is from warhammer, the rest are from D&D and Soulcaliber.
-Zim

I'm handin out Treasure cards and Chaos Spells, and I'm all out of Treasure cards!
link_triforce21

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Big Bene » November 21st, 2010, 6:38 pm

There are already lizardmen in heroquest. In the Game System Questbook the Fimir are described as "lizardlike creatures":
http://www.yeoldeinn.com/downloads/system/150-system-eu-quest-book.pdf.
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby drathe » November 22nd, 2010, 1:20 pm

Touché. But it would be cool to have Skink and Saurus type lizardmen as well.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby link_triforce21 » November 22nd, 2010, 6:22 pm

Big Bene wrote:There are already lizardmen in heroquest. In the Game System Questbook the Fimir are described as "lizardlike creatures":

Hate to tell you this but they are "lizardlike" they aren't lizardmen themselves they are beasts formed from chaos. I play warhammer and the original chaos beasts are Fimir. If the Fimir were lizardmen then they would be in the the lizardmen faction but they AREN'T they are in they choas faction. One more thing if the Fimir were lizardmen then they would have called them that in the first place and not Fimir(a chaos beast).
-Zim

link_triforce21

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Big Bene » November 23rd, 2010, 1:13 pm

You are obviousely taking this very serious.
As for me, everyone can handle this as he likes. Just wanted to throw in a quote from the rules that matched the thread.

Having said this, I will now pretend taking this question serious and put an answer to your post:
Myself, the last time I played Warhammer was back in the eighties :mrgreen: .
But as much as I am concerned, the Worlds of Warhammer and of Heroquest are not identical. The Heroquest figures were created by Games Workshop, and they just used the background they had got, so there are some similarities. But how would you integrate the reign of Morcar/Zargon in the Warhammer history?
To cry out loud, Warhammer Orcs reproduce by spores... I don't want my valliant Heroes fight against mushrooms! :p
The Fimir race was discontinued in Warhammer, anyways.

You may think otherwise, but even then there are differences how a race is handled in different publications of the fantasy genre, even in different editions of Warhammer itself.
The primary source of data about the Heroquest Fimir should be the Heroquest rulebook, not some other game. And being clearly humanoid in stature, when the Heroquest rulebook describe them as "lizardlilke", they are lizardmen. What else?

A strange flock of lizardmen, of course, beeing one-eyed and all - leaving still room for other races... ;)
Last edited by Big Bene on November 23rd, 2010, 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Big Bene » November 23rd, 2010, 1:14 pm

Hey, I'm a skeleton now!

|_P |_P
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Ethica » November 23rd, 2010, 1:39 pm

Big Bene wrote:Hey, I'm a skeleton now!

|_P |_P

Congratulations. (and nice comeback by the way)

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Ethica

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Big Bene » November 23rd, 2010, 2:40 pm

Thanx

But what do you mean by "comeback"? :?
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Next

Return to Monsters