• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Trolls for HQ.

Discuss the creation of new Monsters and share Monsters you've created.

Re: Trolls for HQ.

Postby Big Bene » Friday November 17th, 2017 4:42am

This is expensive. As everything at Greed Workshop.

And I think the DW ogres look great as trolls. I never liked the D&D imgination of these. How does a real troll look like,anyway?

I didn't do an internet search for troll or something. These are just the imaginations that I came up with right off my mind (did however a search or the pictures, of course).
Last edited by Big Bene on Wednesday November 22nd, 2017 3:37pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Ye Olde Inn is proudly hosted by

Proudly Hosted by MDD Hosting

Host your Website at MDD Hosting by clicking the logo above and Ye Olde Inn will receive a commission that we'll put toward keeping Ye Olde Inn online for everyone to enjoy!

Postby tallyho » Tuesday November 21st, 2017 12:26pm

And painted, painting is not my strong side. But its fun.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TakeAway
tallyho

Fimir
Fimir

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » Tuesday November 21st, 2017 12:34pm

But that's a strong start. Nice color choices, good variation and harmony.
Keep that up, practice thinning your paints and some techniques and you'll be a solid painter.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Thor-in » Tuesday November 21st, 2017 4:09pm

knightkrawler wrote:But that's a strong start. Nice color choices, good variation and harmony.
Keep that up, practice thinning your paints and some techniques and you'll be a solid painter.

Agreed, it's going to time and practice but you'll get to a good place the more you do it and they do look nice.

Big Bene wrote:This is expensive. As everything at Greed Workshop.

And I think they look great as trolls. I never liked the D&D imgination of these. How does a real troll look like,anyway?

I didn't do an internet search for troll or something. These are just the imaginations that I came up with right off my mind (did however a search or the pictures, of course).

My daughter gave me a mini troll toy like the one on the bottom left to use in my HQ games, :lol:.
:skeleton: "Shadows and Dust" :skeleton:

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Thor-in

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » Wednesday November 22nd, 2017 1:56am

I love the Terry Pratchett one in the top left corner.

Now.

Who can name them all? :D

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Big Bene » Wednesday November 22nd, 2017 3:40pm

I can :mrgreen:
I think most of them are quite well known, except perhaps for the two far right ones.
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Monsters