• Advertisement

Snotling Gang

Discuss the creation of new Monsters and share Monsters you've created.

Re: Snotling Gang

Postby Goblin-King » Friday July 15th, 2016 11:07am

I think such a map exists. I remember seeing a map with at least some quest locations pinned down. I recall Balur's lair specifically.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Ye Olde Inn is proudly hosted by

Proudly Hosted by MDD Hosting

Host your Website at MDD Hosting by clicking the logo above and Ye Olde Inn will receive a commission that we'll put toward keeping Ye Olde Inn online for everyone to enjoy!

Postby Anderas » Friday July 15th, 2016 12:34pm

I was undertaking this some months ago, loosely based on Sotiris' interactive HQ map, but with higher resolution. So far i included only the base quests and didn't publish it, mainly because it feels not finished.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Crossbowman
Crossbowman

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby QorDaq » Friday July 15th, 2016 2:20pm

Anderas wrote:I was undertaking this some months ago, loosely based on Sotiris' interactive HQ map, but with higher resolution. So far i included only the base quests and didn't publish it, mainly because it feels not finished.

Maybe publish it as a draft and take on input about where things might be located?
maj! = Klingon word for "Good". Used in the context of "I approve".

- vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
QorDaq

High Mage
High Mage

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » Wednesday September 21st, 2016 8:09pm

QorDaq wrote:I still think it would be awesome for the good folken of the Inn, to committee an official unofficial locale and then for one of the HQ community with some superior graphics-fu to create a definitive map identifying where all of the Canon locations from the various editions of the game are to be found. With plenty of unassigned locations where official unofficial fan-made quests can be written in... Just sayin'...

Goblin-King wrote:I think such a map exists. I remember seeing a map with at least some quest locations pinned down. I recall Balur's lair specifically.

From the Hero Quest Sticker Album, posted by Goblin-King in QorDaq's Cartography topic:
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Big Bene » Thursday September 22nd, 2016 12:11pm

I'm all for derailing, but there are already big threads dedicated to the HQ world and the existing and possible maps.
I just wanted to say why I don't like snotlings in HQ.

I like the idea of swarms - rats, bats and other small animals are a natural choice, but if anybody wants to use snotlings, it's all a matter of taste.

There should be more than one model on the base, showing it is really a swarm, but not necessarily the same number of models as the swarm has "individuals". The model merely represents the swarm. Likewise, Attack dice should be count down together with the hit points, as the (theoretical) number of individuals is reduced, but there is no need to actually remove figures from the base. Just keep track of the "individuals" as you would normal body points of other monsters.
If necessary, use a dice or similar counter.
I also like the idea that a last left individual may join another swarm. And also, adjactant swarms could combine their hit dice. The two concepts are not exclusive to each other.
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby herman_the_german » Friday December 16th, 2016 7:58pm

Snotling card:

herman_the_german

Mummy
Mummy