• Advertisement

Ogre Shaman & Spells

Discuss the creation of new Monsters and share Monsters you've created.

Ogre Shaman & Spells

Postby herman_the_german » Friday October 30th, 2015 7:24pm

Has anyone tackled adapting Warhammer Gut Magic for Heroquest?

Ogres are tough enough, would it even be a good idea to make 'em even tougher?

Bloodgruel [Restoration Spell] Restores up to 4 BP but no more than original stats.
Spinemarrow [Stubborn = ignore test modifiers] The Ogre Shaman picks one Spell-using figure and forces him to discard one of his unused Mind Spell cards (Fear, Sleep, etc.) at random. That spell is then lost for the duration of the Quest.
Bonecrusher [Magic missile] This Spell may be cast on any one Hero, enveloping him in an Invisible Crushing Force. It will inflict 2 Body Points of Damage. The Hero then rolls two Red Dice. For each 5 or 6 rolled the Damage is reduced by 1 Point.
Bullgorger [+ Strenght one Turn] This spell may be cast on any one Monster, including the Ogre Shaman. The next time that Monster attacks, he may roll 1 extra Combat Die. The Spell is broken by the next Turn.
Toothcracker [+ Toughness one Turn] This spell may be cast on any one Monster, including the Ogre Shaman. The next time that Monster attacks, he may roll 1 extra Defend Die. The Spell is broken by the next Turn.
Braingobbler (Panic Spell] Attacks are reduced to one Combat die. The spell can be broken by the Hero on a future turn by rolling one red die for each of his Mind Points. If a 6 is rolled, the spell is broken.
Trollguts [Regeneration Spell] The Trollguts Spell may be cast on any one Monster, including the Ogre Shaman. Contact with this magical substance will restore up to 4 lost Body Points, but will not give a Monster more than his starting number.
The Maw [Scatter Spell] The Spell of The Maw will inflict 2 Body Points Damage to target and 1 Body Point to any adjacent figure, unless the Hero / Monster can immediately roll a 5-6 using 1d6.

Per Warhammer Magic some sort of misfire rules should apply.

And, of course if one wants to play it safe then they could limit it to only these as official Ogre Spells. Who's to say that Xenloth, Festral & Nexrael are not Ogres?:

Dominate: Ogre Shaman and defender both roll dice equal to their Mind points. If the Ogre Shaman scores two skulls or more, he may use the defender's combat piece for the duration of his turn.
Mind Blast: Ogre Shaman and defender both roll dice equal to their Mind points. The player who scores the most skulls inflicts Mind point damage equal to the number of skulls he has in excess of his opponent's score.
Mind Lock: Ogre Shaman and defender both roll dice equal to their Mind points. The defender will be frozen for one turn for each skull scored by the Ogre Shaman.

---

This guy worked out an 'Ogre Witch' along with some spells (in Spanish):

http://heroquestzaragoza.blogspot.com/2 ... -mago.html

herman_the_german

Mummy
Mummy

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Ye Olde Inn is proudly hosted by

Proudly Hosted by MDD Hosting

Host your Website at MDD Hosting by clicking the logo above and Ye Olde Inn will receive a commission that we'll put toward keeping Ye Olde Inn online for everyone to enjoy!

Re: Ogre Shaman & Spells

Postby Daedalus » Sunday November 8th, 2015 4:42pm

I've never come across gut magic until now. Seems to me it would be fun to implement in a tougher Ogre-themed Quest, or in a lower-powered Quest with a renegade Ogre Shaman supported by non-Ogre troops. If you ever make up HQ Spell Cards for these, be sure to post them. I wouldn't bother with Warhammer Fantasy misfire rules as they work fine as is.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby herman_the_german » Monday November 23rd, 2015 5:15pm

I've added them to the Gallery:

herman_the_german

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Anderas » Tuesday November 24th, 2015 12:59am

Wow that's a cool bit of artwork! Did you do it yourself?

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby herman_the_german » Tuesday November 24th, 2015 2:34pm

Didn't have to. I was able to find horned ogre shaman art that matches my mini fairly well, so I used that.

The finished cards:

herman_the_german

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Daedalus » Sunday September 18th, 2016 10:27am

I like the artwork, as well. Is the image free for public use? I know printing for your own use is no problem, I'm just curious.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Return to Monsters