• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

New idea for ranged attack for mummy.

Discuss the creation of new Monsters and share Monsters you've created.

Re: New idea for ranged attack for mummy.

Postby torilen » July 15th, 2015, 9:08 am

In case anyone is interested - the book Canticle, by R A Salvatore offers a really good
description of a fight with a mummy. I'm not sure how much of the book you'd have to
read to get what is going on and all...the main fight with it takes place pretty much
near the end. It is a special mummy, I guess, with the spirit of some ancient evil hero,
along with some enchantments to protect and make him more dangerous.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: New idea for ranged attack for mummy.

Postby GimmeYerGold » July 15th, 2015, 10:56 am

torilen wrote:In case anyone is interested - the book Canticle, by R A Salvatore offers a really good
description of a fight with a mummy. I'm not sure how much of the book you'd have to
read to get what is going on and all...the main fight with it takes place pretty much
near the end. It is a special mummy, I guess, with the spirit of some ancient evil hero,
along with some enchantments to protect and make him more dangerous.

I agree, this is the distention, I think, between mummies and those other undead, which are typically portrayed as mindless, or single-minded in their motives. Good tip, torilen! |_P

[in a librarian's voice] For more related readings on the "mindful mummy," :mummy: :mummy: :mummy: there is also this fun article on the "ice mummies" in Game of Thrones: http://www.everythingisscary.com/screen ... apocalypse

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
GimmeYerGold

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Monsters