• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

The Half Elf Aprentice`

Discuss the creation of new Heroes and share Heroes you've created.

Re: The Half Elf Aprentice`

Postby drathe » September 30th, 2011, 10:53 am

cynthialee wrote:And I give the apprentice more Mind because he is supposed to be smarter than the wizard.

Good answer. |_P

sadkitchen wrote:And this 2-hand sword you mention, are you referring the the Battle Axe, or do you have a home-brew weapon that you need to share as well?

I expect this is a blanket clause to cover any heavy two-handed weapon that may exist or one may create to keep the character compatible with home expansions. Pretty much anything made of heavy metal that can't be used with shields.

el_flesh wrote:
Big Bene wrote:I don't understand why (s)he has to be a half elf?

Because then she can be HOT like Liv Tyler!

|_P

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby cynthialee » September 30th, 2011, 12:43 pm

2 hand sword...
I forget not everyone has the same house rules...
dur

any 2 handed weapon that is not the staff should be baned the Half Elf
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby torilen » October 3rd, 2011, 2:25 pm

I think I have to ask the same question...why half-elf. BUT...hey...its your hero, and if you want a
half-elf, that's your choice.
I also would question the 7 mind points. Just having the 6 would be more than the elf...and if it were
a half-elf, that could explain why it could cast magic on the fly, with the same mind points as the
wizard. However...then you would have to have a 4 for body points, and would take away from
the scariness of having the low body point score. So...okay...never mind.

All in all...I like it. I like the idea of learning any spell cast in line-of-sight...even evil wizard spells.
That would definitely make zargon think twice about casting a spell. HAHAHA! I think it would work
really well with the american heroquest...even as a normal 4th character, or as a 5th or whatever.

As far as having heroes that can die easily, since monsters can...I agree with the question, but allowing
heroes to die easily would defeat the purpose of the game: Allow the players to slash their way through
hordes of monsters, with some hard effort on a few quests, come out on the other side as heroes and
champions of the world.
Let us all remember...this game was intended for the 10-15 age group, more than likely.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby cynthialee » October 3rd, 2011, 2:48 pm

Good points.

If I was to play such a character you can bet I would stay well behind the rest of the crew for a number of quests. At least until the Hero was starting to become properly equiped.
I have played around in the past with allowing the Wizard and Elf to loot any uncast Chaos Spells as scrolls from the corpses of enemy spell casters. It introduces a twist to the game when the wizzard can turn the Evil Wizard spells against the forces of chaos on occasion.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Previous