• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

New Hero class: Soul Hunter

Discuss the creation of new Heroes and share Heroes you've created.

Re: New Hero class: Soul Hunter

Postby el_flesh » April 21st, 2012, 9:57 am

The stone skin would be white shields AND black shields for defense! wooo!
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Daedalus » July 10th, 2017, 9:48 am

I wonder if a bow should be counted for the killing blow. I'd say only adjacent attacks should trigger the ability.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby cynthialee » July 10th, 2017, 10:34 am

Daedalus wrote:I wonder if a bow should be counted for the killing blow. I'd say only adjacent attacks should trigger the ability.

I keep going back and forth on this...

I like it, I don't like it.

Maybe:
Killing Blow is limited to one weapon class...Melee one Hand, Melee two Hand and Ranged Attacks

The dude gets to choose one weapon class to start with and after 10 Quests he gets a second class and another 10 he gets the last one.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » July 10th, 2017, 11:24 am

...or he chooses one weapon before every quest with which to serve the killing blow.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Tott » July 28th, 2017, 6:22 am

Wow! this is a bit of threadnomancy!
i posted this guy up 6 years ago so i actually flicked past the thread a few times without realising it was mine! :p
As i recall i always envisioned him as a ranged character primarily - i wasn't sure about giving him a melee weapon to begin with.
firstly because (in the expanded character bio i never published) its not the weapon that captures the soul but rather the mystically enchanted arrows he shoots (when he does use a melee weapon he just sort of stabs them with the arrow as theyr'e croaking) ;)
and secondly, i thought that it would make it easier for the hunter to get the kill shot in if movement and range weren't such an issue, he's going to be 'competing' with the likes of the barbarian for the kill. Either he'd go early in the turn rotation or be discussing with the other players and saying something along the line of 'please dont kill the fimir im going to use him to heal'
i also wanted it on every kill shot so the hunter would have to put some thought into what hes aiming at - does he kill the fimir and heal or does he shoot something he wont kill so he maintains his +1 with a ranged weapon? i also deliberately didn't assign it to a weapon type purely because i didn't want the character to swap to a sword and thusly avoid the penalties for killing chaos warriors or zombies.
the character originally started life as something of a shapeshifter and i wanted to maintain the strategic element of managing what 'shape' you're in plus balancing the positives and the negatives as well.
I was looking for a mini for him, but of course these days - thanks to hero forge i can make a quick pic of what he looks like! yay!

According to legend, the Karak'kai were once the Dwarves of Karak Groval - before the vile Skaven rose from the depths and pushed them out onto the surface;
without the mountain above them, they have grown too tall - they cannot return to other Dwarves without bowing their heads in shame;
without iron around them they lost their way and now use primitive bows and spears;
without the forges to warm them they have forgotten how to smelt the runes of the earth;
without their ancestors to guide them they have forgotten what it means to be a Dwarf.
and so they scavenge and they hunt, without the tomes of yesterday, they turned to the souls of the dead, stealing their essence as they pass from this world to the next.
the few runes they do remember etched into their arrows, etched into... wood.
They have become nomads, wandering the deserts and the plains. they have become the unwanted, the exiled, the homeless, they are without a karak - the Karak'kai

Tott

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby DullandRusty » October 28th, 2017, 1:01 am

Love this hero idea. I have now used this as a frame for an idea we are running. The end of my last campaign in which the main boss was a lich who became a lich in an attempt to revive his dead wife, saw her raised as a wraith. She was unhappy with being raised from the dead, so as a result joins the heroes post campaign to help atone for her husbands mistakes and hunt down other undead. As such she lacks a full soul (being revived from a tainted source). Thus, she is constantly stealing other souls trying to find a fullfilling piece or match, each one giving a stat bonus as you outlined. She is melee much like the elf without ranged weapons, with a couple spells, such as an entangle in her robes in which she can life suck one bp, however if the target rolls a black shield he can resist it and then immediately counter attack. This spell can carry on through turns and is a defense roll by the target occurrs each turn. I should add that this hero is a later campaign addition thus monsters are stronger in nature. Anyway, just thought i would post the hero that my players love due to being tied into the storyline and something completely different and thank you for the idea.
DullandRusty

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » October 29th, 2017, 3:10 am

I can just say thank you for the necromancy Daedalus. As it is your specialty, you bring great ideas back to our attention. How is the forum down there in the oldest dungeons? :D

And Todd that's a great idea. I like the creativity. I will steal this somehow, be sure of it.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » February 2nd, 2018, 6:26 pm

It's always a privilege to be part of a forum that appreciates past efforts and conversations. Though I largely appear to work the night shift here, I vow rejoin you in the current topics . . . one day. :D
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » February 2nd, 2018, 7:29 pm

That's brilliant!
Threadomancing a thread to thank someone who has thanked you months ago for threadomancing the same thread.
D., you are a genius!
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Daedalus » February 7th, 2018, 9:32 pm

Let's do the Time Warp again!
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:

Previous

Return to Heroes