• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Dwarf Rune Priest 2021

Discuss the creation of new Heroes and share Heroes you've created.

Dwarf Rune Priest 2021

Postby Drakk » December 22nd, 2021, 9:52 am

I finished the 1st version of Rune Priest (male and female).
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19jRCnH7ARmNL9NhhvI4eEGPkg-XDeBiq?usp=sharing
My goal was to make a hero that would fit into the "old" world of HQ, too. This hero is a warrior wizard that could be used in place of the elf or wizard.

Pros:
- Runes - 3 per quest (For the mission, you have to choose the three runes from 5 runes to give you more flexibility)
- Hammer and Rune Hammer
- Armor can use all of them

Disadvantages:
- Cannot use 2-handed weapon
- Cannot use firearms
- Cannot wear Shield

Runes:
Magma Rune: This rune can be used on any monster. The monster is hit by a glowing magma ball, dealing 3 Body Points of damage. The monster then rolls 3 red dice. For each 5, 6 rolled, the damage is reduced by 1 point.

Healing Rune: The Rune Priest and each Hero he sees rolls 2 Combat Dice. Each Hero heals 1+ the number of Skulls rolled. The spell does not give Heroes more than their starting number.

Supporting Rune: This rune can be used on one hero, including yourself. The hero may re-roll one of his rolls once per round. It is important that he must re-roll all the dices. The effect of the rune wears off when there are no more monsters in the hero's line of sight.

Defending Rune: This rune can be used on one hero, including yourself. The hero may throw 1 extra combat die when defending. The effect of the rune wears off when there are no more monsters in the hero's line of sight.

Lighting Rune: This rune shoots a bolt of lightning towards a monster.
The monster takes 2 body point damage, other monsters in contact with it take 1 body point damage. The hit monsters then roll 2 or 1 red dice, depending on the wound received. For every 5 or 6 rolled, the damage is reduced by 1 point.

If you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them.
Drakk

Goblin
Goblin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Dwarf Rune Priest 2021

Postby Kurgan » December 22nd, 2021, 3:25 pm

Thanks for sharing your creation. I love the art! ;)

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Drakk » December 24th, 2021, 9:28 am

I made some modification.

Changes to the v2 version
1. The starting weapon for the RP is the Dwarf Hammer.
2. 'Lightning Rune' title has been corrected.
3- Supporting Rune: updated
4. Final version of Rune Hammer
5. Added 2 blank rune cards and a "basic" rune hammer as an option in case someone wants to make their own rune weapon.

The download link:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Drakk

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:

Postby Dreadaxe » December 26th, 2021, 8:06 pm

Rune Priest do very D&D
Why not Runesmith like to Warhammer?
Dreadaxe

Zombie
Zombie

Forum Language: Français
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Postby Drakk » December 28th, 2021, 7:21 am

The basic concept from my own game comes from not really knowing the Dnd.
The Warhammer rune priest is actually a rune smith and forges runes on objects.
In my game the rune smiths:
"Dwarven rune priests are the keepers of ancient knowledge. Dwarves, true to their traditions, carve the runes of their ancestors into various objects, weapons, armor.
The runes are forged into dwarven weapons and armour in the Guild's own magical forges, following ancient rites. These runes can work forever.
The runes are enclosed in mithril discs. These discs can be activated when the need arises. Such runes, unlike those forged into weapons or armour, only work temporarily, for a short time."
Runes forged into mithril discs can be used in quests.
The mission of the rune priest is to find the lost and now forgotten runes of ancient times.
I don't think this is that far removed from the Warhammer world. :)
I put two blank runes (the runes of Gorek and Ugrin) on page 2, which could be found during quests and placed on the hammer or axe on this page of the level. This is an add-on for the dwarf quests. The features of the runes will be told by the storyteller.
Drakk

Goblin
Goblin

Hero:

Return to Heroes