• Advertisement

Ye Olde Inn is proudly hosted by

Proudly Hosted by MDD Hosting

Host your Website at MDD Hosting by clicking the logo above and Ye Olde Inn will receive a commission that we'll put toward keeping Ye Olde Inn online for everyone to enjoy!

3 new Heroes: Knight, Assassin & Warlock

Discuss the creation of new Heroes and share Heroes you've created.

3 new Heroes: Knight, Assassin & Warlock

Postby Tott » Friday July 16th, 2010 4:12am

3 new heroes for you, hope you like:
The knight is a defensive character designed to be able to take lots of damage, the Assassin is a lightly armoured melee hero who can use critical hits to build up high damage and the Warlock is a caster who must balance the use of his spells with their draining effect on both his body and health pools.

Knight
You are a knight of the Empire, sworn defender of the land and its people. You’re equipped with the finest armour and through dedicated training you are able to use it with even greater effectiveness.

Attack = 2 Dice
Defence = 3 dice. (+1 white shield)
Move = 2 dice (minus 2 spaces)

Body = 7
Mind = 3

Starting Armour = Plate mail
Starting Weapon = Short sword.

Regardless of what dice are rolled, the Knight will always gain one bonus white shield in defence.

The Knight will move with a 2 space penalty, with a minimum of one space.

Assassin
You are they assassin, a master of death. Long have you studied and trained and your blades are now the last thing that many a soul will see. In combat, the precision of your attacks can make even the smallest wound fatal!

Attack = 2 Dice
Defence = 2 Dice
Move = 2 Dice

Body = 5
Mind = 5

Starting Armour = none
Starting Weapon = dagger

An Assassin may not wear plate armour or a shield.
An assassin may not equip 2 handed weapons (e.g. broadsword, battleaxe)

Critical Hits.
In combat an assassin may reroll a skull and add any additional skulls to his total.
Example 1: an assassin rolls’ 2 die and both lands on a skull, the assassin rerolls both die and gets a skull and a shield, he rerolls the skull and gets a shield. The assassin attacks with three skulls.
Example 2: the assassin rolls 3 dice in attack, 1 land’s on a skull. He rerolls it for another skull; he rerolls again for a third skull, rerolls again for a 4th skull, and rerolls to land on a shield. The assassin attacks with 4 skulls.

Warlock
You are the Warlock, a student of dark and forbidden magic’s. You pay a high price for your power, it is a drain on both your body and mind and one day – it will claim your soul as well!

Attack = 1 Dice
Defence = 2 Dice
Move = 2 Dice

Body = 4
Mind = 6

Starting armour = none
Starting weapon = dagger.

The warlock has the same armour restrictions as the mage, but may use daggers.

Warlock Spells
The warlock keeps all 24 spells next to him, shuffled and face down. He then draws a hand equal to his total Mind points. As spells are cast they are then are returned to the bottom of the deck and a new card is drawn from the top of the deck. Players are not allowed to cast a spell that that would kill them or knock them unconscious. There are 4 copies of each spell.

• Fireball – This spell may be cast on any one monster or player. It will inflict two body points of damage. The victim may roll two dice. For each shield he rolls, he may reduce the damage by one. The spell is then returned to the bottom of the deck.

• Drain magic – This spell may be cast on any one monster or player. Roll a number of combat dice equal to the casters total mind points. It will inflict damage to the victims mind pool for each skull rolled. The victim may roll 1 combat dice for each of their total mind points and reduce the damage they receive by 1 for each shield rolled. The casters mind pool is healed for every point of damage that is not blocked. The spell is then returned to the bottom of the deck. Costs 1 body point

• Summon Demon - This spell summons a demon who will do one of the following: Attack anyone on the board. He will attack with 3 combat dice OR posses any one player or monster. On their next turn they will be moved by the warlock instead, they cannot attack or cast spells but they may defend. This spell is then returned to the bottom of the deck. Costs 1 body point.

• Vampiric Curse – This spell may be cast on any one monster or player. IF the victim dies before the warlocks next turn, the warlock will be healed for the number of body points the victim had at the time the spell was cast. If the victim does not die before the warlock’s next turn, the spell has no effect. This spell is then returned to the bottom of the deck. Costs 1 mind point.

• Agony – The victim of this spell is filled with unbearable agony and may not move, attack or cast spells, although they may defend. Each subsequent turn he may roll one attack die, if he rolls a shield the spell is removed. For each round Terrifying pain is active the victim loses 1 body point. This spell is then returned to the bottom of the deck. Costs 1 mind point. (certain, boss, unique or high level charaters may be immune or roll more than 1 die to remove Agony)

• Shadow Bolt – You may fire these magical bolts at any target within your line of sight. You may then attack the target with two attack dice and he must defend with as many dice as he has Mind points. This spell is then returned to the bottom of the deck after use.
Tott

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: 3 new Heroes: Knight, Assassin & Warlock

Postby mo123813 » Wednesday July 28th, 2010 4:54pm

I really like the Warlock spells.
Check out my new character: Halfling! I promise you will consider using it!
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=405
Remember, if you run out of dice,
3/4/5 = skulls
1/2 = white shields
6 = black shields
mo123813

Ogre Chieftain
Ogre Chieftain

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Tott » Thursday July 29th, 2010 11:02am

Tott

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Ryno » Monday August 9th, 2010 6:07pm

Tott, you have inspired my creative juices to finally create me some custom heroes. I hope you don't mind, but I am totally stealing your assassin idea (and that miniature is awesome!!) with some changes, I think you might like this, here we go:

Assassin

You are the Assassin, the only hero with the ability to attack simultaneously with dual wielded weapons. You are a cunning and ruthless warrior.

2/1* attack
2 defend
5 body
5 mind

Movement… 2 Red Dice
Starting Weapons… shortsword and dagger
Starting Armor… None

Special Ability: Before each attack, roll 4 or higher on 1d6 to hit with both weapons. If both attacks hit, you may attack two adjacent enemies or both attacks upon one.

With each Imperial Academy rank increase the 1d6 penalty lowers by one (e.g. as a Champion, you may roll 3 or higher to hit with both weapons)

An Assassin may not wear plate armor or a shield
An Assassin may not equip 2 handed weapons (e.g. Longsword, Battle Axe)
Last edited by Ryno on Saturday August 14th, 2010 3:56pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ryno

Mummy
Mummy

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Tott » Tuesday August 10th, 2010 4:12am

i like that take on the dual wielding ability, nice!
Tott

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Ryno » Saturday August 14th, 2010 3:59pm

I updated my assassin for balance.

I'm looking forward to trying out that warlock and knight.
Ryno

Mummy
Mummy

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby tallyho » Sunday February 4th, 2018 9:08pm

I realy liked the Warlock. So i made these Cards.

New
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6kic4x64z1nq ... GCN5a?dl=0
Last edited by tallyho on Wednesday February 7th, 2018 7:02am, edited 1 time in total.
TakeAway
tallyho

Mummy
Mummy

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby whitebeard » Monday February 5th, 2018 8:34pm

Since when was the Broadsword or Longsword a two handed weapon?

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Participated in a Miniature Exchange.
whitebeard

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Forum Language: English (United States)
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Spookyhappyfun » Tuesday February 6th, 2018 3:45pm

tallyho wrote:I realy liked the Warlock. So i made these Cards.

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Bilder/Warlock

It says that the folder doesn't exist. :(

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

Ogre Champion
Ogre Champion

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby tallyho » Wednesday February 7th, 2018 7:01am

Spookyhappyfun wrote:
tallyho wrote:I realy liked the Warlock. So i made these Cards.

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Bilder/Warlock

It says that the folder doesn't exist. :(

Sorry, not used to Dropbox.
Try this one

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6kic4x64z1nq ... GCN5a?dl=0
TakeAway
tallyho

Mummy
Mummy

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Return to Heroes