• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Warrior Twins

Discuss the creation of new Heroes and share Heroes you've created.

Re: Warrior Twins

Postby Daedalus » February 27th, 2018, 12:49 pm

After a bit of consideration, I'd say starting attack should be adjusted downward. The twins already possess three combat advantages over a starting Hero. First, they may each attack once as a starting Hero. That amounts to an extra attack over a single Hero. Second, they may combine for a heavy attack against a single opponent that outshines a starting Barbarian. Third, they can often focus defense on the only twin vulnerable to a counter attack. On top of all that, they also get an extra search or possibly disarm action. That can result in twice the treasure of other Heroes.

For those reasons, I'd reduce the twins' starting attack to 1/1. Maybe the starting weapon should just be that special, reusable dagger for each twin. I say this with the understanding that they would be allowed to purchase equipment as I've suggested in the previous post.

I also would like to see only 1 Defend and movement die shared (assuming equipment may be bought.) Otherwise a twin in combat could roll 7 or 8 Defend Dice with his/her partner safely out of harm's way. So here's an amended version of the ability:

If the Twins have line of sight to each other, up to one attack, one defend, and one movement die may be donated to the other Twin as you choose for one turn.
With equipment purchases this is quite strong, so I'd simplify and go with this:

If the Twins attack the same Monster, up to one Attack Die and one Defend Die may be donated to the other Twin for one turn.
The Twins work together as a combat team, but movement isn't affected because. . . how? And I'd even recommend dropping the throw ability. A bonus attack, combat dice perks, and a bonus search action are already stacking this Hero-pair above the basic four Heroes quite a bit. If you are creating your other Heroes at a more powerful level and increasing the difficulty of your Quests (or not allowing equipment to be purchased), then keep the throw ability. More power to ya!
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby j_dean80 » February 27th, 2018, 2:55 pm

Perhaps make them separate Heroes each counting towards the 4, but joined together in the same Quest they get the bonuses.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby tallyho » February 27th, 2018, 8:03 pm

Great ideas folks. I see that i have to work more with this card. The use of Attack and Dagger in one action are to high and it certainly outshine the Barbarian. Reduce the Attack and Defend value to 1/1 each would balance it better, and limit the use on the dagger. Maybe it can only be thrown once, either before, after or during movement. Still i like the idea that theres a possibility that the twins could loose theyre dagger (one each), but still have a chance to get them back.
Movement dice, when not in line of sight of each others, Twins move with only one dice each. The line of sight rule does make them vulnerable to monster attack in the narrow Dungeon.
Search rule could be that they can only perfom one search action.
Thanks for the help, this still need some work.
TakeAway
tallyho

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby tallyho » March 1st, 2018, 7:12 am

"Otherwise a twin in combat could roll 7 or 8 Defend Dice "
Not sure where you get these 7- 8 defend dice from when in my earlier post stated
"My thought with the attack and defend value 2/2 are two dice each for the Twins. So max on one twin would be; attack 4 and defend 4 body 5 mind 3".
TakeAway
tallyho

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby j_dean80 » March 1st, 2018, 8:55 am

Combined would mean 10 Body 6 Mind. Seems high.
Blood - Good to the last drop

Ye Olde Inn Quest Design Competition 2024 Joint Winner

Rewards:
Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Grin's Stone Map Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
j_dean80

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby tallyho » March 1st, 2018, 12:46 pm

Sure, and if you multiplie everything with two we have attack 8 aaaand defend 8 aaaand body 10 aaaand mind 12. Hurray, Goblins beware !

Hmmm.........

fishy.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TakeAway
tallyho

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » March 1st, 2018, 6:08 pm

This hobby really knows no bounds. Warrior Twins with Plasma Rifle.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby tallyho » March 1st, 2018, 6:47 pm

I kept it subtle. Not sure on the attack dice for this one.

770.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TakeAway
tallyho

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby knightkrawler » March 1st, 2018, 7:42 pm

40 should do it. Spreadable among all figures in the room.
Or 3 dice with the sword.
A little tactical option keeps a player happy.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » March 11th, 2018, 7:48 am

tallyho wrote:"Otherwise a twin in combat could roll 7 or 8 Defend Dice "
Not sure where you get these 7- 8 defend dice from when in my earlier post stated
"My thought with the attack and defend value 2/2 are two dice each for the Twins. So max on one twin would be; attack 4 and defend 4 body 5 mind 3".

You can see it if you recheck the order of the posts. In post #3 I brought up the issue of 7-8 Defend Dice after buying equipment. Adding combat dice through buying equipment is available to all other Heroes. I assumed the Twins should do the same.

Your self-quote is from post #5, where you clarified your intent to cap one Twin at 4AD and 4DD from the share ability. I acknowledged this in post #10 and made some new suggestions so that 4/4 fit with later equipment purchases.

I think you have a really unique Hero design with the Twins which is good in my book. Criticism is more likely with radical ideas, but I hope you understand it's meant constructively. You are the ultimate judge of how you want the Twins to fit in with published material, and it appears you're on the right track. I hope they see some playing time, and you let us know how your final version works out.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Previous

Return to Heroes