• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

MoJones304's Group of 25 Heroes

Discuss the creation of new Heroes and share Heroes you've created.

MoJones304's Group of 25 Heroes

Postby MoJones304 » Friday October 20th, 2017 10:29pm

This is my first time posting on here, although I have been a member for a while. I have decided to add my group of 25 Heroes onto here. I will be adding my other additions as well, such as: spells, treasure, artifacts, enemies, rules, etc. As you can see, each Hero has two specific skills or abilities. Also I have found a few different ways to make Mind Points more relevant, so many of their starting Mind Points were increased. My rule book will explain that further. Each Hero is classified under one of five groups and this effects how each player chooses their Hero. All weapons and armor are labeled as Light, Medium, or Heavy and each Hero has a maximum allowable weapon or armor that they can use. All of my changes make far more sense when seen as whole and they have really balanced out the game while making it more fun as well. Hope you guys enjoy what I'm putting forward. The rest will be added in the coming days. Thanks.

MoJones304

Skeleton
Skeleton

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: MoJones304's Group of 25 Heroes

Postby Spookyhappyfun » Saturday October 21st, 2017 7:23am

Very cool! Thank you for sharing.

Rewards:
Killed a mighty Fimir! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Spookyhappyfun

High Mage
High Mage

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » Friday February 2nd, 2018 5:58pm

I like the idea of two skills per Hero, especially with those Heroes who have one skill requiring an action while the other skill works as a free action.

I have some suggestions for the Lancer's jump attack. Marking a target works as a free action, but leaving the board is a perfect defense. I'd say it should cost an action for such a major benefit. Also, a marked target is free to move away, possibly out of the Lancer's movement range. Rather than a range of 4 spaces, consider tying the jump to the Lancer's rolled movement on the following turn of the attack.

Also, I believe the Engineer's craft skill should state it is used between Quests. Perhaps the craft chart makes this clear?
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Slacker Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby allenspoon » Sunday April 8th, 2018 2:50pm

This is awesome. I love your additions and changes. I've gone through each of the forum boards and I think I have all of your materials. Do you have them all together in a centralized place (Google Drive or something) to make sure I have everything?
allenspoon

Return to Heroes