• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Zombicide Heroes

Discuss the creation of new Heroes and share Heroes you've created.

Zombicide Heroes

Postby Anderas » February 26th, 2016, 2:05 pm

I took a look at the Zombicide Heroes, and they are just so beautifully modelled that i guess i can't resist making Heroquest Heroes from them.

Base Game Heroes

Dear Moderators, if you don't like that i deeplink, i'll remove them, no problem! :)

I like Ann the most.
What stats does she have in Heroquest?

Ann:
6 Body Points, 4 Mind Points.
Ann may use a Long Sword one-handed.
If she has two Blade Weapons that have a maximum of one die difference in attack, add one white die to her attack value.

Baldric is a Magician.
4 Body Points, 6 Mind Points.
He may choose up to two Spell sets. Choose one before the game and one of them he may choose during the game.
He can use weapons with up to three attack dice.
Last edited by Anderas on March 15th, 2016, 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Zombicide Heroes

Postby QorDaq » February 26th, 2016, 3:16 pm

I like this concept Anderas.

Are you planning to tackle all of the Heroes in the base game? The others available as well?

If so, it might be worth going through the Skill list (From the Z:BP core rulebook, which start on Page 37 of the linked RB), and coming up with some Z-Cide --> HQ conversions for each Skill. That might help establish a baseline for the character's abilities. Which you kind of did with Baldric as a Spellcaster. Obviously with no leveling in the basic HQ rules, incorporating each Skill on a given character's reference card would not work, but selecting one of them that supports the flavor of the character might work to distinguish them from existing HQ characters.

Silas, for example, is an Elf. Unlike the Elf in HQ, he does not have Magic as an established part of his character traits, however a majority of his Skills directly relate ranged combat. So he could have somewhat typical Elf stats but perhaps give him a short bow at character creation along with perhaps the Point-blank Skill or something--just as a quick idea, I don't know precisely what Point-blank would actually do in HQ as I don't recall ranged weapons having a minimum range in vanilla HQ.

Point being, I really dig the idea of coming up with some stats and abilities for the Z-Cide heroes that would not be over powered but could make for some interesting alternatives to the Vanilla HQ PCs.

Below is a small portion of the most generic but potentially most difficult to convert Skills from the RB. I have not even attempted to write any conversions for these at this point, so their presence here is simply an example of the most basic, but possibly most common, types of Skills in Z-Cide BP. Any effort to convert these skills would require some careful thought on the relative power of various types of actions in each game, as well as equipment characteristics in each game. For example; a Short Sword in HQ is a 2D weapon that hits on a 1-3 (relative) while the same weapon in Z-Cide is a 1D weapon which also hits on a 3 in 6 (4+). In comparison, a Short Bow in HQ is a 2D weapon as well, and with the exact same 3 in 6 chance to hit whereas the Z-Cide Short Bow is a 1D weapon with a 4 in 6 chance to hit (3+). Now in some cases these actually even out a little since you only get 2 actions per turn (one being movement-specific) in HQ, whilst in Z-Cide most characters start with three actions per turn of any sort. Were one of those three actions to be dedicated to moving then effectively a Short Sword in either game would be roughly equivalent--though not all weapons would work out this way and in general spells are more powerful when used in Z-Cide because they are not exhausted as they are in HQ.

Regardless, and again these are only a few of the most basic Skills, the list (without any conversions).

+1 free Combat Action – The Survivor has one extra free
Combat Action. This Action may only be used for Melee,
Ranged or Magic Actions.

+1 free Dog Action – The Survivor has one extra free Action
to use with Dog Companions. This Action may only be used
with Dog Companions.

+1 free Enchantment Action – The Survivor has one extra
free Enchantment Action. This Action may only be used for
Enchantment Actions.

+1 free Magic Action – The Survivor has one extra free Magic
Action. This Action may only be used for Magic Actions.

+1 free Melee Action – The Survivor has one extra free Melee
Action. This Action may only be used for a Melee Action.

+1 free Move Action – The Survivor has one extra free Move
Action. This Action may only be used as a Move Action.

+1 free Ranged Action – The Survivor has one extra free
Ranged Action. This Action may only be used as a Ranged
Action.

+1 free Search Action – The Survivor has one extra free
Search Action. This Action may only be used to Search, and
the Survivor can still only Search once per Turn.

+1 max Range – The Survivor’s Ranged weapons and Combat
spells’ maximum Range is increased by 1.

+1 Zone per Move – The Survivor can move through one
extra Zone each time he performs a Move Action. This Skill
stacks with other effects benefiting Move Actions. Entering
a Zone containing Zombies ends the Survivor’s Move Action.

1 re-roll per Turn – Once per Turn, you can re-roll all the dice
related to the resolution of an Action (or Armor roll) made by
the Survivor. The new result takes the place of the previous
one. This Skill stacks with the effects of Equipment that allow
re-rolls.

2 Zones per Move Action – When the Survivor spends one
Action to Move, he can move one or two Zones instead of
one. Entering a Zone containing Zombies ends the Survivor’s
Move Action.

Ambidextrous – The Survivor treats all Combat spells, Melee
and Ranged weapons as if they had the Dual symbol.

I am curious to see where this could go.

maj!
maj! = Klingon word for "Good". Used in the context of "I approve".

- vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
QorDaq

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » February 26th, 2016, 3:33 pm

Hehe, thanks for the ideas.
Yes, i definitely want to take it to the end of the Base Game Heroes. If the Kickstarter Knight Level Heroes do fascinate me, too, once they are delivered, then i would include them too.
If others participate with ideas, feel welcome!

I do NOT intend to translate all the 90-something Hero Characters, nor the skills directly. The Skills are not really comparable, as in Zombicide you can kill a dozen Zombies single-handed and in Heroquest even the HQ25-Project Kobold (1AT, 1DE) is a strong enemy as soon as their numbers are greater than the heroes.
And the Zombicide Heroes are too many, so i won't do them all.

Currently i am thinking what Nelly could have for special ability:

The other Base Game Characters are these:
Samson the incapable smith :)

Silas the ranged attacker

Clovis the fallen Paladin who doesn't know the difference between Black, Grey and White anymore.

Pictures taken from here

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby QorDaq » February 26th, 2016, 4:03 pm

I agree, there are a lot of potential heroes in BP--trying to convert every one of them would be exhausting. Especially if each were to be made truly unique. That said, many of them could also be easily used as stand-ins for existing fan-made HQ characters considering the number of Palladins, Rangers, Clerics, and so on that exist now.

I also agree that any direct conversion would be difficult, though there are some neat Skills in Z-Cide that, again, could be used to help flesh out the theme of a given character, while other fluff from the game could also be utilized.

I already offered Silas up as an example of an "Alt" version of the Elf. Similarly Samson as an "Alt" Dwarf, might incorporate his background as a Blacksmith by giving him an ability where he could once per game, at the beginning of a quest, "Sharpen" one bladed weapon adding 1 CD. This could be somewhat balanced by say removing the bonus the first time a black shield is rolled or something. Maybe he can do this three times per quest?

Similarly, Nelly's back story might offer some clues to her special ability... She's adept at dodging grabby drunks in the chaotic environment of the seedy pubs she's worked in, so maybe she gets a Defense bonus when facing 3 or more adjacent opponents? Or perhaps she can attack diagonally with any weapon? Move through enemy-occupied spaces if she can roll at least one Shield? I don't know, lot's of possibilities here.

maj!
maj! = Klingon word for "Good". Used in the context of "I approve".

- vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
QorDaq

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » February 27th, 2016, 9:20 am

Nelly the tavern wench.
5 Bp
5 MP

Nelly is used to tavern brawls and knows her way out even in the thickest fight.

If Nelly attacks in melee, she can move herself and her target one field afterwards. That means she can even change places with her target.

If she starts her turn with no adjacent enemy, she can move attack move.

--> This is not Move-Action-Move, it applies to attacks only.
Last edited by Anderas on March 21st, 2016, 8:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » March 15th, 2016, 2:43 am

Silas
Other than the Heroquest Elf, Silas is like the blond Elf from Lord of the Rings, a dancing archer.

6 BP, 4 MP.

Silas may move diagonally two times per turn, as long as one of the adjacent fields is free.
He can use his bow even on adjacent targets.
When attacking with a bow, he might reroll one :blackshield:
He can use Spell Scrolls.
Last edited by Anderas on March 21st, 2016, 8:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » March 21st, 2016, 7:46 am

Okay, Clovis definitely is of the Barbarian type.
I can't decide if i would put him on the table with 8-2 or 7-3. Clovis didn't seem to think a lot during his service for the lord, so maybe 8-2 is appropriate.

Clovis,
8 BP
2 MP

In Zombicide, he has better melee, a shield for free and "Swordmaster". "Swordmaster" means he can use both weapons if they are from the same type, effectively attacking twice.
In Heroquest this is a no-go as the amount of Monsters is finely balanced with the amount of Heroes and their attacks. Just giving him one white die more in Melee would mean he is exactly as my barbarian, so he would be double, so i don't want it.
hm.

He has a shield for free in Zombicide and get's hit and run when he really is high level.

Maybe he gets:
Clovis, 8 BP, 2 MP
Reroll :blackshield: once when attacking. Ignore the movement penalty of heavy armour.

Fitting to a paladin type, trained to be in heavy armour. It doesn't copy the Clovis of Zombicide 1:1, but at least it is not double with the Barbarian and not too strong.
Last edited by Anderas on March 21st, 2016, 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » March 21st, 2016, 8:06 am

Last we have Samson.

A skilled Smith and a dwarf, but shall not be double with the Base Game Dwarf.
Ok we start with 7BP, 3MP.

Zombicide: "Iron Hide" Defense +1. Many little Close Combat Bonuses, but they all have that. Ultimate Skill: He can replace the number of attacks of his weapon by the number of Zombies in his zone. Nice one.
All of this has nothing to do with his smith background story.

Ok, i rather stay with the Background story.
* Samson may sell weapons 10% more expensive than normal heroes. (he puts his "personal mark" on the weapons)
* Rerolls all :blackshield: in defense once.

Ok, next step would be some graphics. Symbols and Hero Cards.

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » March 22nd, 2016, 7:35 am

Nelly finished

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » March 22nd, 2016, 8:17 am

Ann finished
Remark: These are the Hero sheets as used in my PBP Game. For the Boardgame i might change them again. :)

I seem not to be able to vectorize this picture without failures, so instead you receive a 500px high resolution B/W one.

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Heroes