• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

My latest new heroes

Discuss the creation of new Heroes and share Heroes you've created.

My latest new heroes

Postby The Admiral » January 12th, 2016, 12:42 pm

Here are the guys and girls that have been created to take part in my current quests based around the Heralds of Chaos questpack:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: My latest new heroes

Postby The Admiral » January 12th, 2016, 12:44 pm

Here are some more:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Count Mohawk » January 12th, 2016, 1:45 pm

I like how you added "Trap disarming skill" as its own statistic for each of your Heroes. What does the Toolkit do, then?

One critique: Although the Alchemist can make good use of his fifth Body Point, the fact that he has to leave his Water spells unused to recreate his supply of Potions each Quest makes him rather worse than the Wizard, who has comparable equipment restrictions but can replenish his nine Spells each Quest, a distinct advantage over the Alchemist who can replace at most 3 Potions or Spells.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle!
Marquis of Math
Count Mohawk

Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » January 12th, 2016, 4:12 pm

Count Mohawk wrote:I like how you added "Trap disarming skill" as its own statistic for each of your Heroes. What does the Toolkit do, then?

One critique: Although the Alchemist can make good use of his fifth Body Point, the fact that he has to leave his Water spells unused to recreate his supply of Potions each Quest makes him rather worse than the Wizard, who has comparable equipment restrictions but can replenish his nine Spells each Quest, a distinct advantage over the Alchemist who can replace at most 3 Potions or Spells.

The Toolkit gives a -1 die modifier.

Some of these guys are not full blown heroes. They are almost NPC's that the players meet, and who then tag along for a bit. Only the Trollslayer and the Imperial Noble are proper heroes to replace my brothers' dead Dwarf and Barbarian, who died in the Frozen Horror. Deiter (Noble) will encounter Altus the Alchemist in the final quest of Carlos' Starter Pack (Room C of The Dead Rising), before the two will join Saracen and Lidda for the final three quests of Heralds of Chaos (HoC).

Balash the wizard rescues Gwendoline in the quest, Rescue of the Princess. Then with Saracen and Lidda play quests 7-9 of HoC.

Eldred the Elf rescues Braska the Bright in the quest, The High Mage. Then with Saracen and Lidda play quest 4-6 of HoC.

The Trollslayer saved the barely alive Runepriest from the intro to Solace and Redemption, which the two then played, and then helped Saracen and Lidda in quests 1-3 of HoC. Then the two played A Golden Mystery from Karak Vlag. Took the Gold Bar to the Dwarf Bombadril for identification and then the three set off for Karak Vlag, meeting Erik in the Barrow hills (Encounter 1).

In a post HoC quest, Deiter, Willie and Altus will meet the Cleric from the intro to Stronghold of Orcs (Quest 2, Chaos Unleashed).

Rewards:
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » January 12th, 2016, 6:41 pm

I'm gonna be brutally honest here...

I'm not gonna download and open 9 separate documents.
Do you have another way to present them online? Or perhaps at least put them all in one document.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » January 13th, 2016, 11:39 am

Goblin-King wrote:I'm gonna be brutally honest here...

I'm not gonna download and open 9 separate documents.
Do you have another way to present them online? Or perhaps at least put them all in one document.

There you go ace...

Rewards:
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Showdown35 » January 14th, 2016, 3:50 am

Why is the Bright Wizard spell that controls a Monster called "Flight"?

Is that just a typo or am I missing a reference?
It's like a new pair of underwear; at first it's constrictive, but after a while it becomes a part of you. I have to go...

My HeroQuest Homebrew project site: http://www.showdowndave.ca/heroquest
Showdown35

Gargoyle
Gargoyle

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » January 14th, 2016, 5:12 am

Showdown35 wrote:Why is the Bright Wizard spell that controls a Monster called "Flight"?

Is that just a typo or am I missing a reference?

You will have to ask Dewayne Agin, as these are based on his Bright spell pack. Feel free to call it whatever you like.

Rewards:
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » January 14th, 2016, 9:53 am

The Admiral wrote:There you go ace...

That is all I ask for |_P

Okay, so these are some pretty advanced characters compared to basic HQ...
A couple of comments:

Alchemist:
I like the concept of potion tokens. I don't like how you have to NOT use your spells to replenish them.
I find that a common problem in HQ is that you always save your spells for the hypothetical boss-fight at the end of the quest. Often there isn't such a thing and you saved your spells for nothing.
I'd much rather promote the heroes to use their spells and potions. I recommend skipping this rule.
If you want to make it more dynamic, how about letting him roll a die for each MP before each quest and gain a potion token for each skull. Still force him to only pick different potions.
Then the spells can be the reliable constant.
Consider if it's possible making the token system into "regular" spell cards instead.
Then the rule could be condensed to something like: At the beginning of each quest, roll a combat die for each of your MP. For each skull rolled you may pick one card from the Alchemy deck.

Cleric:
Again I would consider turning his blessings into a simple spell deck. I think it's better to convert as much as possible into something that resemble stuff already in the game.
The randomness of the roll could just be included in the cards.
I like the simple +1 against undead rule. Frankly that would be enough to make a simple Cleric class in my opinion :)

Manager:
Basic ranger, sort of a mix of dwarf and elf... dwelf.
Simpel but good special rule. Very nice.

High Mage:
He's not a player character, right?! :shock:

Noble, Rogue, princess and runepreist all look good.
Again, if you are into making cards, make his runestones into a spell deck.

Slayer:
It's a little disappointing there are only two available rune inscriptions. Consider giving him more choices.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby The Admiral » January 14th, 2016, 11:35 am

Thanks for the feedback.

No, the High Mage is not a player character. In fact, only the Imperial Noble and Slayer are intended as basic characters who will go on long term and build up. The others are just people the main heroes meet and who help out for short periods and hence they mostly all start already with some stuff.

I can't actually make cards. The Bright Wizard spells are already available for download. I just made the spell sheet, AHQ style, to save me the hassle of making them for just four quests. The cleric is not a magic user so I wanted him to appear different to a wizard, but you could easily make cards out of his blessings. The Runepriest is again slightly different. He is using actual stones to cast his magic, hence he actually has to touch his target with the appropriate stone. Again, cards would work perfectly fine here.

Regarding the Trollslayer, I can see your point, and I may in the future add some more. These are for my own personal gaming and the Slayer is also able to increase in power via warrior training, which I believe will make him strong enough in the foreseeable future. Here are the abilities he can gain at 500gc a pop:

Trollslayer
1) Axemaster – If you attack with an axe or warhammer you may re-roll any of the attack dice.
2) Sweep – If you are equipped with a two-handed weapon, and kill a monster, you may make another attack against another adjacent monster as long as an obstacle or hero is not in between.
3) Hard to Kill – Permanently increase your body points to nine.

Rewards:
The Admiral

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Heroes