• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: New character

Discuss the creation of new Heroes and share Heroes you've created.

Postby Dougy Destroyer » June 17th, 2015, 6:27 am

Necromancer spells:
Command undead: This spell enables the necromancer to put one undead monster under his control, starting from the necromancers next turn. The undead monster may try to break free by rolling one defence die at the start of each turn. If he rolls a shield, he returns to normal.
Corpse explosion: This spell enables the necromancer to use any corpse as a weapon. All the squares adjacent to the corpse recieve two body points damage. The victim may roll 2 defence dice, for each shield the damage is reduced by one.
Curse: This spell enables the necromancer to curse any one monster, that monster will then roll 2 less defence dice for the next two turns. Unless the monster can roll a 5 or a 6 using one red die.
Leech life: This spell enables the necromancer to heal from damage the golem inflicts on monsters. The spell is broken when the golem can no longer see a monster.
Reanimate golem: This spell enables the necromancer to reanimate a defeated golem. The golem will rise up from the floor, with all lost body points restored, and may attack immediately.
Summon golem: This spell enables the necromancer to summon a golem (place golem adjacent to the necromancer).. The golem may move and attack immediately.
Summon mummy: This spell enables the necromancer to reanimate a fimir as a mummy (place mummy adjacent to the necromancer).. The mummy may move and attack immediately.
Summon Skeleton: This spell enables the necromancer to reanimate a goblin as a skeleton.(place skeleton adjacent to the necromancer).. The skeleton may move and attack immediately.
Summon zombie: This spell enables the necromancer to reanimate a orc as a zombie (place zombie adjacent to the necromancer).. The zombie may move and attack immediately.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dougy Destroyer

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Dougy Destroyer » June 17th, 2015, 6:30 am

Golem
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dougy Destroyer

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Dougy Destroyer » June 17th, 2015, 6:48 am

I also include this battle mage character in my games, I did not make this character card. I just really like the balance and could not create a better battle-mage myself |_P
Dougy Destroyer

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby cynthialee » June 17th, 2015, 12:31 pm

The only one I would take exception to is the Knights restriction on no heavy weapons. (oh and the cleric getting a short sword...should be a mace or hammer)
Other than that these look like some cool characters.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Dougy Destroyer » June 17th, 2015, 2:55 pm

Thanks Cynthialee :D for your feedback, I appreciate it.
I did not give the knight the ability to use the battle axe because he would be using 5 combat dice the first time he attacks each monster and he would be to powerful.
I could use maces and hammers for the cleric and give them the same combat dice values but it would be too much work.
Dougy Destroyer

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby cynthialee » June 17th, 2015, 3:08 pm

5 dice attacks are rather stout, but it isn't going to happen until the dude gets enough gold to buy equipment upgrades.
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
~Sun Tsu The art of War~

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
cynthialee

Swordsman
Swordsman

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Dougy Destroyer » June 27th, 2015, 1:01 pm

If the knight gets Borins armor and the spirit blade artifacts he will arguably be the most powerful character already. Especially considering his movement advantage.
Dougy Destroyer

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Daedalus » November 4th, 2015, 12:31 am

Dougy Destroyer wrote:Necromancer spells:
Corpse explosion: This spell enables the necromancer to use any corpse as a weapon. All the squares adjacent to the corpse recieve two body points damage. The victim may roll 2 defence dice, for each shield the damage is reduced by one.

How do you determine where a corpse is found? Do you use body markers for kills? Also, this spell almost certainly kills all adjacent, regular monsters with 1 Body Point and probably kills adjacent, regular monsters with 2 Body Points. That's quite powerful. It might be more interesting to limit this spell to 1 Body Point of damage rather than 2.
UNCLE ZARGON
WANTS.. YOU

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group Member Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in five (5) Play-by-Post games. Created a Hot Topic. Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy!Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Editor-in-Chief
Daedalus
Dread Ruleslawyer

Wizard
Wizard

Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberArtists Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby alyndavies » November 4th, 2015, 2:10 pm

Dougy Destroyer wrote:My cat also joins in most of the time so I made her up a monster card.

haha I love this, our cat also does this when we play, she's called Midnight, but we normally call her Mischief.
alyndavies

Ogre Warrior
Ogre Warrior

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Re: Re: New character

Postby Dougy Destroyer » December 24th, 2015, 9:43 am

Hey Deadalus, sorry for the late reply. Body markers are a good idea. I honestly had not thought that far ahead haha. I had intended it as a combo attack, for example: The barb attacks and kills an orc then moves away. The necro could then use corpse explosion if there were extra monsters around the dead orc. You could reduce the damage or make the spell do friendly damage as well. So you have to strategize more, and don't damage your friends. Up to you mate.
Dougy Destroyer

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Heroes