• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

New Hero

Discuss the creation of new Heroes and share Heroes you've created.

New Hero

Postby chaoticprime » April 30th, 2014, 10:56 am

I put this guy together. Never made a UK hero before, so that's why this is.

I decided to use the name "Oriental" as its the closest equivalent to "Barbarian," logically. I understand that there is sophomoric use of the word as a pejorative. The point is to have him described from a Western perspective, and it literally means "from the East."

Last edited by chaoticprime on April 30th, 2014, 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: New Hero

Postby Tott » April 30th, 2014, 11:14 am

not bad, an interesting ability. could seriously drain cash if you wanted to use it a lot though!
the name however, just doesn't work. I think you'd be better off just calling it a ninja or a knife thrower maybe?
Tott

Necromancer
Necromancer

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby chaoticprime » April 30th, 2014, 11:24 am

He's not a flavoring, that is literally the only descriptive equivalent there is. I suppose I could find something else, since "Barbarian" actually means, "not Greek."

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » April 30th, 2014, 12:20 pm

Easterling, Eastron...
The picture, the stats, the special ability call for Assassin or Scout or something similar, independent from the character's geographical origin.
Maybe a combination, like Eastron Assassin, would make sense.

The word Ninja is too heavily connotated with something very very specific in the real world. It doesn't fit a fantasy setting because the whole setting will appear as merely a frame for uncreative derivations of cliché ideas you wanna press into that setting until it all gets too much and very stuffed. The Warhammer world is such an abomination of zero naturalism OR realism where ideas and derivations are pressed in a very unimaginative map of a world that under the circumstances is just too freakin' thinly populated and would be far from as assessible as the game suggests.
I also don't like the term Zombie for the above reason. Or monk. You get the idea.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby chaoticprime » April 30th, 2014, 1:35 pm

Let's call him something totally basic d&d, like Shooter or Thrower or something 4E--Tornadohawk Fellknife.

Rewards:
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Usergroups:

Postby knightkrawler » April 30th, 2014, 1:50 pm

:mrgreen: Tornadohawk Fellknife is almost as cool as Fighter.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby chaoticprime » April 30th, 2014, 1:53 pm

Fighting-Man.

Rewards:
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Usergroups:

Postby wolfie907 » April 30th, 2014, 4:21 pm

call it a ninja that is what the picture is of and most people will call it that anyway I mean id bet if you showed that pic to 10 people and asked them to describe it at least 8 of them would say ninja

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
wolfie907

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Teldurn » April 30th, 2014, 4:33 pm

chaoticprime wrote:or something 4E--Tornadohawk Fellknife.

Implying 3.x didn't suffer from that? Because it totally did. No need for the barbed words, fearsome Edition Warrior.
War is not the answer...unless the question is, 'What is not the answer?'

Check out Broadsword, a love letter to 90s dungeon crawling board games.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Destroyed a Zombie!Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Teldurn

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby chaoticprime » April 30th, 2014, 11:08 pm

I hate 3rd and 3.5 most of all. Descriptively, 4E was rife with those used to distinguish between multiple types of monster--but was extended further still in describing singular species as well. 3.5 was rife with the templates. I could have said, "Axiomatic Dire Tarantula."

It must be non-alliterated logical fallacy Wednesday. You were able to glean the exact opposite of my beliefs based on what I didn't actually say. I also didn't mention Original D&D, 1st ed, 1.5 ed, 2nd ed, or 2.5 ed. So what I can assume is that you are either a fan of Basic (doubtful) or 4E, and you probably also have a bad history with 3E apologists. I have been banned on Facebook by Monte Cooke and Sean K Reynolds for pointing out their *lemony goodness*. And if you liked being bamboozled by 4E, no one here is going to call you a petulant loser who got roped in by a card/board/miniatures/world of warcraft-game. There were so many pieces, what wasn't to like?

The only RPG I will play is GURPS: Bunnies & Burrows.

Rewards:
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Usergroups:

Next

Return to Heroes