• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Party Restrictions

Discuss the creation of new Heroes and share Heroes you've created.

Party Restrictions

Postby Redav » January 26th, 2014, 1:24 am

I'm currently building a set of expanded house rules and am thinking about some party restrictions. I'm adding ranger, cleric and thief classes to the list and I was thinking instead of simply choosing a character to play as for a whole quest pack, you actually have access to a pool of heroes to choose from before a quest allowing you to pick the right character for the job. That's probably a common thing to do but I was also thinking that if a character dies during a quest (unless you have a raise dead ability), you don't have access to that character class until after you've completed the next quest (unless the quest is part of the way through connected quests) because it takes time to find a replacement.

Thoughts?

Has anyone else included management of a hero roster or something else in their campaigns?
Campaign Status
EU Group: Kellar's Keep - The Dwarven Forge
NA Group: The Gathering Storm - Barak Tor - Barrow of the Witch Lord

Project's Status
Rules: House Rules and Clarifications are open for discussion
Campaigns: Thinking
Alternate Mini's: Planning and acquiring
Painting: I've started painting... :o

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered all eight (8) Game System monsters. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Redav

Storm Master
Storm Master

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Party Restrictions

Postby knightkrawler » January 26th, 2014, 4:17 am

It's basically what I do.
There's 4 hero classes - warrior, adventurer, adept, spellcaster, and I offer 4 hero types in each.
Each player chooses a hero type in such a way that every class is represented among the group.
After a hero death, the player may start fresh with any new hero type out of "his" class, so as to keep styles of playing and the fun ever-changing.

if ever I have more than 4 players, then any hero class may not be represented by more than two heroes.
HQ - Heroes & Villains (Dropbox-download link) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgj0kzsys9w38oh/AAA_VEHx6vMv4HKRX7IiOWTFa?dl=0
Feedback http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3560
Gallery http://forum.yeoldeinn.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1972&hilit=knightkrawler+gallery&start=200
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've found a way of paying off old debts:
Always make more promises than you can break.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Crushed a powerful Chaos Warrior! Smashed a massive Gargoyle! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Cheese Baron
knightkrawler
The Furry Blue Derailer

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Re: Party Restrictions

Postby chaoticprime » January 26th, 2014, 4:58 am

You need to have mutually exclusive roles.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
chaoticprime
Practically Lives Here

Swordsman
Swordsman

Forum Language: English (United States)
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Return to Heroes