• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Expanding Spell Scrolls

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Expanding Spell Scrolls

Postby drathe » Monday February 23rd, 2009 12:01am

I'm thinking of expanding the Spell Scrolls to include all the elemental spells, as well as the Spells of Darkness, Detection and Protection. They're fairly simple to make with the Spell Scroll Template, I could whip almost all of them up in one spare evening. I was also thinking of doing some more Chaos Spell versions and some from the Elf Spells. They would make fair additions to quests that some of us fans design. If others feel they would find use for them, I'll make them up. Otherwise I'll only do them as I go along in Quest Making which, at this point in time won't be for quite a while. Save for the possibility of a few more quests for the Local Legends series.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Advertisement

Re: Expanding Spell Scrolls

Postby Phoenix » Monday February 23rd, 2009 6:07am

When redoing my card deck, I too, had thought of adding more spells. I then realized that I didn't want to over-load the Heroes with potentially powerful spells. A lot of time my players frequently forget that they have spell scrolls, when suddenly they seem in most dire straits and then cast like 14 spells in rapid succession. I decided to keep it to the original Scroll Deck and only add ones that were made available through Quest Packs I had created/re-created. Same for Artifacts, although I did add some Artifacts from the "Un-officially" released Quests (i.e. Eyes of Chaos, Growl of Thunder, etc.).

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
The Great
Phoenix

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Return to Cards