• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Ideas for this quest treasure

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Re: Ideas for this quest treasure

Postby Ethica » July 17th, 2012, 3:48 am

torilen wrote:Second - with the crown of embers, I think it cancels out a little too much, in my opinion. I would say
maybe that the wizard can't use water spells - the opposite of fire. That way, he still gets powerful
fire spells, as he is focused on those - but it doesn't drop him to the same level of the elf, only having
three spells instead of nine.

Yeah it does leave the Wizard with a lot less scope. I considered the only not being alowed water spells option but that's hardly different from the normal run of things, except that the elf would always have to take water, unless he wanted to make things difficult.

Another option I will probabaly work on is introduce another 3 fire spells that come bundled with the crown or come some other way. Wall of Flame, Firestorm, Summon Fire Elemental. That gives the Wizard 6 powerful spells, combined with a staff that shoots unlimited fireballs for 2 attack dice (in place of a crossbow),he's quite formidable (no healing abilities unfortunately).

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Ethica

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Ideas for this quest treasure

Postby Ethica » July 17th, 2012, 3:04 pm

Sjeng wrote:
Ethica wrote:Main problem is I have the resolution set to crap, so the quality is a bit low. But I started that way before I really knew what I was doing. I can't find all the old images I used for some other quest treasure cards I did so I can't go back and redo them :(

Are you using photoshop? I can mail you my card template. It's based on the Ye Olde Inn's cards (drathe's standard empty cards).
I've made payers where taxt should be etc. All you need then are your original images.

Using paint shop pro. I've got the backgrounds from your latest cards, ready for making better resolution versions. Just got to find all the images I used (foolishly I deleted all my draft images).

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Ethica

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Cards