• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Ideas for this quest treasure

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Re: Ideas for this quest treasure

Postby Ethica » July 15th, 2012, 11:41 am

I've reconsidered my latest artifacts. Here are the revised cards-
Cloak of the Hawk.jpg
The Blood Sword.jpg
Crown of Embers.jpg
Realm Beastiary.jpg

I think the Crown of Embers gives a good trade off. You become a Powerful Fire Mage as opposed to a all round wizard. Alternatively it can be worn by the barbarian or dwarf to give them some extra protection if they think they're gonna need it. The Elf doesn't get to use it because it would improve way above his magical limitations.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Ethica

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Postby Sjeng » July 15th, 2012, 12:44 pm

Hmmm. Not sure about these. The ideas are really cool, but I wouldn't use them, but then I'm kind of a purist :P Don't want to change the game too much.
I do want to add elements of all US/EU expansions to my game, but I try to keep it balanced and within the existing rules. So I'm not one to add too many completely new ideas. Even if they sound really good ;)

The Bestiary is kind of useless if you have good memory though ;) But I can imagine casual players enjoying this advantage.

PS: download the HeroQuest fonts from this website, and use those for the cards. Makes em look more official ;) the text box font is called Aldine721
Check out my YouTube channel Boardgame Heaven, and drop me a sub please!

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Forum Language: Nederlands
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Ethica » July 15th, 2012, 6:00 pm

I have used the official fonts.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Ethica

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Sjeng » July 16th, 2012, 2:09 am

Ethica wrote:I have used the official fonts.

Well, bugger me, so you have! :geek:
They seemed a bit off to me... Maybe the size is too big, not sure, they look different somehow. My apologies :oops:

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Slain a measly Goblin! Slaughtered an Orc! Killed a mighty Fimir! Shattered a Skeleton! Destroyed a Zombie! Unravelled a Mummy! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Goblin-King » July 16th, 2012, 2:24 am

ha ha ha... @ Crown of Embers.

"Hey guys! I set the entire dungeon on fire for you. You guys like walking through flames right."

"I don't think the new Wizard is working out... I miss Zoltar."

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges.Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Ye Olde Judge Dredd
Goblin-King
Really looks like David Bowie

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Ethica » July 16th, 2012, 5:36 am

Sjeng wrote:They seemed a bit off to me... Maybe the size is too big, not sure, they look different somehow. My apologies :oops:

Main problem is I have the resolution set to crap, so the quality is a bit low. But I started that way before I really knew what I was doing. I can't find all the old images I used for some other quest treasure cards I did so I can't go back and redo them :(

Goblin-King wrote:ha ha ha... @ Crown of Embers.

"Hey guys! I set the entire dungeon on fire for you. You guys like walking through flames right."

lol he does look pretty pleased with the disaster he's created.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Ethica

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby el_flesh » July 16th, 2012, 8:00 am

"Too bad he got skewered by 2 goblins last adventure. I knew one of us should have hung back to protect his ass."
"I will raise your dead body as an undead skeleton. Then I will make it do unspeakable acts. Like taking a shower." - El Flesh.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
el_flesh

Exiled
Exiled

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Sjeng » July 16th, 2012, 9:20 am

Ethica wrote:Main problem is I have the resolution set to crap, so the quality is a bit low. But I started that way before I really knew what I was doing. I can't find all the old images I used for some other quest treasure cards I did so I can't go back and redo them :(

Are you using photoshop? I can mail you my card template. It's based on the Ye Olde Inn's cards (drathe's standard empty cards).
I've made payers where taxt should be etc. All you need then are your original images.

Rewards:
Official Spokesman
Sjeng
Ye Olde Orcish Bard

Chaos Warlock
Chaos Warlock

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby torilen » July 16th, 2012, 3:26 pm

First off - can someone please draw a comic to go with the "I miss zoltar" bit. That's great.

Second - with the crown of embers, I think it cancels out a little too much, in my opinion. I would say
maybe that the wizard can't use water spells - the opposite of fire. That way, he still gets powerful
fire spells, as he is focused on those - but it doesn't drop him to the same level of the elf, only having
three spells instead of nine.

Neat items, though - I like the beastiary, myself. Especially if you like for the players to NOT play
meta-game style. Meaning...yes, the player knows that the creature is, but the character might not.
Maybe offer a beastiary of certain creatures, and it details weaknesses of that creature. The character
could then have an advantage when fighting that type of monster.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby torilen » July 16th, 2012, 3:32 pm

to go back a bit - talking about using this as a system of advancement (which, I started working with as well - check out my
treasure and artifact cards threads).

If you were looking to work specifically with the wizard and elf - perhaps look at using scrolls, and have them for specific
spells. That way, the player can still remove them from the game when they have been cast. Reduces the need to turn, flip,
and remember if you've already used the book or not.

Just a thought.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic.
torilen

Ice Gremlin
Ice Gremlin

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

PreviousNext

Return to Cards