• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Armour

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Armour

Postby Pugahla_272 » March 15th, 2011, 5:50 pm

Hey guys,

just wandering whether anyone has made any armour. I find that it is all the same, apart from some are better than others. Plate mail and helmet are bassically the same, just plate mail has more defense dice but lowers ur movement to one dice. Borin's armour is alrite but it still has the same thing, more defense dice but this doesn't lower ur movement.

It must be quite hard to think of and design armour because there are not many things u can do with it and not many people have done it.

I think that amour with a unique and special ability/effect is good and can make the game slightly more intresting.

How many people actually use armour?
Look for my signature below
Look for my signature above
Pugahla_272

Mummy
Mummy

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Armour

Postby drathe » March 15th, 2011, 6:04 pm

Throughout all my games over the years, every single one of my players used armour. Each piece adds to their defence. Buy a helmet, buy a shield, but some chain mail and put them all together for three extra defence. Why wouldn't you use armour?

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Pugahla_272 » March 15th, 2011, 6:22 pm

drathe wrote:Throughout all my games over the years, every single one of my players used armour. Each piece adds to their defence. Buy a helmet, buy a shield, but some chain mail and put them all together for three extra defence. Why wouldn't you use armour?

dunno why someone wouldn't buy armour, my group are gonna start mellar's maze and ever1 who can afford it has bought armour, helmet or braces.

I thought u can only have 1 piece of armour and a helmet at one time.

If chain mail says have 4 DD then you put on a helmet doesn't ur DD go down to 3.

Just out of curiosity have you played all the expansion packs
Pugahla_272

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Jaguar69 » March 15th, 2011, 8:03 pm

Pug, where did you get that you can only wear one piece of armour?? You can use armour around the whole body adding to your defence, ie helmet and shield, but you wouldn't hold two shields, or else you will not be carrying a weapon!!

Why do you think your chainmail defence goes down if you use a helmet? if you have chain mail (defence 3 dice) and a helmet (+1 defence die) gives you 4 defence dice to roll! Plate mail gives you 4 defence (but you can only roll one die for movement) with a helmet gives you 5 defence.

I really don't think you need to worry about plate armour (maybe chain mail) for melar's maze! This is still very early on in the journey of HQ!!
Jaguar69

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby ken » March 16th, 2011, 4:11 am

Here is something we cooked up to help the Wizard along.
Bracegirdle.doc

Also working on Mithril Armour, lighter than Platemail, so no loss of movement. If it is good enough for Frodo Baggins, it's good enough for me. :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Tott » March 16th, 2011, 4:25 am

im going to be posting an quest pack up soon with quite a few artefact cards. heres a peek with the armour based ones...

Blessed Shield
A sturdy shield adorned with divine symbols.
Allows one extra dice to be rolled in defence. Increases total mind points by one.
May not be used by the wizard.

Imperial Aegis
A shield of exceptional quality and expense.
Regardless of the dice roll, always gain one bonus white shield in defence.
May not be used by the wizard

The Gargoyle Crown
A band of solid silver, in the middle sits a deep crimson ruby that is warm to the touch.
Allows 1 extra dice in defence and increases total mind points by 1.

Dragonscale Jerkin
An exquisite long coat made of finely woven dragon scales.
Allows two combat dice in defence. Black shields may be used as well as white when blocking damage.

Crystal Staff
A tall staff made entirely from a single piece of crystal. It glows with eldritch energy.
Allows two combat dice in attack and can be used to attack diagonally. Allows one extra dice in defence. Increases total mind points by one.

Colossal Helm
This heavy helmet made of thick Dwarven iron was forged in Giants blood.
Allows one extra combat dice in defence. Increases total body points by one. May not be used by wizard.
Tott

Necromancer
Necromancer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Pugahla_272 » March 16th, 2011, 3:07 pm

Jaguar69 wrote:Pug, where did you get that you can only wear one piece of armour?? You can use armour around the whole body adding to your defence, ie helmet and shield, but you wouldn't hold two shields, or else you will not be carrying a weapon!!

Why do you think your chainmail defence goes down if you use a helmet? if you have chain mail (defence 3 dice) and a helmet (+1 defence die) gives you 4 defence dice to roll! Plate mail gives you 4 defence (but you can only roll one die for movement) with a helmet gives you 5 defence.

I really don't think you need to worry about plate armour (maybe chain mail) for melar's maze! This is still very early on in the journey of HQ!!

just so u now i'm not intrested in buyin any i hav alredy got a helmet.
Just wanderin if any1 had made any more.

But doesn't helmet say 3 defense dice or does it say +1. I thought it says 3 defense dice.

And Tott, those artefacts are wiked.
Pugahla_272

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Jaguar69 » March 16th, 2011, 8:54 pm

Helmet is +1 defence die. definitely. You being the Elf start with 2 defence, and hence will get three defence all together by using the helmet!
Jaguar69

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby gravaillon » March 17th, 2011, 2:11 am

instead of adding defend dice, you can say that the armor allow you to defend with skulls instead of white shield...
See my remastered edition of Heroquest and all the Quest Books on http://www.heroquest-reloaded.blogspot.com
gravaillon

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Forum Language: Français
Hero:
Usergroups:
Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby ken » March 17th, 2011, 5:23 am

Most of the regular armour, plus Totts, may not be used by the Wizard. Why is this ? Gandalf was a tough old bird, and Wizards would do well being modelled on him. I can see why they might not have lots of hand-to-hand attack dice, because of their magic. I say, lets here it for the Wizards. :mrgreen:

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
ken
The Greybeard

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Next

Return to Cards