• Advertisement

New Fire Spell: From the Ashes

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Re: New Fire Spell: From the Ashes

Postby Ethica » Thursday January 27th, 2011 5:07am

That's much better. Perhaps when it's used by one player it becomes innaffective for them, but they can then pass it on.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Ethica

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby SinghSTAR » Friday January 28th, 2011 2:06pm

Having it as an item seems a lot better- more logical and means it doesn't get super-over powered. Having it cast every quest takes the danger element out of it, so I suppose this way is better. When thinking of the initial idea, I was thinking of that quest when we got wiped out by the portal that was spewing undead, Chacha, and how we could avoid that next time. (Well, that, and the AWESOME name ;))

So, if it was an item- where would you find it? In a deck of treasure cards?
SinghSTAR

Skeleton
Skeleton

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Jaguar69 » Friday January 28th, 2011 5:35pm

Well, you won't be playing that quest again, that was a starter quest!! 8-)
If it is say a 'Pheonix Orb' quest treasure/ artifact you can find it in a particular quest after searching, or put one in the treasure deck as a special one off item that is taken out. Once used by a Hero, it is discarded until it is a quest treasure again, or it can go back in the treasure deck. Probably best to game test it to decide which. ;)
Jaguar69

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Big Bene » Friday February 4th, 2011 7:42am

I think it's great, even as a spell. Sure, it would "take the risk out of anything you do", but things should be less risky for a powerfull mage than for a newbie. It would still mean that the character would be out of game for the rest of the given quest, not getting any reward or quest items (which are usually found at the end of the quest), plus loosing all his gold.
Personally, I would include a dice roll, black shield means the character remains dead.

Also, it can be cast only on one hero. Spell description says " If that Hero dies...", so the spell must be cast beforehands. The mage would have to decide which hero is to rise from the ashes, and if the hero in question doesn't die in the quest, the spell is lost for nothing. So it still is not a free card for everything.
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby Ethica » Friday February 4th, 2011 8:44am

Good points.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
Ethica

Giant Wolf
Giant Wolf

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby HeroQuestFrance » Friday February 4th, 2011 9:31am

It's always nice to add new homemade things in the game but I think first of all you have to rework a lot of things in this game. For europeans we are, we need a correct translation of the chaos spell we didn't have with logic (some of the chaos spell cards are .... pouet !) and also playtested quests for the 4 expansions after the return of the witch lord.
Also a update of the magic shop, the armory etc.

When I've started the complete remix of heroquest 2010, I have corrected the translation of 2 of the original spell cards since "courage" was just 2 more dices at the defence for next fight and not until one monster is visible !
I also have decided to change "the djiin" who can attack with 5 dices a visible target OR rez a dead character (to his max points) giving more power to the wizard. The possiblity to open a door was stupid and not useful at all.
More a spell which comes later with a expansion gives this power. (detection spell in wizard of morcar "vision of the future")
I also created & added a elixir of life to rez a character, into the basic treasure deck and the possiblity to buy it in the magic shop between 2 quests.
It's expensive but also gives a sense to the gold won between quests.
At a certain point, the heroes don't care about gold since they have all the basic gear, the best artefacts you can dream about and this is essential to stick them into a gold addiction.

Now I'm reworking the 5th expansion, the mage of the mirror and since the wizard starts now with 12 spells (air, fire, earth, water) + 9 of the wizards of the morcar (protection, detection, darkness) I also re worked entirely the 8 spell cards of the elf to give him also a rez spell.
The basic spells he has were completely stupid, not tested and not useful.
It's a hard task to rework all this to be on the way back of the spirit of the game system.

Rewards:
Created a Hot Topic.
HeroQuestFrance

Orc Shaman
Orc Shaman

Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby drathe » Friday February 4th, 2011 12:12pm

Return of the Witch Lord, Quest 4, The Halls of Vision is the only Quest where any Hero group I've had find the Genie opening a door useful.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Pugahla_272 » Sunday February 6th, 2011 4:28pm

I quite like this idea and wouldn't mind using it when I play if that's alright with you

the artwork is amazing jaguar69
Look for my signature below
Look for my signature above
Pugahla_272

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Pugahla_272 » Tuesday February 15th, 2011 1:13pm

I think what you can do is :

get it as an artefact, you get these as if searching for treasure

or .....

when searching for treasure get it out of the deck ( when you pick that one from the top)

I think that once it is used it goes back into the deck it came from so another player can use it again after that. I dunno about if the same player draws that same card:

would he be allowed to use it
could he pass it on to teamate therefore not being able to use it twice
does it go straight back to where it cam from, the deck to a different hiding place ect.
Look for my signature below
Look for my signature above
Pugahla_272

Mummy
Mummy

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Cards