• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Templates Prepping Cards for the Remake

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Templates Prepping Cards for the Remake

Postby Super Saiyan Musashi » Wednesday April 7th, 2021 7:23pm

Per a request, I will supply the templates I've been using to make my intended expansion cards, both as textless images and as GIMP Projects you can edit. I can't promise an exact match, but I've been using the Verdana Bold font in most of my cards, with Garamond for the Hero descriptions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Super Saiyan Musashi

Fimir
Fimir

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: Templates Prepping Cards for the Remake

Postby Kurgan » Wednesday April 7th, 2021 7:53pm

Thanks for sharing! |_P
And I can see you did pretty much what I did, which was to use the rubber stamp and marquee tools to "erase" the text and images that were there on the HQ remake website/blog. That works! Once you put your own stuff on there, it will look fine. Now to find the proper size. I'm inclined to guess it's going to be either the exact same size or US Game card size, but who knows, maybe they'll throw us a curve ball and make them poker size (MTG size?). I'm going to resist the urge to print any new cards until we know the precise measurements just in case!

Love it or hate it, I'm sure there will be some use for such assets at the end of this year when the remake comes out.

I use Paint.net these days and I am looking for a proper plugin to open GIMP files (I found one but it was glitchy), but once I do that I'm set! Just having the pngs and knowing the fonts is a great head-start.

In the cards they showed us, I see they've gotten rid of the superfluous "starting armor" thing, though I, and many others have created heroes that actually do start with armor.

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Frozen Horror
Frozen Horror

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby iKarith » Thursday April 8th, 2021 5:23am

I think I'd make those ever so slightly wider if they're intended to be poker-sized. You're not quite extending out the full 36px bleed, and you've made some assumptions about the shape of the corners. It's possible this will be quite fine, but it's actually another reason I sort of think a borderless design might be good.
Milton Bradley: "So guys, everyone knows about orcs, goblins and mummies and stuff, but what about these 'fimirs' we're putting in the game? Tell me all about them!"

Games Workshop: "Uhhhhhhhhhhh...."
Web Mage
iKarith

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Postby iKarith » Thursday April 8th, 2021 7:12am

I just had a look at the best picture I could get of the proposed artwork. I dunno. I don't dislike it (apparently some people do…) It's definitely digital artwork, but it's not BAD digital artwork. I kinda expected it to be.

I wonder if it's not going to be more the direction that we prep remakes for classic game integration.

I think replacing the hero boards with cards makes a LOT of sense, personally. Why make things more complex than they need to be?
Milton Bradley: "So guys, everyone knows about orcs, goblins and mummies and stuff, but what about these 'fimirs' we're putting in the game? Tell me all about them!"

Games Workshop: "Uhhhhhhhhhhh...."
Web Mage
iKarith

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar

Return to Cards