• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

My ideas for new spells

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

My ideas for new spells

Postby Super Saiyan Musashi » November 17th, 2020, 7:09 pm

I was considering adding these spells to the game such that the players would still start out with the same set of spells, but these new ones could be added as shop items that the Wizard or Elf (or other magic-capable heroes) can spend coins on, possibly with a few limits as to how many extra sets of spells can be added, like 1 set per Mind Point.

The Element spells would be sold as an extension to the starting 12 spells, so both Elf and Wizard would benefit from the purchase. Combination Elements have High Caliber Spells, which require expending another spell from that same group or a pair of spells from the elements that comprise it (Ice = Water + Air, Tree = Water + Earth, Explosion = Fire + Earth, Lightning = Fire + Air):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fKRTeP ... sp=sharing

Spell Cards:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xI1AIH ... sp=sharing

Edit: Card pictures added

Up to each DM how to price them, but in my games..
Standard Element Spells are 300 coins per school, and another 300 Coins to get the set of 4 bonus spells (1 per Element: Blaze, Hover, Mellow, Stone Wall).
Combo Element spells are 500 coins per school. ie: Tree, Explosion, Lightning, Ice
Mind Spells are 600 coins
All others are 400 coins (White, Black, Wizard, Time)
Only the Sentinel can use the Sentinel spells.

If a spell is 'High Caliber' (look for a diamond in the corner), casting it requires expending another spell of the same type, or in the case of comb0-elements, 1 spell from each of the underlying elements (ie: Detonate, a High Caliber Explosion spell, needs either an Explosion spell or a Fire Spell plus an Earth Spell).
Last edited by Super Saiyan Musashi on March 21st, 2022, 4:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Super Saiyan Musashi

Fimir
Fimir

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: My ideas for new spells

Postby Super Saiyan Musashi » March 17th, 2021, 11:59 pm

The link now provides a ZIP file with card pictures of the new families of spells. When I DM a game this Fall, I'm thinking of adding a Magic Shop with these spells available for purchase between quests much like Armory items.
Super Saiyan Musashi

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:

Postby lestodante » March 18th, 2021, 7:15 pm

I guess with the first link you wanted to show this pic:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by lestodante on March 19th, 2021, 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Kurgan » March 18th, 2021, 8:07 pm

Ah, so set in the style of the remake (but with full color images). Neat!

Thanks for sharing... is the idea that a spell would be usable for many quests after you buy it, or single use (like a Spell Scroll)? In the base game it's assumed that you can swap out spells at certain points (maybe after every quest or just between packs). I'll have to look them over...

Rewards:
Destroyed a Zombie!
Channeler
Kurgan

Witch Lord
Witch Lord

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Super Saiyan Musashi » March 19th, 2021, 1:46 am

Kurgan wrote:Ah, so set in the style of the remake (but with full color images). Neat!

Thanks for sharing... is the idea that a spell would be usable for many quests after you buy it, or single use (like a Spell Scroll)? In the base game it's assumed that you can swap out spells at certain points (maybe after every quest or just between packs). I'll have to look them over...

Ah hello!

The idea was that they'd be like the other spells once purchased: once per quest. Scroll versions could be offered for less, but for now I was thinking many quests.

I always assumed in the main game you could switch thd Elf and Wizard spells between quests. My current plan was to allow that with these expansion spells too, with a limit of 1 spell family per Mind Point (ie: Wizard can bring 6 sets, Elf can bring 4).

I also realized that my White and Tree spell card backs still say Ice on them; I'll upload a fix tomorrow.
Super Saiyan Musashi

Fimir
Fimir

Hero:

Return to Cards