• Advertisement

Ye Olde Inn is proudly hosted by

Proudly Hosted by MDD Hosting

Host your Website at MDD Hosting by clicking the logo above and Ye Olde Inn will receive a commission that we'll put toward keeping Ye Olde Inn online for everyone to enjoy!

Treasure Decks for different occasions

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

Re: Treasure Decks for different occasions

Postby Big Bene » Tuesday November 23rd, 2010 5:10pm

It's working now...
Perhaps because I reached 20 posts and am champignon now.
Hate these two-classes attitude.
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Postby drathe » Wednesday November 24th, 2010 12:56am

Big Bene wrote:It's working now...
Perhaps because I reached 20 posts and am champignon now.
Hate these two-classes attitude.

You became a Champion member at 14 posts, ;) which allows you access to the Champion's Table contents and the ability to add attachments to your own posts. You should have been able to download attachments from posts in the rest of the forum (outside the Champion's Table). If you have problems with any other downloads, please let me know via PM. I may have mis-configured a forum. :oops: The two-class system is designed to reward members who contribute to the forum and prevent random passersby from abusing the attachment system (every file adds to Ye Olde Inn's storage quota).

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Forum Language: British English
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Big Bene » Wednesday November 24th, 2010 7:42am

That's OK for me.
But it's not so much about uploading than about downloading - when I first visited The Olde Inn, I tried to download Against the Ogre Horde. I was told I had no right to do so. The option would have been to get it at Phoenix' place, but his website has a nasty tendency to crash my browser, still don't know why. This really disappointed (and still disappoints) me. Personally, when I do something for the community (i. e. not to make money with), I want to give it freely and for all without restrictions whatsoever (and I did so many times, see the link at the bottom for example).

Don't get me wrong - all in all, you run a really great website here. I would not be so active here, hadn't I not fallen instantly in love with it. I'm working on something "big" to contribute right now.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=User.EntriesListing&id=45534
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby drathe » Wednesday November 24th, 2010 2:06pm

The Against the Ogre Horde and Wizards of Zargon in the Champion's Table forum are different from the ones at Phoenix' Website. Now that you're a Champion, you can download them. There are only three things (at the moment) that are Champion exclusive at Ye Olde Inn. Everything else is available for everyone for free. In fact, it costs me to provide everything here as hosting a Website like Ye Olde Inn isn't free.

Originally, the Remastered editions of OH and WZ weren't done for the community. I did them for myself. It was only a few months later that I decided to make them available in some way to the community as a way to say thank you to all those who have helped our community here grow. I understand how you may be disappointed, but I personally don't believe 14 posts of community involvement is too much to ask in order to download something that took me months of work to create. But everyone has their own opinions and I respect yours.

I'm glad you're able to enjoy the rest of Ye Olde Inn at least.

Rewards:
Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Wrote an article for the Blog. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:
Innkeepers Group Member Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Postby Big Bene » Wednesday November 24th, 2010 4:32pm

Hi again!

I must confess, I anxiousely waited for your reply, and I'm really glad you see it this way, because offronting you is the last thing I would want to do. But critics must be allowed, and this problem just was important to me.
The Against the Ogre Horde and Wizards of Zargon in the Champion's Table forum are different from the ones at Phoenix' Website.
I know, but newbies can get neither of them... at least in my case, having those problems with Phoenix' site... :roll:

Of course I know the efforts and costs of running a website - I run (pay) one and administrate four.
All the more I respect your great work here.

But now back to topic ;)
when the boss dies one card is drawn at random by whoever dealt the killing blow
As for looting a corpse, I think one could use marks, just as the ones for the dropped equipment in Mage of the Mirror when Heroes become werewolfes. When someone (Hero/monster) is killed, place a "corpse marker" at the field. Heroes can later loot the corpse when standing on the same or an adjactant field. Looting costs an action, just as serching for treasures. What do you think? Would this be to time-consuming?
Have a look ;)

Rewards:
Big Bene

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby drathe » Wednesday November 24th, 2010 5:15pm

Here's my two-cents on the topic:

I like the idea of different decks for different things. Yes, I believe it would slow things down. However, some players enjoy a more in-depth game while others want something with a faster pace. For those who want a fast game, stick to the original rules. For those who want something more, add in the different decks.

Rewards:
Lord
drathe
The Bastiferous!

Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Hero:
Usergroups:

Postby joec » Wednesday November 24th, 2010 5:35pm

drathe, you're completely right.

But, as long as the GM creates the tables beofre the game session, it should be okay. Have a few like:
  • Standard
  • Corpse looting
  • Crypt
  • Forest
  • Town

Then, just roll and check the appropriate table.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic.
joec

Ogre Lord
Ogre Lord

Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Champion Group Member

Previous

Return to Cards