• Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

The Temple Deck

Discuss card making and cards you have made.

The Temple Deck

Postby Anderas » August 7th, 2020, 6:05 am

We discussed some weeks ago what new card deck would be nice to make.

We thought that it might be nice to have a temple deck! What's that? Well, in Warhammer Quest and similar successors to Heroquest, you were able to go praying in a temple.
This could give you a blessing, or not, depending on how many coins you were spending.

So here is the idea:
The Temple wrote:Between quests, you may go pray to the gods so that they may bless you for your next quest. Be aware, only the strongest believers will receive a blessing!

Spend as much gold as you like as an offering to the gods in this temple.
For each full 10 gold, take one temple card.
Choose one
and put the rest back to the pile.
You may only choose to keep cards that can actually be used by your character.

So basically, you take lottery.. godlery... tickets. If you take only one, it might be a bummer, or the gods may even be angry with you. The more you take, the more choice you have, the better the chance that there is a great card among them. You may only keep one card each time you visit the Temple.

Click here to download US and EU format printer quality cards

With Lestodante, we have received some great pictures from two professional artists: Alberto Macari @the_maal_ (he has drawn 9 cards from this deck) and Laszlo Seber @babyrhino_art (11 cards). With the @ you can find them on Instagram.

I will post previews here only, to let you all control my bad english and make suggestions. Similarities to certain movies are purely accidentally. :lol:

ImageImage

The good cards. Each one could be there up to two times.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImage

The soft dud. This card should be there like 5 or 6 times

The hard duds :-)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by Anderas on October 28th, 2020, 6:37 am, edited 12 times in total.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Forum Language: British English
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Morcar
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Advertisement

Make a small donation to Ye Olde Inn!

Donate via Paypal

Every cent received goes toward Ye Olde Inn's maintenance and allows us to continue providing the best resources for HeroQuest and Fantasy Gaming fans.

Re: The Temple Deck

Postby Mophus » August 7th, 2020, 8:51 am

Love the pictures! Only the "Nothing", "Apple of Discord" and "Clattering Bones..." seem inconsistent to the style, to me.

Rewards:
Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges.
Mophus

Chaos Warrior
Chaos Warrior

Forum Language: Deutsch
Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » August 7th, 2020, 10:47 am

The "Nothing" is indeed self made. I shall see if I can get that one produced, too.

Apple of Discord, if I turn it, then it's the Barbarian like on so many pictures. But yes, maybe some background is missing to make it fitting.

Rewards:
Hosted a Play-by-Post game. Played a turn in a Play-by-Post game. Created a Hot Topic. Participated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges. Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member
Champion Group Member

Postby Pancho » August 7th, 2020, 3:22 pm

Great stuff.
I’ll be using these I think. The Trap Karma one is brilliant (that poor Goblin!) and I’d really enjoy slapping that down on the table in front of a devious Evil Wizard player...

Rewards:
Participated in three (3) Miniature Exchanges.
Pancho
Rock Skin Achieved

Halberdier
Halberdier

Hero:
Usergroups:
Scribes Group MemberAdventurers' Guild Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby StratosVX » August 7th, 2020, 3:34 pm

Question: On the No Mana, No Magic card it generically states that if you roll a shield, your spell fails. Does this mean if you roll either a white shield or a black shield or is this just if you roll a white shield?

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout

Forum Language: English (United States)
Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby Anderas » August 7th, 2020, 4:16 pm

Good point thanks Stratos.
Would someone care to test which shield is just below the "aw man that hurts" border? :lol:

No, it is supposed to be the black shield. I'll change the text tomorrow.

Rewards:
Anderas
NOT Andreas!

Polar Warbear
Polar Warbear

Hero:
Usergroups:
Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » August 8th, 2020, 2:22 pm

Mophus wrote:Love the pictures! Only the "Nothing", "Apple of Discord" and "Clattering Bones..." seem inconsistent to the style, to me.

Because he used some "alternative" images for them. The good ones for "Dripping Windmill", "Dark Favour", "Unravelling", "Magic Moment", "Apple of Discord" and others are coming soon.

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby StratosVX » August 8th, 2020, 10:03 pm

A couple of things I just noticed on these. Dark Favour says: "The chaos gods smile upon the you..." Need to remove the second "the."
For the curse card that reduces attack, the card says: "Roll one white die less in attack..." Might sound better as "Roll one less white die in attack..."

Also, you found a very talented artist lestodante. This person is doing a fantastic job.

Rewards:
Zealot Miniatures: Twisting Catacombs Kickstarter Backer
Scribe of Heroes
StratosVX
I hate snakes, Jacques...

Scout
Scout

Hero:
Evil Sorcerer: Zargon
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group Member Champion Group Member

Postby lestodante » September 14th, 2020, 6:50 pm

Anderas, I was thinking that if you give the chance to discard negative cards to heroes it may be too easy to pick up good cards only (paying more, of course).
What about to give the Evil Wizard Player the chance to draw one of the discarded negative cards?

Rewards:
Wizard of Zargon Group MemberParticipated in four (4) Miniature Exchanges. Participated in two (2) Miniature Exchanges. Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
lestodante

Yeti
Yeti

Hero:
Usergroups:
Wizards of Zargon Group MemberScribes Group MemberChampion Group Member

Postby Maike05 » October 24th, 2020, 5:49 am

Guys, I was wondering whether you finished the deck and if so could you please share a download link ! :)
Also interested in hi-res copy of the art used for the cards for my custom expansions.

Rewards:
Grin's Stone Map Wrote twenty (20) articles for the Blog in three (3) sections. Participated in a Miniature Exchange. Destroyed a Zombie! Encountered a menacing Chaos Warlock!
Maike05

Elven Archer
Elven Archer

Hero:
Usergroups:
Adventurers' Guild Group Member Artists Group Member Champion Group Member Scribes Group Member

Next

Return to Cards